Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, useless said:

He's said himself when asked if he's as wealthy as a dollar billionaire, that he thinks he's worth 'rather more than that'. LHG recently valued at around a billion in English pounds, he has other businesses besides, xwho seem to have done a lot of work with government. Then there's the £600m he was widely reported to have put into a English bank account, to prove to the football league that he has the finances to run us for the next two years.

Wyness said recently that it's no good coming in a promising this and that if you can't back it up and that they've got a chance to be the best in the business.

Where have you read that? There will be more qualified finance people on here than me to look over the figures, but looking at Lotus' recent accounts does not make good reading. I very much doubt it would fetch a billion English £ as Lotus' total assets are worth around £ 250 million, obviously there is goodwill to take into consideration but with it's liabilities and the way it is currently performing it doesn't appear the most attractive of companies.

http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Financials?s=600186:SHH&subview=BalanceSheet

It's a news story on the Recon website.

" 由世界品牌实验室(World Brand Lab)主办的“世界品牌大会”于6月22日在北京举行,会上发布了2016年(第十三届)《中国500最具价值品牌》分析报告。莲花以81.16亿元品 牌价值再度上榜,目前,莲花已连续十三年入选中国500最具价值品牌,品牌价值由2004年的11.81亿元增加到现在的81.16亿元,较2015年的 55.96亿元提升了25.2亿元。"

And so say all of us.

• Like 1

During an interview he did on the roof for Chinese TV, Xia did actually expain in part why LHG are doing well despite the balance sheets not looking great. In explaiining he mentioned some financial acronymn can't remember exactly, may have been EBITD, or something like that. Anyway the link I posted appears to explain that LHG have been named as one of China's top 500 most valuable brands.

Edit: Looking on the LHG website it was initially name in "China's 500 Most Valuable Brands" in 2011, with a value of 2.168 billion yuan, it now apparently has a vale of 8.116 billion yuan, up  2.52 billion yuan from last year's 5.596 billion yuan. So it's growing.

Edited by useless

13 minutes ago, andyh said:

I think that says his net worth is 55.96 Billion pounds and not 25.2 billion as previously reported.

That's what I want it say anyway ! 

That's a lot of money.

Not sure how to explain it, but he does not look to me like a man with that sort of money.

Then again, Abramovitch invariably looks like a hobo.

If it's all tied up in his businesses then I guess it won't count towards his personal assets, but since we're now part of that portfolio then I would think we'd have access to however much of it we need that he sees fit.

In short, I don't think we'd be short of a bob or two if needed.

Plus, most people with a massive net worth are shrewd with money, so wouldn't necessarily buy a £3000 suit when a £30 suit will suffice.

Edited by Godders

He might have just bought us with a view to getting us back in the Premier league and then selling us on for a profit. If he achieves that it probably won't be a bad thing because he will have to done well to get us back up there in the first place.

Despite Xia communicating via social media, we haven't really been told what he has in store for the club since he was approved. Need to hear more about these plans for the club that Hollis talked and seemed so enthusiastic about, and the technical director.

Despite Xia communicating via social media, we haven't really been told what he has in store for the club since he was approved.

We have. He's said he wants us to be top 5 globally and the biggest team in China.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

That's not a plan as such, more of an hope or an ambition, we don't really no know how he's going to set about achieving it.

The plan should be

Moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

lots of it

enough to get us up

then even more to get us up the up

sooooooooooooooooooooooo much moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey that the up ups us up even more

so far up the ups keep coming so we'll need more moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey to keep us on the up

so much moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeey and so many ups that we'll lose count of all the money and the ups

Well he's given us timescales, so that's going to be as good a plan as you'll be privy to I think.

How he achieves what he's said he will acheive is up to him, the board and the backroom staff. Not social media I'm afraid.

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

I wish his wealth would be officially verified, it would fill me with more confidence if so. I know it's not always how much you have but how you spend it but if the wolves rumours are true (7th richest man in China) I'm worried about next seasons chances of going automatically up. 

Wolves would pretty much need a whole new squad if they were to become Premier League quality. We only need 3 or 4 players, to be honest.

That's not a plan as such, more of an hope or an ambition, we don't really no know how he's going to set about achieving it.

Well, the board and management team he's assembled is a fairly significant indication...

• Like 2

I'm happy with the progress Xia is making so far, he seems up for it and is making sensible changes. I don't feel the need to be updated by him constantly though. I'm sure his plans are detailed and ambitious, we're just not privy to them. The proof will be over the course of this season, things will take time and it will be interesting to see who we might sign in January if we're not in the top six. 

We just need a bit of patience and to try and enjoy the optimism while we have it. It's been a long time since many of us have felt this happy going into a new season. 

On 13 July 2016 at 20:59, It's Your Round said:

I'm happy with the progress Xia is making so far, he seems up for it and is making sensible changes. I don't feel the need to be updated by him constantly though. I'm sure his plans are detailed and ambitious, we're just not privy to them. The proof will be over the course of this season, things will take time and it will be interesting to see who we might sign in January if we're not in the top six. 

We just need a bit of patience and to try and enjoy the optimism while we have it. It's been a long time since many of us have felt this happy going into a new season. 

I seem to remember a similar view last season when we spent c 50 million.

until we see what RDM reshapes and how the players respond ,we will not know.

we will have plenty of time to comment.

fingers crossed.

Edited by TRO

Â