Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

No, I think its a legitimate question and one that is justifiable given the secrecy of the wealth of people from China compared to those who normally buy football clubs. I also think given the hair dresser down the road at Small Heath there is an increased curiosity especially locally.

Add to that our new owners rather outlandish publicly stated ambitions, I think its justified to ask about his wealth in order to establish if he is in any way serious or credible. With a reported fortune of £600m then he hasn't a prayer of making us the club he is talking about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Always helps watching through a pair of these.

:snip: 

(Best picture I could find of claret and blue tinted glasses)

I thought you might be going for a pair of Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

I thought you might be going for a pair of Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses.

Had to google that :D

Would have been handy last season.

• Like 2

They could ask the question less directly. Something along the lines of are you a billionaire, or if Villa get promoted will you be able to compete financially. Anyway to be fair to Xia, he's already answered the question, whether people believe him or not is up to the individual.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been posted before:

"An investment group supported by the Chinese state government is attempting to purchase Liverpool for £700million, The Independent can reveal. 

It has emerged that Liverpool’s owners Fenway Sports Group have been aware of the proposal from SinoFortone since March.

SinoFortone, who are fronted by managing director Peter Zhang, has committed £5.2billion towards new projects in the UK over the last 12 months.

They have already explored the potential of building a new stadium in the dockland area of Liverpool, appreciating that Anfield’s new main stand will be completed in September. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-takeover-state-backed-chinese-group-want-to-buy-club-from-fenway-for-700m-a7083836.html

Would not bode well for our chances to become the #1 team in China

17 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No, I think its a legitimate question and one that is justifiable given the secrecy of the wealth of people from China compared to those who normally buy football clubs. I also think given the hair dresser down the road at Small Heath there is an increased curiosity especially locally.

Add to that our new owners rather outlandish publicly stated ambitions, I think its justified to ask about his wealth in order to establish if he is in any way serious or credible. With a reported fortune of £600m then he hasn't a prayer of making us the club he is talking about.

Completely disagree

5 minutes ago, sne said:

"An investment group supported by the Chinese state government is attempting to purchase Liverpool for £700million, The Independent can reveal. 

It has emerged that Liverpool’s owners Fenway Sports Group have been aware of the proposal from SinoFortone since March.

SinoFortone, who are fronted by managing director Peter Zhang, has committed £5.2billion towards new projects in the UK over the last 12 months.

They have already explored the potential of building a new stadium in the dockland area of Liverpool, appreciating that Anfield’s new main stand will be completed in September. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-takeover-state-backed-chinese-group-want-to-buy-club-from-fenway-for-700m-a7083836.html

Made me feel better to read later in the article that Fenway have no desire to sell up. Give it three years and they'll be trying to buy the villa off Tone.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone else think it's disrespectful as hell how they constantly keep asking Tony how much money he has? I don't think I have ever seen them handle any other owner/chairman/director etc like this. Arseholes!

I think it is a nature of human being to be skeptical about something they dont know (which is fine), however this has been significantly going to an extreme in some occacions because the new owner seems to be known by no one before this takeover (in this country) and he happens to come from a country that is, let me put it this way, controversial. 

For those who question, it may seem to be perfectly normal for them to question. Because of course they have the right to question.

But from a complete different perspective, yes, it is disrespectful, as a bias is clearly there. Intentional or unintentional, i don't know. But it will be foolish to say blindly that there is no bias at all and the questioning on Xia is just a 'normal' reaction to unknown. At least I am not buying this.

Note I am NOT talking about those genuine questions people asked about Xia's wealth. After the test has been done and the takeover has been completed, if people still question Xia's wealth. I think it is over-skeptical, hence disrespectful.

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Is that not just his disposable cash as things stand?

Anyway, the question has been answered. I don't see the need for it to be repeated.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, sne said:

SinoFortone, wow.... This is basically a company backed by the entire central bank.

I will be surprised if this takeover go through, but you never know....

In the last two weeks, four European clubs were bought by Chinese companies, 2 in Spain (Espanol and Granada), Villa and 1 in Italy (Inter). AC Milan is close to a deal, with a few other spanish clubs. Now Liverpool....

Hmmm, it doesn't sound like a pure coincidence that a lot of consortia started to buy European clubs.

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

19 minutes ago, useless said:

The 600M is just money that's been put into an English account to prove to the football league that he can support us for the next two years.

@useless is correct.

Just to put things into perspective, his company have a deal in place to take over a US Logistics company for 3.5 Billion.

He wants to buy other satellite clubs  etc, with one perhaps as early as this year.

Have you just started following this @TrentVilla?

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

His nerves in front of the camera are quite endearing.

"Roberto is bar far the most intelligent manager I have spoken to."

Sorry Nige

Yes, I thought that. Roberto is the most intelligent . . . out of two. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I understood it to be that is what he has deposited in uk banks.

but I think JV was alluding to how many times he has been asked.....The question itself is legitimate, but only relevant to the folk that require it.

• Like 1

Â