Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am sure he is as gutted as the rest of us tonight but like the rest of us he will have to put things in perspective.

He inherited a shambles from top to bottom. A club that had been poorly run for years. A club that was toxic and had lost its connection with the most important part of any club the supporters.

Now two years on we have missed out on promotion by a whisker and it hurts like hell but there has still been lots of progress in two years most significantly that players now have pride in the shirt and fans again have a connection with the club and the toxic atmosphere has gone.

I don't see Xia throwing the towel in and neither will most of us. We'll once again be the biggest club in this division next season and that should mean we can out do all but those who came down in terms of finances. 

We'll be up there again next season and when we do get back where we all believe we belong it will be all the sweeter for the pain we feel now.

The right managerial appointment and we'll be better for it. He has got it wrong twice, improvements under Bruce yes, but not good enough. I personally think we have blown a golden opportunity given how our financial position will now be significantly affected by drop offs in parachute payments, and what have we got left to show for it? A squad that needs to be massively rebuilt due to a combination of wages we cannot afford and aging players.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am sure he is as gutted as the rest of us tonight but like the rest of us he will have to put things in perspective.

He inherited a shambles from top to bottom. A club that had been poorly run for years. A club that was toxic and had lost its connection with the most important part of any club the supporters.

Now two years on we have missed out on promotion by a whisker and it hurts like hell but there has still been lots of progress in two years most significantly that players now have pride in the shirt and fans again have a connection with the club and the toxic atmosphere has gone.

I don't see Xia throwing the towel in and neither will most of us. We'll once again be the biggest club in this division next season and that should mean we can out do all but those who came down in terms of finances. 

We'll be up there again next season and when we do get back where we all believe we belong it will be all the sweeter for the pain we feel now.

You always know the right thing to say. UTV.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This. He’s took us so far from the shit show of Lerner. We were in for a crack at promotion, got us to Wembley with a team that for most of the season have been really fighting for it and we lost out by a goal.

I think you know what you've got to do with our senior managers. It has to be done for the good of AVFC. Young modern thinkers have to be employed to take us forward. I watched you today, watching the first half, and the likes of those young exciting Fulham players and their dynamic coach are the future for clubs who want to be successful. I'm looking forward to watching a young and vibrant coach and Villa team taking us forward next season.

Love ya Dr T.

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

big questions Tony.....you have big uestions to answer. Stop hiding behind twitter and Wyness.

His proclamations at the start of his reign are looking so foolish and misguided right now 

Bit harsh. He's put faith in proven people at this level (players and manager) to get us up.

Appointing a manager with 4 promotions on CV from this division was hardly the worst move. Bad luck he hasn't done the same here.

All these grand proclamations were obviously with us back in the premier league...which is proving the hard part. Considering all the seasons Lerner squandered in the premier league I wouldn't criticise him until we get there and see what he does.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

He needs to prove to us he has some money and can play the game to get it into the club by nefarious means. 

Surely he did that at the start?

We will be hamstrung by FFP in any case so we need to grow more organically from this point rather than more quick fixes.

Â