Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

My guess?

There's no plan.

Conjecture of course but sadly I think you are quite right.

I suppose it’s conceivable that a delay is for a good purpose but i cant think of one.

Surely, surely they were fully prepared for either outcome and all Bruce’s comment about looking at assessing over the  coming days/weeks was just PR whilst waiting for a full statement ? Surely ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Conjecture of course but sadly I think you are quite right.

I suppose it’s conceivable that a delay is for a good purpose but i cant think of one.

Surely, surely they were fully prepared for either outcome and all Bruce’s comment about looking at assessing over the  coming days/weeks was just PR whilst waiting for a full statement ? Surely ?

I don't agree.

You can't please everybody.

If they came out immediately and said Bruce is leaving etc. some people would be pissed.

If they came out immediately saying Bruce is staying and we will be planning for next season people will be pissed.

Once again, they have stated on multiple occasions that they have a contingency plan.

Conversations will have to be had in private, and respectfully revealed.

For all you know decisions could have already be made.

Even prior to the final.

It's like the kit, just because we want to see it immediately and can't doesn't mean it's not ready or exists.

EDIT: @terrytini my post is more aimed at the one you were responding to.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

The longer the club stays silent, bar the odd tweet from the owner stating how he feels, the more that it appears you could be right.

I genuinely thought we would have a proper press release from the club by now given all the speculation. I like Xia but tweeting how he is feeling is not what I'd expect from the owner at a time when he should be leading the way in terms of moving on and looking to the future.

I really hope the club say absolutely nothing until they either (a) have a new manager in place, or (b) announce Bruce is staying on.  

If the Board are competent they must be currently looking at potential managers.  They can operate in the background, sound out (tap up) potential targets and get a deal done (or decide Bruce is the best candidate) without the need to do so in the glare of the media/fan base/other clubs.

Should take no more than 2 weeks

• Like 1

I believe there is\was a plan for not getting promoted.

I would guess that involved sacking Bruce and cutting back selling the playing squad. However the hour is upon us and maybe now plan b is reality, second thoughts are being had and the plan that  was a vague idea has to be firmed up. Bit like brexit - we leave the EU and cut trade deals elsewhere not that easy (or wise) - Yes let sack Bruce, get a younger bloke in , play the u23's - probably sounded easy until around 7pm on saturday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villastine said:

I really hope the club say absolutely nothing until they either (a) have a new manager in place, or (b) announce Bruce is staying on.  

If the Board are competent they must be currently looking at potential managers.  They can operate in the background, sound out (tap up) potential targets and get a deal done (or decide Bruce is the best candidate) without the need to do so in the glare of the media/fan base/other clubs.

Should take no more than 2 weeks

Next season starts on Aug 4  - if Bruce isn't the man he has to be out the door by close of play tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

He should be releasing a thorough statement regarding where we stand and what the plan is going forward especially given all the media speculation  predicting a financial meltdown.

Perhaps there was a plan to cut back drastically on the playing side but we have now had a rethink and are trying to work out some way of holding on to the players we need and sign those we would need to bring in on loan to have another go at getting up as an alternative to having an everyone must go sale and dooming the club to season after season in exile from the top flight.

If that plan in the making is a cunning one to sidestep the worst that FFP has in line for us or we are looking to largely ignore it we are probably best not to advertise our plans to do so too soon. Or he might not want to make our plight obvious which would further encourage other clubs to make silly low bids below the market price for our saleable assets. No news might possibly be good news?

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think you all need to reel for a second. I know we're disappointed, but to call the owner out for not giving you all the answers immediately is a bit childish. 

I mean sure, if we're still sat here in a week with no clear communication OK. But my understanding is that they are meeting the manager today and decisions will be made from there. The idea that "there isn't a plan" just because you don't know the details yet is just plain wrong.

Meeting today ? Source ?

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think you all need to reel for a second. I know we're disappointed, but to call the owner out for not giving you all the answers immediately is a bit childish. 

I mean sure, if we're still sat here in a week with no clear communication OK. But my understanding is that they are meeting the manager today and decisions will be made from there. The idea that "there isn't a plan" just because you don't know the details yet is just plain wrong.

This

Why the **** would the owner issue a detailed statement about our plans? Who does that?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Who is they ? - Xia has reportedly gone back home.

32 minutes ago, hippo said:

I believe there is\was a plan for not getting promoted.

I would guess that involved sacking Bruce and cutting back selling the playing squad. However the hour is upon us and maybe now plan b is reality, second thoughts are being had and the plan that  was a vague idea has to be firmed up. Bit like brexit - we leave the EU and cut trade deals elsewhere not that easy (or wise) - Yes let sack Bruce, get a younger bloke in , play the u23's - probably sounded easy until around 7pm on saturday.

I agree with this 100%. 

Maybe they even fully intended to go ahead with Bruce into next season whether we were promoted or not. But after witnessing the hapless first half and seeing Bruce going nuclear by chucking on every striker on the books for the last 15 minutes may also have thrown Xia and co. 

They have usually been quick to come out and reassure us fans that rumours have been false time and time again, maybe they really are having difficulties this time.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This

Why the **** would the owner issue a detailed statement about our plans? Who does that?

Agree that a detailed plan is not a reasonable request. But there are now constant stories of serious financial issues, with rumours of star players or even the training complex having to be sold. I think it needs to be acknowledged and a bit of honesty shared with the fanbase. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Who is they ? - Xia has reportedly gone back home.

Wyness is the CEO, absolutely no reason XIA has to be there in person.

Plus it's 2018.

Conference, video calls etc are no biggie.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Plus it's 2018.

Agreed - I was just questioning the 'they' 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Plus it's 2018.

I’d expect round to have a strong input too on any decision . 

• Like 1

I think the fact Tony has come out and said he is hurting like the rest of us says it all. He’s not just going to be sat there playing Paper Toss on his phone - wheels are in motion to get us ready for next season, whether Bruce stays or not. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't agree.

You can't please everybody.

If they came out immediately and said Bruce is leaving etc. some people would be pissed.

If they came out immediately saying Bruce is staying and we will be planning for next season people will be pissed.

Once again, they have stated on multiple occasions that they have a contingency plan.

Conversations will have to be had in private, and respectfully revealed.

For all you know decisions could have already be made.

Even prior to the final.

It's like the kit, just because we want to see it immediately and can't doesn't mean it's not ready or exists.

EDIT: @terrytini my post is more aimed at the one you were responding to.

That’s all fair enough - but there’s are lots of examples when Clubs lose a Play off Final that Managers are sacked, or it’s publically stated that they are staying, and other information....sometimes before the TV has finished it’s program for the day.

I’ve not seen any calls for a detailed breakdown of our position, but there’s not even been an indication as to the timetable from here.

Given the various random comments made by Bruce and Wyness about FFP and indeed about Bruces position, I don’t think there’s is anything unreasonable about people wanting something from the Club formally

Its not a normal situation, and they HAVE had weeks to decide what’s next.

If the owner can tweet how sad he is, someone can do a little bit more.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well I don’t want a big debate about this (and I’m sure you don’t) . Especially as I agree as regards “all the answers”.

But the way I read that people wanting a statement today are childish, but in another 7 days that’d be fine ? So they are childish because they have a slightly different timetable than you ?

And whilst there may well be a plan even kicking in as we speak, we don’t know for sure there is, so whether people who think there isn’t one or isn’t much of one can’t be said to be wrong at this point.

Fwiw I think Bruce is 50:50 to stay and the FFP position will not be as bad as the current maths make it look.

Â