Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, mrjc said:

Using Reading / Stam as an example doesn’t hold up quite so well though...

so change him and see how we get on.

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

so change him and see how we get on.

Well I would. I accept that it’s a risk, of course it is. But so was keeping him (from which the risk has sadly borne out), and so is keeping him from here.

Just now, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Harsh to blame him for the first one I would suggest.

I don't think so. It was obvious to me that moving Di Matteo on so rapidly indicated an expectation that promotion could be achieved that season.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I don't think so. It was obvious to me that moving Di Matteo on so rapidly indicated an expectation that promotion could be achieved that season.

As was the spending in the Winter  Transfer Window ....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Tweeting that he is hurting still at a time like this is not what we need. We are where we are and he needs to release a proper statement detailing what the plan is now going forward in terms of finances, the manager and retaining players.

That was what I was alluding to when I said he hides behind twitter and the restrictive nature  of it. There is not enough details just sound bites all carefully orchestrated

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It is ridiculous in his position as owner that he is stating he is still hurting. That is the kind of crap I'd expect a fan to post. He should be releasing a thorough statement regarding where we stand and what the plan is going forward especially given all the media speculation  predicting a financial meltdown.

Indeed , if not him then  wyness who as ceo is quick to tweet when we win but disappears when we lose - there are big decisions to take and the fans deserve to know what the plan is and who will be in charge .

They are quick to ask people to buy tickets for next season but I think we deserve some indication of the situation the club is in and what they plan to do to deal with things .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

My guess?

There's no plan.

The longer the club stays silent, bar the odd tweet from the owner stating how he feels, the more that it appears you could be right.

I genuinely thought we would have a proper press release from the club by now given all the speculation. I like Xia but tweeting how he is feeling is not what I'd expect from the owner at a time when he should be leading the way in terms of moving on and looking to the future.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

First definition of madness, doing the same thing and expecting a different result. 

So on that basis every club barring the promoted ones will be changing manager. 

19 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The longer the club stays silent, bar the odd tweet from the owner stating how he feels, the more that it appears you could be right.

I genuinely thought we would have a proper press release from the club by now given all the speculation. I like Xia but tweeting how he is feeling is not what I'd expect from the owner at a time when he should be leading the way in terms of moving on and looking to the future.

I still think we will hear something by close of play Tomorrow. I would guess that at very least Wyness and XIA have discussed it. I would imagine today Wyness and Bruce get together to see a way forward.

The fixtures for next season are released in just over 3 weeks and the season starts proper on Aug 4. Did I recall that this season the transfer window shuts on the day the season closes ? - none of this end of August bollox ? 

We don't have much time.

• Like 1

Â