Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

I guess depends on how much the new man and his backroom team would cost as we would still have to pay off Bruce and his cronies - with ffp being so tight it may take what little cash we have left to spend - worth it though to get rid of Bruce .

I’d pay the ffp fine, whatever that may be, to get the right man in. Cheaper in the long run, provided we get the right one. Also depends who is deciding. Wyness could be on the phone to Alan Curbishley as we speak :o  

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’d pay the ffp fine, whatever that may be, to get the right man in. Cheaper in the long run, provided we get the right one. Also depends who is deciding. Wyness could be on the phone to Alan Curbishley as we speak :o  

Every penny that has been earmarked for transfers in January so be transferred to a manager fund. 

Getting the next appointment right in the next week or 2 is more important than players. A half decent manager would return a top 6 finish in a canter imo. 

The squad is more than good enough for a top 6 finish, the current manager is not

What concerns me is that lack of football minded people we have on our board.

Middlesbrough made a footballing decision, sacked Monk and brought in a manager they believe that will compliment their style a bit better.

I feel like our Chairman and our CEO are incapable of making this sort of decision.  It appears that our board & chairman are more influenced by business opportunities and ideas opposed to footballing decisions.

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

What concerns me is that lack of football minded people we have on our board.

Middlesbrough made a footballing decision, sacked Monk and brought in a manager they believe that will compliment their style a bit better.

I feel like our Chairman and our CEO are incapable of making this sort of decision.  It appears that our board & chairman are more influenced by business opportunities and ideas opposed to footballing decisions.

Almost makes you feel sorry for Middlesbrough fans :crylaugh:

Sorry lads, if any of you think that mumbling oaf Lambert was "a success" you are obviously too young to have seen a decent Villa team, or criminally insane.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The rules have changed this year and points deductions and demotion are options to the football league - I think we will work within ffp either way and not risk penalties  .

would be funny though if wolves got demoted for breaking ffp rules ;)

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Not when they go up though. They have a big physical team already, Pulis will have them rock solid at the back and there is enough quality up front to pick up plenty of wins.

If he gets them up you can guarantee he'll keep them up as well.

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The rules have changed this year and points deductions and demotion are options to the football league - I think we will work within ffp either way and not risk penalties  

Well that’s different then. But surely we should have clued up people at the club talking to the powers that be to find out how the new rules are interpreted in practice. 

Sorry I just put “clued up” in a sentence referring to our management team. 

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Suprised protests have not been suggested yet.

Other teams do something about being shit, it appears most of our fans are that used to it now that it appears they enjoy it and it has become the 'Villa way'.

So what are you going to do about it? Or are you describing yourself here?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Other teams do something about being shit, it appears most of our fans are that used to it now that it appears they enjoy it and it has become the 'Villa way'.

COMPLETE F**K!NG JOKE OF A CLUB!!

Protesting about what exactly? I'd hate to think we would actually do that over something so petty. I think we would become even more of a laughingstock if there was protests. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Protesting about what exactly? I'd hate to think we would actually do that over something so petty. I think we would become even more of a laughingstock if there was protests. 

You managed to miss the last 12 months of sh*te then?

:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

You managed to miss the last 12 months of sh*te then?

:ph34r:

Not at all, but surely protests are well OTT. For the right reasons, ok, I get it, but for a shit 12 months, is extremely un classy and imo, self righteous. We are shit and underachieving massively, but we just have to deal with it. 

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

COMPLETE F**K!NG JOKE OF A CLUB!!

What’s stopping you?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, limpid said:

So what are you going to do about it? Or are you describing yourself here?

I could organise one.. but it will have little following it appears as everyones still a Bruce believer it appears!

Describing myself!! .. play the game Limpid.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A bigger laughing stock than we are already becoming Ruge.. really!???

59 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not at all, but surely protests are well OTT. For the right reasons, ok, I get it, but for a shit 12 months, is extremely un classy and imo, self righteous. We are shit and underachieving massively, but we just have to deal with it. 

By accepting the same shit week after week?

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What’s stopping you?

Very constructive response.

Forget I said anything folks.. lets just accept what shit is being fed to us continuously and keep liking it. 

Not long until we are completely ****... but hey.  It's now deemed accpetable to some how shit we really have become!

Â