Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But what do people expect him to say?

"Don't worry everyone, I'll sack Bruce as soon as I line up a replacement. Keep it to yourselves, don't want him finding out"

Our owner is on Twitter. That doesn't mean we should expect him to tell us everything that's happening.

They'll either act or they won't. Either way we aren't going to find out in a tweet.

Well if he is not going to mention anything Villa related like he used to then why say anything at all.

The fans want and deserve answers from this crap we're enduring, so if not twitter, where would you suggest he enlightened the fans instead?

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

He may as well put the next set of managerial candidates in a Twitter Poll and let the fans decide. At least then if we get another shit manager we can all take the blame :D

Yeah, since he is so in with 'aim high bounce higher' and what not, atleast he will know who to go for rather than rely on a process that is outdated and clueless.

Relying on Round/Wyness to find the next suitable appointment will be like using a typewriter to send an email.

Tony, Just ask Randy what happened to his Villa when he also left the running of the club in the hands of incompetent tw@ts.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Well if he is not going to mention anything Villa related like he used to then why say anything at all.

The fans want and deserve answers from this crap we're enduring, so if not twitter, where would you suggest he enlightened the fans instead?

He did mention Villa. He said he hopes we end the month with a win.

He doesn't need to tell us anything. I'm sure we'll get answers with Bruce's sacking, and if he's not sacked then Xia will say something, probably on twitter.

My point wasn't that he shouldn't tell us anything on twitter. It was that he isn't going to tweet about the manager's future before it's decided.

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"Don't worry everyone, I'll sack Bruce as soon as I line up a replacement. Keep it to yourselves, don't want him finding out"

Our owner is on Twitter. That doesn't mean we should expect him to tell us everything that's happening.

They'll either act or they won't. Either way we aren't going to find out in a tweet.

Personally I dont care what he tweets and never have done.

But considering the situation at the club and how fans are currently feeling I think it would be better PR to just not tweet at all.  That just my opinion. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, terrytini said:

In my view there is a big difference between a proportion of fans being unhappy with the Manager and the events that led to the protests against Ellis and Lerner.

Im also unclear what exactly Round, Wyness, or Xia, have done that merits criticism ?

If we are talking about the appointment of Bruce, it wasn’t exactly a crazy choice. If we are talking about wanting him gone, it’s not exactly clear cut - not like we are bottom of the League.

I think it’s been clear for a good while Bruce’s football was poor. I think it’s been ( and arguably is still) less clear whether it would achieve the goals of the Owner and Club. Personally I think Whilst  I’ve held the view for most the season that what Bruce is doing won’t work,there’s reason enough for others to think it will.

Whilst I would welcome a change I’m not sure I see enough actual evidence of either neglect or ignorance by any of ‘the Board’  to warrant protests, nor would I welcome the Owner debating the issues via Twitter !

Really good post Terry....Echo's my sentiments too.

There are area's of the club, that unless we know for sure, its unhelpful to make rash statements on folks jobs.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I think losing to 'Boro and Bristol Titty will result in Xia wielding the axe because we will almost certainly be 5-6 points minimum away from the play-offs BUT with enough games to make up the ground. 

I think if we lose those 2 its the RATE of change that will irk the management.....its the one thing losing  the odd game we are expected to win, but when the bottom falls out of your season, it begs the question if there was ever a bottom at all.

Is it all paper mash as opposed to Steel.

That will be the question in my view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Pretty much this. I don't remember anyone on here the evening before dimatteo got sacked that were in the know. All happened pretty sharpish on the Monday morning.  Xia and Wyness have had conversations since last night, of course they have. I think Bruce will be sacked Saturday night. We won't beat Middlesbrough. 

• Like 2

@terrytini@TRO & @Johnnyp I do agree with where you are coming from and while trying to keep a lid on all the frustration it still boils over with what we have to witness on the pitch. Yes, irrational ways of suggestion may not be as warranted as you say and we must retain confidence that change could be imminent as many already see/suggest?

Middlesborough is going to be a tough one and the one that could once and for all be the last game for Bruce.

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

I think losing to 'Boro and Bristol Titty will result in Xia wielding the axe because we will almost certainly be 5-6 points minimum away from the play-offs BUT with enough games to make up the ground. 

If it all fails at Boro he may not even see the Bristol game.

A loss at Boro will see December as 2 points from a potential 18 collected.

If that does not yeild the sack I really don't know what will.

14 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

A 0-0 draw is a big possibility in the Boro game and Bristol although they are in good form are no world beaters. Scrape a win in that one and Bruce will have bought a good bit more time.

I wonder has Tony ever read Louise Taylor's famous article on Bruce from his Sunderland days.

Probably not before he hired him, hopefully has by now. Either way perhaps all the Villatalkers on twitter could post it repeatedly on his twitter page, might open his eyes a bit? I would but not on twitter.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If it all fails at Boro he may not even see the Bristol game.

A loss at Boro will see December as 2 points from a potential 18 collected.

If that does not yeild the sack I really don't know what will.

I think Tuesday jan 2 will be the day of action .

There is some nonsense being tweeted around the place right now. Some sort of Mirror article saying that some of our suppliers have not been paid and some crap about the club having to borrow money :mellow: Plenty of twerps on twitter are lapping it up and predicting the end of the world.

39 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

There is some nonsense being tweeted around the place right now. Some sort of Mirror article saying that some of our suppliers have not been paid and some crap about the club having to borrow money :mellow: Plenty of twerps on twitter are lapping it up and predicting the end of the world.

It is old news from November which XIA has already shut down.

Funny how it's coming out again now lol.

Bruces Media mates? lol

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It is old news from November which XIA has already shut down.

Funny how it's coming out again now lol.

Bruces Media mates? lol

It's very odd.

It appeared in November as you say.  Xia denied it on twitter.  It has been reproduced six weeks later, I believe identically worded, as though it's a new story.

Communication failure?  Lazy journo using copy and paste carelessly?  Failure to check the basis of the story and either take it down or else press it, with evidence?  Understated but pointed  challenge to Xia?

I think I would go for journo cockup on this one, on the basis that if they had a story, it's a goodun, and they would use it properly.  Probably just another journo dashing something off, half-read.

• Like 1

Â