Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

That looks like the office of a millionaire, not a billionaire.

BigToneOUT!

I'm more worried that he's not stroking a white cat whilst reclining in a leather chair with an evil grin on his face.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

That looks like the office of a millionaire, not a billionaire.

BigToneOUT!

Too many empty shelves for my liking, phone doesn't look connected, books neatly stacked, and what's that dodgy ship all about  - that office was rented. BigToneOUT!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont understand this requirement of the Premier League to check if he is a fit and proper person to run Aston Villa.I mean if Lerner passed it then surley a donkey could pass it ?

Lerner is a prize plum, but the fit and proper persons test isn't to assess ones stupidity. Though he may not be a very good business man, his businesses are above board.

Someone like Cellino (sp?) Or the Sha hairdresser would have been better examples of the seemingly pointless practice.

48 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont understand this requirement of the Premier League to check if he is a fit and proper person to run Aston Villa.I mean if Lerner passed it then surley a donkey could pass it ?

If he can run 10k in 45 minutes then he passes.

• Like 2

When it comes to his Harvard records being made private, or secrecy around his wealth etc, it doesn't mean he has anything to hide, it could just mean that he likes privacy. If I'd be rich, I'd certainly do anything I could to minimize any public information you could find about me or my wealth, why should they be open for public anyway?

The less info there's about you in public, the better, for anyone, doesn't matter if you are poor as **** or rich as hell.

Edited by Jarpie
  • Like 1

I just seen our Tony on CNN being interrogated by the presenter. The interviewer was a total a-hole. kept bringing up LVG and questioning his business acumen. Tony seemed nervous, but said the next coach will be appointed shortly (next few days).

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

Gota give him credit he is fronting up to various newspapers and doing TV interviews , something Lerner continually avoided

Yes Im not convinced - but fair play to coming out and doing the interviews. I wonder if he be on the pitch at the first home game ? 

I'm liking Tony Xia so far.

1) Provided proof he has the money, and has at least $435mill liquid funds (not necessarily to spend on Villa)

2) Given interviews to give Villa fans an insight into him and his thoughts

3) Ambitious

4) Seems to have a plan in place to start achieving his ambitions

5) Self-made millionaire/billionaire so some sort of brains

6) Recognises that we are sh1t and the moment, and will need a complete overhaul.

My concerns:

1) Samuelson involved

2) Does he realise quite how big a job it is

3) Will he get bored in a couple of years after we don't achieve his immediate targets  (not a worry specific to him, but to any new owner).

Â