Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

13 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Pretty sure we are all panicking about this for nothing, but phony con men have bought sports clubs in the past. http://www.espn.co.uk/nhl/story/_/id/13112769/john-spano-hustler-once-tried-buy-new-york-islanders-gets-10-years saw this a few years back on ESPN 30 for 30. 

Sounds like a cruel and evil man. In an off topic note, why doesn't the FBI just put him on permanent track?

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I don't think it's of any consequence to our reputation. If it's true, then the truth would be the damaging thing. If it's not true then it will add to the long list of stuff the media have been wrong about and only damage the paper's reputation.

A fair way of looking at it. Perhaps I wasn't thinking long enough term. Thanks for that, rather than telling me my opinion isn't valid to the debate!

Though to reiterate, I was specifically referring to the outdated Telegraph article. I have no issue, at all, with the questions that have been asked so far. I'm all for it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

Pretty sure we are all panicking about this for nothing, but phony con men have bought sports clubs in the past. http://www.espn.co.uk/nhl/story/_/id/13112769/john-spano-hustler-once-tried-buy-new-york-islanders-gets-10-years saw this a few years back on ESPN 30 for 30. 

Russell King's Notts County scam was quite ridiculous too. Sven, Sol Campbell and Kasper Schmeichel all ended up going there.

51 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

A fair way of looking at it. Perhaps I wasn't thinking long enough term. Thanks for that, rather than telling me my opinion isn't valid to the debate!

Though to reiterate, I was specifically referring to the outdated Telegraph article. I have no issue, at all, with the questions that have been asked so far. I'm all for it. 

Sorry, but is this:

'telling me my opinion isn't valid to the debate!'

supposed to be in reference to me? Because I'll be honest, I deeply resent people putting words in my mouth that I obviously never said.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Has anybody managed to get onto our Tones' Weibo account?? (Chinese Twitter equivalent).

I've been trying but it's difficult, weibo.com/xiajiantong is his page and I believe he's active on there. 

Just Googled weibo.com/xiajiantong and saw this in the search result- no idea if it was him

weibo.com/xiajiantong

这也是阿斯顿维拉青年队历史上第六次捧杯,成为该项赛事夺冠次数最多的球队,维拉的未来好样的!#UTV#

This is the Aston Villa youth team history sixth trophy, becoming the tournament to win the highest number of teams, Aston Villa future good kind ! # UTV # 1

http://tw.weibo.com/xiajiantong here we go, this is his twitter (sort of) page. It works on this link

'

Summer build system

Celebrity certification
MBeijing Dongcheng District

Side walk, side thinking. When I passed the fortunes rise and fall of the city's landscape bloom wither'

Edited by avfcwills10

1 hour ago, avfcwills10 said:

Has anybody managed to get onto our Tones' Weibo account?? (Chinese Twitter equivalent).

I've been trying but it's difficult, weibo.com/xiajiantong is his page and I believe he's active on there. 

He rarely used his Weibo account.  (maybe one post every month)

I found a quite interesting post he posted on 23rd/ March and I quote here: http://www.weibo.com/xiajiantong?refer_flag=1001030101_&is_hot=1 

鉴于各种议论和谩骂,说一下我特认同的关于理想和吹牛B的区别:牛b是说完了一切就结束了,理想是牛吹了,一切刚开始。P.S.某个天天发表评论的却私下私信骂我的家人,就此拉黑。同时对那几个故意散布了一段时间的谣言的人,希望能知道网络不是为所欲为之地!宽容和软弱更不等同!

My translation (I doubt google translation can do anything with this, because he used 'internet' language and slangs a lot).

'Regarding the discussion and invectives (on me), I wanna say something I particularly agree in terms of the difference between dream (ideality) and brag (talking big, in Chinese slang it literally means /blowing ox's vagina/): Brag means nothing will happen after blowing (the vagina), Dream (and work on it) means blowing is just a beginning. 

PS: someone who keeps posting comments every day but privately (in private messages) abuse my family, I will blacklist them. Meanwhile, I will like to warn those who intentionally spread bad rumours against me: Internet is not a place for you to do anything on your will. Don't take tolerance (from me) as the same as being weak'.

He is a quite special character I have to say.

BTW, I actually used google translation on his post and here is what it gave me:

Bovine b is finished all over, blowing over the cattle = bragging 

lol

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Just Googled weibo.com/xiajiantong and saw this in the search result- no idea if it was him

weibo.com/xiajiantong

这也是阿斯顿维拉青年队历史上第六次捧杯,成为该项赛事夺冠次数最多的球队,维拉的未来好样的!#UTV#

This is the Aston Villa youth team history sixth trophy, becoming the tournament to win the highest number of teams, Aston Villa future good kind ! # UTV # 1

Yes, that is him. It has the sign of 'V' behind his name, which means certified account (to be him).

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry, but is this:

'telling me my opinion isn't valid to the debate!'

supposed to be in reference to me? Because I'll be honest, I deeply resent people putting words in my mouth that I obviously never said.

Then your deep resentment (!) is unnecessary. My point was more a general one.  

3 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

He rarely used his Weibo account.  (maybe one post every month)

I found a quite interesting post he posted on 23rd/ March and I quote here: http://www.weibo.com/xiajiantong?refer_flag=1001030101_&is_hot=1 

鉴于各种议论和谩骂,说一下我特认同的关于理想和吹牛B的区别:牛b是说完了一切就结束了,理想是牛吹了,一切刚开始。P.S.某个天天发表评论的却私下私信骂我的家人,就此拉黑。同时对那几个故意散布了一段时间的谣言的人,希望能知道网络不是为所欲为之地!宽容和软弱更不等同!

My translation (I doubt google translation can do anything with this, because he used 'internet' language and slangs a lot).

'Regarding the discussion and invectives (on me), I wanna say something I particularly agree in terms of the difference between dream (ideality) and brag (talking big, in Chinese slang it literally means /blowing ox's vagina/): Brag means nothing will happen after blowing (the vagina), Dream (and work on it) means blowing is just a beginning. 

PS: someone who keeps posting comments every day but privately (in private messages) abuse my family, I will blacklist them. Meanwhile, I will like to warn those who intentionally spread bad rumours against me: Internet is not a place for you to do anything on your will. Don't take tolerance (from me) as the same as being weak'.

I have no idea what the first of that means.   But the second half is clear, don't spread bad rumours about him or he will come down hard on them.

Reading some things in the media (opinions, not news) and a number of people don't think this deal will get across the line due to the concerns people have, lack of funds, etc.

What happens then? Back to the other party who is rumoured to be Larry? I know we're bad but announcing two new owners in the space of a month or two would be f&@king atrocious.

Don't get me wrong, I think and hope all will become clear with the Doc' and he will become our minted new owner. Just musing about what might happen if the FL tell him no.

@Sam3773 End of the line if this fails. I don't see the second party being all that enthused in taking over after being rejected no matter how nice we were about it. If this fails we are likely in for another season with Lerner and we all know how that will end. 

• Like 1

Â