Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I think I respect him a little more that he is not so suave in his speech, he clearly is a private guy and not accustomed to speaking to the media.  Feels like he is more genuine in his words than the processed trained shit that comes out of other sports professionals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nabby said:

Gota give him credit he is fronting up to various newspapers and doing TV interviews , something Lerner continually avoided

Impressive...but just hope he keeps doing that if results go south and we struggle a bit...not go AWOL like Krulak.

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

I hope he doesn't get spooked by all the press attention! Can't one of the ' big clubs ' do something to take the attention off haha

I doubt he will. He admitted in a past interview that he was a bit surprised at how much attention it was getting him, but on the other hand the worst is beyond him. He's done his media duties with CNN. He's done his media duties with almost all the "honourable" press in the UK. Aside from maybe doing a high profile interview for Fox or CBS in the US then the vast majority of his media duties are done. He may get the odd request to talk when a manager is appointed but nothing to the extent of what he's currently doing though. 

• Like 1

just watched the cnn one. dont think its fair them firing questions at him when his grasp of the language isnt great. but fair play for him doing it in english.

on the fa test he has to pass, ive got a nasty horrible feeling he's going to me made an example of after they've let crooks slip the net before wont want a  repeat,  i feel the slighest thing will have them putting a red line through the deal. hope not. 

9 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

just watched the cnn one. dont think its fair them firing questions at him when his grasp of the language isnt great. but fair play for him doing it in english.

on the fa test he has to pass, ive got a nasty horrible feeling he's going to me made an example of after they've let crooks slip the net before wont want a  repeat,  i feel the slighest thing will have them putting a red line through the deal. hope not. 

It was stated in a past article that the FA reject 20 takeovers for every 1 takeover that succeeds. I get the feeling that if this was to fail it would have failed already.

• Like 2

Whilst I appreciate the fact that he has been questions left right and centre about himself, his wealth, his background etc... I can't help but feel a little uneasy at how he keeps mentioning how much he bought the club for, how he has money in the bank waiting to be released, bank statements and talking about how much he has to spend etc... I'm not really sure why this makes me feel uneasy. It just doesn't really seem professional to me.

I'm not having a moan, it's just a concern of mine. 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Whilst I appreciate the fact that he has been questions left right and centre about himself, his wealth, his background etc... I can't help but feel a little uneasy at how he keeps mentioning how much he bought the club for, how he has money in the bank waiting to be released, bank statements and talking about how much he has to spend etc... I'm not really sure why this makes me feel uneasy. It just doesn't really seem professional to me.

I'm not having a moan, it's just a concern of mine. 

yeah every interview i see of his in more and more unsettling. I hope he is legit. 

1 minute ago, Deisler123 said:

Really? only 1 in 21 takeovers went through? I didn't expect the check was THAT tough.

What have the FA got to do with fit and proper test? I thought it was a football/premier league check....I might be wrong.

36 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I hope he doesn't get spooked by all the press attention! Can't one of the ' big clubs ' do something to take the attention off haha

once Mourinho is announced nobody will care about Villa

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It was stated in a past article that the FA reject 20 takeovers for every 1 takeover that succeeds. I get the feeling that if this was to fail it would have failed already.

I don't know why it's in my head, but I think I read Villa had been in communication with The FA through the process in advance of the takeover announcement, making sure everything was being done correctly. 

4 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Really? only 1 in 21 takeovers went through? I didn't expect the check was THAT tough.

No, more that the authorities now only do their checks once the takeover is finalised, before they would do it as it was being hammered out, but most of the time it would never materialise. They just don;t want to waste their time and resources, but I imagine it can be fast tracked in exchange for some dosh.

Another very accusatory article published on Forbes http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2016/05/24/aston-villa-and-tony-xia-are-looking-like-ac-milan-with-mr-bee/#39e47a0265fd

Zero new information. They can do one 'n all. 

Wish this whole process could just be finished so we can get behind Dr X, his ideas, and his new manager.

Â