Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don’t have a problem with reporters scrutinising him and the companies he is involved with. In fact I welcome it. Rather they do it now than months/years down the line. At present nothing overly concerning has come out as far as I can tell.

Absolutely. 

My issue is that hack pieces like the one in the Telegraph today only serve to divide the fan base and weaken our position as a club. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:
13 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don’t have a problem with reporters scrutinising him and the companies he is involved with. In fact I welcome it. Rather they do it now than months/years down the line. At present nothing overly concerning has come out as far as I can tell.

Absolutely. 

My issue is that hack pieces like the one in the Telegraph today only serve to divide the fan base and weaken our position as a club.

Possibly mate but that is down to the person reading the articles though isn't it. There is no doubt there will be people that take everything they read in newspapers as gospel and that obviously doesn't just apply to football.

I do personally welcome intense scrutiny though and it is up to me as an individual to look deeper than the headline and decide how much substance there is in any report. As I said so far I have little concerns as far as Xia is concerned.

• Like 1

When will the Fit and Proper Persons tests be completed - so that we can put all this to bed (hopefully).   Why do the Premier League have to vet him as well -what's it got to do with them now?

Just now, Hev said:

When will the Fit and Proper Persons tests be completed - so that we can put all this to bed (hopefully).   Why do the Premier League have to vet him as well -what's it got to do with them now?

Yep I just don;t get that either, we are no longer premier league as of June I think the date was, why would they waste their time and money doing it? Sounds like another 'fact' designed to alarm the fans, and we are quite alarmable going on the last few days.

46 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree, they should scrutinize, but this article appears to be taking, what looks to me like a few trivial points (e.g. embellished about being a professor, one of many companies he is involved with providing some questionable information to get a certificate) and implying this guy is dodgy. I think we'll just have to get used to this with a Chinese owner.  They are more private in their business creating an information void that the press love to fill with negative conjecture e.g. ("Questions linger over new Chinese owner", "controversies throw fresh doubt over the mysterious businessman"). The best factual information we have is from Hollis (who has spent months interrogating this guys affairs) and the Mail who actually spoke to him face-to-face, saw evidence and found nothing at all.  We have been down this rabbit hole Friday based on press speculation , I am not doing that again, I going to back this guy (and Hollis) unless we are provided with a good reason not to. 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Hev said:

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Possibly mate but that is down to the person reading the articles though isn't it. There is no doubt there will be people that take everything they read in newspapers as gospel and that obviously doesn't just apply to football.

I do personally welcome intense scrutiny though and it is up to me as an individual to look deeper than the headline and decide how much substance there is in any report. As I said so far I have little concerns as far as Xia is concerned.

Yes, but you're a human being who is capable of rational thought Mark. Most of the time ;)

Whether it succeeds or not, the sentiment behind such articles gets on my tits. 

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Really bad news guys, Tony's been rumbled, I knew he was a wrong 'un:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36341367/china-denies-selling-human-flesh-as-tinned-corned-beef-in-zambia-in-africa

China's foreign ministry has denied reports that Chinese food companies are canning human flesh and selling it in Africa as corned beef.

LOL. www is never short of this, is it?

Anyone who has even a little knowledge of human anatomy, will know that ’human-shaped‘ meat is just an 'sculpture' from a big piece of beef. :D It is quite well photoshop'ed though. :)

Jareth -please give us a warning on this type of news to people who may have had a lot of food for breakfast - I know it is not human fresh but the pics there are quite disgusting.....

Edited by Deisler123

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yes, but you're a human being who is capable of rational thought Mark. Most of the time ;)

Whether it succeeds or not, the sentiment behind such articles gets on my tits. 

Dr X has hardly helped himself - he contradicted himself and Hollis several times already. I can see this takeover rumbling on , and collapsing about October time 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Dr X has hardly helped himself - he contradicted himself and Hollis several times already. I can see this takeover rumbling on , and collapsing about October time 

When has he contradicted himself?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

LOL. www is never short of this, is it?

Anyone who has even a little knowledge of human anatomy, will know that ’human-shaped‘ meat is just an 'sculpture' from a big piece of beef. :D It is quite well photoshop'ed though. :)

Jareth -please give us a warning on this type of news to people who may have had a lot of food for breakfast - I know it is not human fresh but the pics there are quite disgusting.....

It actually made me peckish

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hippo said:

Such a cheery soul.....

One positive I guess? Is that we had other supposedly huge contenders for the club. So if Tony all falls down (which I hope it won't and don't think it will), we will have other options. However in true Villa fashion this would probably be after the transfer window and when it's too late to do anything useful for the next season.

46 minutes ago, hippo said:

Good man. That's the spirit.

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Yep I just don;t get that either, we are no longer premier league as of June I think the date was, why would they waste their time and money doing it? Sounds like another 'fact' designed to alarm the fans, and we are quite alarmable going on the last few days.

Well if they want to conduct a review then that is to our benefit. Imagine if they discovered an issue Learner had missed?

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One positive I guess? Is that we had other supposedly huge contenders for the club. So if Tony all falls down (which I hope it won't and don't think it will), we will have other options. However in true Villa fashion this would probably be after the transfer window and when it's too late to do anything useful for the next season.

Depends. I mean I assume we turned them down, how many people are happy to be a clear second choice? Depending on the character of the person heading the takeover they could easily be like "so now you're interested in our plans?". It may not be as easy as just going back to Oracle and accepting their terms after already discarding them. 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Chin up

Regarding this 'professor' thing: bear in mind that in the US a professor is more of a job title for someone doing teaching in a university as I understand it, rather than a professional title held by someone with a chair like in the UK. Some PhDs involve doing some teaching. I assume that's where this 'professor' mix up has come from, when it's been translated from a US source, into Chinese and back into English again. 

So, I don't recall any other club buyout ever being subjected to this level of scrutiny from the press.

Why are we so deserving? Is it because finally something good is coming our way and they won't be able to ridicule us for much longer?

Words removed the lot of them!

• Like 2

Â