Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Q. We don’t much about you, can you afford the club? How much are you worth? Do you have the money to do the things you say you are going to do with this club?  Well actually we have deposited more that £100m in the account in England for now, which was one basic requirement by the football league.

I hope that steadies some nerves...

• Like 1

This latest round of press and communication from Xia has tipped me over the edge to being rather excited about this all again. It's VITAL he brings in the right people, manager etc (and with Moyes out of the running I'm a little worried that perhaps the right man isn't available) but I think his intentions are sound and so is business sense and resources - even if the 'culture clash' may make some decisions look a little odd at the beginning.

He clearly isn't comfortable in the spot light, but has shown a nice willingness to front up to cameras, explain in a calm, rational way issues at hand.

Get us a manager in Tony!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

If he has £100m in a UK bank - what is the role of Samuelson & co ?

To get more into the country when it inevitably runs out. Just an assumption given China's strict money laws. 

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I hope that steadies some nerves...

He actually says “we have deposit more than 100 million dollars cash...pound...in the account in England”.  So it could be £100m or £68m, I wasn't 100% sure but it sounded to me like he corrected himself when he said pound.

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

He actually says “we have deposit more than 100 million dollars cash...pound...in the account in England”.  So it could be £100m or £68m, I wasn't 100% sure but it sounded to me like he corrected himself when he said pound.

yeah the CNN fella was talking dollars.. must have confused him. 

Just now, hippo said:

????? 

Legitimate question wasn't it ? -

Sorry mate. fair enough. I appreciate I can be an annoyance most times!

I dunno - I honestly believe that Samuelson is a financier pure and simple - if Tony's vision is to be believed then there will be a serious amount of infrastructure projects let aone players coming and going in the near future - he will be busy.

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Could this not just be the money in a holding account for the club? Rather than any other fund.

1 hour ago, Duck said:

Is CNN's Chinese bureau staffed by work experience students? Interviewer aside, the technical quality was shocking. Barely heard a word 

It sounds like Alvin chipmunk is doing the interview.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Whilst I appreciate the fact that he has been questions left right and centre about himself, his wealth, his background etc... I can't help but feel a little uneasy at how he keeps mentioning how much he bought the club for, how he has money in the bank waiting to be released, bank statements and talking about how much he has to spend etc... I'm not really sure why this makes me feel uneasy. It just doesn't really seem professional to me.

I'm not having a moan, it's just a concern of mine. 

Remember he has been battered by the press since the announcement. I think he is trying to please or convince everybody that he is a serious and responsible owner. One interview for the Birmingham Mail or AVTV would have been sufficient enough.

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Remember he has been battered by the press since the announcement. I think he is trying to please or convince everybody that he is a serious and responsible owner. One interview for the Birmingham Mail or AVTV would have been sufficient enough.

That's given me an idea about who his first dismissal should be. Sod Paddy Riley, get rid of Jack Woodward :lol:

Â