Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

15 minutes ago, Daweii said:

@Sam3773 End of the line if this fails. I don't see the second party being all that enthused in taking over after being rejected no matter how nice we were about it. If this fails we are likely in for another season with Lerner and we all know how that will end. 

At the end of the day if there was somebody waiting in the wings incase it fell through do you honestly think they'd no longer want to buy the club because an auditor (Hollis) went with another firm? Makes no difference to them does it really. 

Doubt very much that is plausible though and due diligence itself takes months so we'd be royally ****. 

52 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Reading some things in the media (opinions, not news) and a number of people don't think this deal will get across the line due to the concerns people have, lack of funds, etc.

What happens then? Back to the other party who is rumoured to be Larry? I know we're bad but announcing two new owners in the space of a month or two would be f&@king atrocious.

Don't get me wrong, I think and hope all will become clear with the Doc' and he will become our minted new owner. Just musing about what might happen if the FL tell him no.

i think we are damned if we do and damned if we dont, it depends which is the lesser of 2 evils, ive thought long an hard about this an my feelings are that id take lerner rather than havin bodymoor heath in hock to fund transfers or debt

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

I have no idea what the first of that means.   But the second half is clear, don't spread bad rumours about him or he will come down hard on them.

The first half basically means, he is in fact someone who likes to implement hard work in orde to achieve his dream, rather than just being a talker.

Yeah, the second half is clear - we are all doomed.

2 minutes ago, spiezels said:

New telegraph article after interviewing Tony lad.

He's obviously aware of the unrest in the fans!

He's also outlined one of our biggest faults and he's not even in the door yet. He's scrapping the scouting team. I can't wait to see what he manages to do when he's in the country and starts day to day work. 

1 hour ago, spiezels said:

New telegraph article after interviewing Tony lad.

He's obviously aware of the unrest in the fans!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/24/aston-villa-new-owner-lines-up-roberto-di-matteo-and-prepares-to/

That's the article for anyone else that was wondering. 

He was more direct, however, on the subject of Villa’s head of recruitment, Paddy Riley, and his scouting team, who have been widely blamed for a dismal season which saw only three games won by the ­Premier League’s bottom club.

“I think a lot of Villa fans will agree that one thing we have to make much stronger is the scouting team,” he said.

On mobile so can't post entire thing. 

7 hours ago, Holtern8 said:

He sounds genuine in that video when he says he loves the club tbf.

You think?

He seemed on the verge of tears to me.

Either that, or just trying to remember what he wanted to say.

Definitely a bit groggy.

Be warned Tone, a night on the claret may bring on the blues.  

Quite refreshing he is doing these interviews. I like how he has strong ideas about the problems we've had and I love that he has big ambitions to replicate our European success. Been a while since we had any leadership and ambition beyond survival.  He seems quite hard-line about the scouting weakness, I wonder what his thoughts are about some of our players.  He doesn't strike me as the type who will allow players like Gabby to just stay and steal a wage. 

It was also interesting what he said about Di Matteo i.e. that his profile might be preferred in terms of raising Villa’s international profile.  Well OK, but to raise our profile he must get us promoted above all else - will Di Matteo with money and a potentially improved scouting network achieve that?  Who knows, time will tell but they don't have much time. Hopefully the process has already started and they have a few targets in mind.  Overall though a team of Xia, Wyness, Cook and Di Matteo looks pretty good to me when compared to what we've had.

Edited by Gary Thomas

17 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Quite refreshing he is doing these interviews. I like how he has strong ideas about the problems we've had and I love that he has big ambitions to replicate our European success. Been a while since we had any leadership and ambition beyond survival.  He seems quite hard-line about the scouting weakness, I wonder what his thoughts are about some of our players.  He doesn't strike me as the type who will allow players like Gabby to just stay and steal a wage. 

It was also interesting what he said about Di Matteo i.e. that his profile might be preferred in terms of raising Villa’s international profile.  Well OK, but to raise our profile he must get us promoted above all else - will Di Matteo with money and a potentially improved scouting network achieve that?  Who knows, time will tell but they don't have much time. Hopefully the process has already started and they have a few targets in mind.  Overall though a team of Xia, Wyness, Cook and Di Matteo looks pretty good to me when compared to what we've had.

Yes it is certainly a change from Lerner having an owner, well soon to be owner, speak so often. In fairness it would only take basic research to know that scouting has been an issue at the club for some time. In fact Bernstein and Little oversaw a review of what went wrong last summer and I would imagine he has been informed of those findings. Bottom line is though talk is cheap and he has to back it up and only then will we know if he is the man to at the very least get us back to being competitive in the top flight.

On the face of it a team of Xia, Cook, Wyness and Di Matteo looks decent but we have also heard that Samuelson and Banfill will be heavily involved and their reputations are questionable.

Whilst I am cautiously optimistic only time will tell on all this and the sooner this is rubber stamped and we can get on with the task of over hauling the squad the better. A massive summer coming up for us.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, roadoftrinity said:

Embarrassing that he is basically talking about sacking people to the press and managers he wants

Erm how is it embarassing stayingt the scouting team needs a complete revamp??? He is right, they absolutely failed miserably last summer 

25 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Yes it is certainly a change from Lerner having an owner, well soon to be owner, speak so often. In fairness it would only take basic research to know that scouting has been an issue at the club for some time. In fact Bernstein and Little oversaw a review of what went wrong last summer and I would imagine he has been informed of those findings. Bottom line is though talk is cheap and he has to back it up and only then will we know if he is the man to at the very least get us back to being competitive in the top flight.

On the face of it a team of Xia, Cook, Wyness and Di Matteo looks decent but we have also heard that Samuelson and Banfill will be heavily involved and their reputations are questionable.

Whilst I am cautiously optimistic only time will tell on all this and the sooner this is rubber stamped and we can get on with the task of over hauling the squad the better. A massive summer coming up for us.

Yeah, I left Samuelson out. Suppose I am hoping he is there to structure the deal but is not on the board - not in the long-term anyway. 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

The first interview he talked about his ambition - people critisized him being too ambitious and not wealthy enough to run Villa.

The second interview he talked about his wealth by showing a bank statement - people critisized him being too 'simple' and not having a detailed plan for the club

The third interview he then talked about rebuilding the scouting team - it has also been critisized as what you have said.

It is surely useful to contructively critisize, but too much is no good.

Welcome to VT - :)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Godders said:

F*** me. He literally cannot win can he?! Not one person in this forum I would suspect thinks that player recruitment last season was anything short of shambolic. Our new owner says he wants to make changes in that area and it's "embarassing"?!!

Would you rather he gave no interviews at all, or interviews that gloss over any changes he wants to make to problem areas? 

It will only be embarrassing if RDM doesn't become our manager, but I think you are right in the fact it's good he is doing interviews. Some transparency and clarity.

He is also getting used to how the football world works and our culture. In the future Wyness might say "let's not jump the gun Tone, he hasn't signed yet", unless RDM has signed and we are waiting for a few things to be rubber stamped. 

The interviews may abate when the season starts, just hope he is realistic with managers and not trigger happy.

Â