Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Basically Villa Southerner got what seemed to be rock solid info he would be signing today, even opened a new thread. Only for Tony to come out and say it's a complete no goer. It seems whoever gave Villa Southerner the info got him mixed up with Kodija, the striker we signed today. That also even lead to a flurry of people throwing money on bets for it etc.

#Pray for @joshharris12 -_-

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

We were hated by them anyway...same with Newcastle, we've probably made ourselves a bigger target for the smaller clubs, visited bristols forums over the weekend and some of the nonsense they were spouting was incredible 

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm also gutted, but I think the people who lumped hundreds of pounds on it due to the info are even moreso gutted than us. Lol

I honestly think on his day he is head and shoulders above anyone in our league, I truly think he has the potential to be a top player in the Prem

if he can fulfil his potential is a different story altogether...

• Like 2

Can one of Dr Tony's twitter followers please get on twitter and send him  a tweet asking him to delay a signing (or two or three ;)) until tonight so that us hard-done-by Villa fans can finally enjoy watching the evening coverage of Deadline Day :D

Thank you Tony. You have made it exciting to be a Villa fan again.

Excited, expectant, happy, a feeling that anything could happen with regards to the Villa. I haven't felt like this since 2009 I think and it looked like we were finally going to crack the CL spots and were in second for a while I think. All fell to shit in the end but for the first time since then I'm excited about being a Villa fan. 

Maybe it will all end in tears, maybe we'll win the Chamions League in 5 years time, I don't know what will happen but I fully intend to enjoy this.

UTV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

My Chinese supplier through work sent this to me, some or all of it you might already know but thought I'd share it anyway.

Jiantong Xia:Make money through Western thought

Hide contents

He went to university at age of 14,and he got admitted to 6 famous universities like Harvard,Yale,Cambridge as a graduate student.When he was 26,he became the youngest Design Phd in Harvard history.

He walk freely between GIS(Geographic Information System) technology and planning,landscape,architectural design Industry.He learned a lot and understand the rest by analogy.The GIS software he developed was the best GIS software in American history for public.His design work had also won international and domestic awards.

His hand,which wrote lots of programs,wrote some monographs and famous prose works as well,such as “Be a Harvard lover”.

He worked as a GRE training teacher in new Oriental school.He had been a Civil servants and he Participated in American defense department's GIS system construction.But he came back to China to break the American monopoly of GIS industry.

He is a chairman of TEAMAX group,which consists of multi-industry and high-tech.Meanwhile he is the chief designer of his company and the CEO of TEAMAX Technology Group.He is the construction consultant of several cities’ mayor.And he is only 29 years old.

July 6th,2005,Hangzhou had a rare cool weather after consistent high temperature.

TEAMAX group office buildings look like college in some ways and it might be the influence of Book city Harvard.Besides the library with a significant number of books,there are high bookcases and long and wide wooden bench setting in the best areas along the windows in office buildings.Young staffs walk through these,enjoying sunshine and reading freely.

Jiantong Xia is a busy man.He has a quick pace but he speaks slowly,which shows his maturity and elegance over his age.He writes programs by his prose-writing hand and he regards mathematical theories as rational footnotes for emotional design,which combines science,art and literature harmoniously.This young man sends out unique charm of his own because of his different identities as the CEO of GIS geography information technology Co.,Ltd,a landscape planning architect,a writer and a ”principal”.

Connect virtuality and reality by GIS

GIS became a popular industry with the development of “Digital City”,said Doctor Xia.GIS is a computer application system includes many subjects,which can gather,save,operate,analyse and process all the complicated geographical data and output the information for production and human life.Over 90% jobs around the world are related to geographic information technology.It can be widely used in city management and people’s life.

It is inevitable for Jiantong Xia became addicted to GIS by accident. He had balanced score in both science and art.However,He had to choose one of them according to Chinese education system.His undergraduate major is landscape and architecture design,which belongs to art.And Harvard professor believed that both science and art share same theory.So Xia began to study GIS under the influence of tutor while he was studying for a master degree in design.

Because of his good grades,Xia entered Havard computer center graphics and space analysis laboratory,which was the resource of world GIS industry.At that time,IT was in a dramatic increasing trend.He developed the embryonic form of XGIS geographic information system here,which was a revolutionary breakthrough in the development of GIS technology.

Over the six years in Harvard,the time Jinatong Xia spent on daily study and work was three times than ordinary people.His schedule was very full with more human culture and artistic design on the one side,and more reasonable and rigorous software development on the other side.Meanwhile,he did many GIS and design program with his tutor and wrote a lot of books in English and Chinese.”It likes the TV channel.It can be changed.”

When Xia put on his doctor hat of Harvard design,his Doctoral thesis”Object oriented design method” was awarded as “the most promising search topic in the future”by international computer and urban design association.The new XGIS geographic information system platform in his research was expected to do well by wide American venture capital company.Many companies threw Hydrangea to him,including his senior in Harvard who was the CEO of GIS technology company with an annual income of tens of billions of yuan.

“It might be the rooted hometown complex of Chinese people.It hardly for people to realize ‘Chinese complex’ when we were in China.But it became stronger when we are on abroad.”said Xia.Especially somethings happened at that time made he clean and definite his responsibility.

Between 1997 and 1998, Jiantong Xia was participated in GIS project with his tutor.However,as the only yellow race in project,he was shown the door very soon when the relationship became nervous between America and China.He was transferred to other public GIS project group with rigorous check on his letters and E-MAIL.Then there was a strong idea came to Xia.He wanted to have the independent intellectual property rights of GIS to break American monopoly of GIS industry,and to create international GIS for Chinese.

After coming back to China in 2001,Xia set up Tianxia technology Group,putting XGIS software platform into commercialization.However,GIS was edged industry back in time,besides the development of GIS large platform software needed huge input of human resources,material resources,financial resources and time.But Xia believed GIS would be the most effective tool in the digital society in the future and it also would be the important cut-point of connection between virtuality and reality.It would be a industry with true benefit for country,people and the trend of social development.

Over the years,Jiantong Xia put almost all his proceeds from other industries into fostering GIS company.”I feel like walking on a way of GIS of no return”He said with all of feelings.God awards the diligent.From last year,XGIS software had been working in different areas like city management,emergency warning,power management,landscape management,public health,water conservancy and hydropower and shipping logistics in major cities.

And two years ago,Xia tried to “let GIS walk into normal life”.Till the end of this year,a GIS service system covering major digital cities  will be fully activated.Civilians would feel the effects that IT information technology brings to normal life.

Set up a monument for Chinese modern design

Xia said his original motivation to study abroad was the backward education of Chinese designing major.But it turns out he had contrary thoughts after he went abroad.The one thing he wanted to do when he backed was “Chinese modern design”.

In 1999,Xia was invited by Hangzhou government to participated in World heritage declaring of West Lake in Hangzhou project.Subsequently,he headed host the developed city planning of Hangzhou Qiantang River crossing.The two years work for planning made him have better understanding of the designing situation in the country.

After going abroad,Xia found that the influence of broad and profound traditional Chinese culture on the stage of post-modern design waned over as time went by.Pavilions gradually disappeared.The pleasant relationship between neighbors was gone as well...All of big and small cities copied the exotics by surprising speed.The unreasonable imitation narrow the way of Chinese modern design so that a French professor said openly and scornfully in Xia class in Harvard “are there any modern designs in China?”

Nevertheless,Xia didn’t give up and he had the eagerness to joined the international class of designing.He remembered his university alumni and the father of freethking Emerson once said “there is no difference between imitating without confidence and suicide”.He believed it was only illusion to rely on others and the final answer was still on this land.The most important thing was to help Chinese restore their confidence and to relive Chinese traditional culture.

In 2000, He convinced his partner in American design company to set a branch in China.He hoped Chinese design company would be a practice base for the development of Chinese modern design culture.

Initially,Xia found that he had to confront with an interesting situation.Most of the time people came by the reputation of the company,hoping Xia could provide pure Western modern design.But Xia and his partners tried to persuaded customers:science and technology can be shared by crossing the border.But only if design rooted in native culture and “Chinese modern design”culture can have the lasting vitality.

There is no doubt that XWHO under Xia’s  leader was different from the others in the market where the wills of customers were dominant.Besides tied his best to negotiate with customers,Xia also had a speech around China usually.He published a series of books called “X Project”to spread his Chinese modern design theories to more and more city architects,policymakers even public.

Xiang mountain villa project in Beijing might be a footnote in the adventures of XWHO.It was a fine villa community at the foot of Xiang Mountain.Xia put foward a bold idea:bring the the elements of courtyard and alley in Beijing folk house and use traditional Chinese gardening methods to make Chinese modern villas in a native style.One year later,Xiang mountain villa project was completed,which amazed all media,professionals and customers.It also made people rethought of Chinese style residence and shocked the property market.

For several years,XWHO presided over many designing projects with wide influence,including Olympic park and the designing of central area and the planning of  experimental area in Hengdian Hollywood in Beijing in 2008.It contained city designing,campus designing,real estate development, landscape designing,architecture designing,tourism development ,industrial area designing and so on.It had won lots of Chinese and American international awards and it also became one of the first foreign design companies with “ Certificate ofQualification of Enterprises with Foreign Investment for Urban Planning Services”.

Cultivate more “Jiantong Xia”

Many people are strange that why Xia has to accept so many responsibilities in his age. “Life is extreme value to me.I was a twin when I was born.But I was the only one left during the process.In the other words,I grabed the chance when there was 50% for living.Then I seemed to live for both two people and I shoulder the responsibilities for two.I had no reason to be a slacker and not to find the meaning and value of my life.”

From the west to the east,then from the east to the west.Xia understanded “responsibilities”more heavily under two systems of culture value.In Tianxia group,company became a propagator of theory with more profound meaning was given by Xia.Company had an hour morning class and stuff would be a lecturer with prepared major topic in turns.It helped stuff learn when they changed into different roles to teach,speak,listen and learn.

Besides stuff in company,Xia hoped to influence more and more people. He set a training organization in Beijing. He launched the professional magazine named “life design”and he invited some world design masters and GIS professionals to give a lecture in Beijing,Nanjing,Shanghai,Hangzhou,Tianjin etc..It promoted the diffusion of international frontiers ideas and technology and the understanding of China.

Xia said his the dream he wanted to achieve mostly was to start a school which contains primary school,middle school and university.He wanted to use the teaching material edited by his own hand.He wanted to teach and test students in his way which contained his insights of education,literature,design,GIS,management and so on.He wanted to cultivate Chinese people with more comprehensive development and more sense of social responsibility.

Yeh but how much he worth?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mammoth10 said:

His hand,which wrote lots of programs,wrote some monographs and famous prose works as well,such as “Be a Harvard lover”

This was my favourite bit, he's got it all! 

He is so amazing that his body parts have achieved sentience.

Edited by meme
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

This is just a guess...... but probably not thrilled by it :-)

Uncle Keith had to take his phones off him for a couple of hours when he found out. 

Edited by wazzap24

Â