Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

@snowychap ...

Muggy word removed. 

Sorry, Dave, whilst that's a very understandable, emotional, well written diatribe about Gabby in particular (and about that kind of player in general), it's okay to hear that from a fan on a messageboard (or elsewhere) but it isn't okay to hear that in other circumstances.

It isn't fine to have someone's employer, via social media, talk about how they would convince that employer they're a real man and how, by not doing something, they necessarily haven't.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Well Tony didn't call him a muggy word removed to be fair, though he did call him out on it yes. 

He's had ample opportunity and they've clearly reached the end of the line with him. I've also heard much, much worse from managers over the years, no?

About time football started standing up for itself against the freeloaders IMO. Tony's way might not be the right way at times, but it's better than the status quo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's had ample opportunity and they've clearly reached the end of the line with him. I've also heard much, much worse from managers over the years, no?

Again. That's immaterial. It isn't about Agbonlahor or about what a manager may or may not say.

It's about making that kind of comment about an employee (from the top of the tree). It's poor form.

You may think it's 'football standing up for itself': I think that's utter crap.

12 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Sorry, Dave, whilst that's a very understandable, emotional, well written diatribe about Gabby in particular (and about that kind of player in general), it's okay to hear that from a fan on a messageboard (or elsewhere) but it isn't okay to hear that in other circumstances.

It isn't fine to have someone's employer, via social media, talk about how they would convince that employer they're a real man and how, by not doing something, they necessarily haven't.

I get why it might be seen as unprofessional by some don't get me wrong and I have no interest in trying to change your point of view, but I honestly don't get why it isn't fine? Is it because its not protecting a corporate asset? Has any employment law been broken? Doing something differently doesn't necessarily make it wrong and being honest about something is rarely a bad idea.

4 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I get why it might be seen as unprofessional by some don't get me wrong and I have no interest in trying to change your point of view, but I honestly don't get why it isn't fine? Is it because its not protecting a corporate asset? Has any employment law been broken? Doing something differently doesn't necessarily make it wrong and being honest about something is rarely a bad idea.

Are you a 'real man'? ;)

Edited by snowychap

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

No.

Next.

I am confused as to why you're "upset", is its because he said he wasn't a "real-man" (even though that could mean a number of things i.e. he wasnt true to his word and renege on a previous verbal agreement"  or is it because you deem it unprofessional? ( Much the same way gabby stated "papers like to chat aload of s**t, think of all those journalists trying to make an honest living ;))

Actually reading back your comment it's the old Chairman Xia, Iron Fist "employees must follow my exact rule" angle. As you were. I'm out...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Are you a real man?

By my own definition yeah. Also when I was about 6 I learnt this rhyme about sticks and stones. ;)
Seriously though what's the issue? Why do you think it's such poor form? Do you feel the criticism is unjustified?

51 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I've heard and seen many a manager complain about an employee when they don't pull their weight, via social media too at times. 

Do you know what happens in the real world? You get sacked for being useless and lazy in the workplace. And the contract and weekly wage are flushed down the toilet along with your employability. 

Seeing as football is so far removed from the real world of work, and lazy players like Gabby are protected in an inexplicable way, I would suggest that taking public shots at him and humiliating him, airing what he is doing whilst being our top earner, is acceptable in this business model. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I am confused as to why you're "upset"...

I'm not 'upset'. I commented on something that someone said and I thought it was poor form.

A discussion with Dave ensued.

Actually reading back your comment it's the old Chairman Xia, Iron Fist "employees must follow my exact rule" angle. As you were. I'm out...

Nothing of the sort but it's enlightening where you'd like to take the discussion.

Let's hope we're all out as your 'angle' is bollocks. :D

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I think I've explained why to @dont_do_it_doug.. He disagrees, you disagree. That's fine. I disagree with you both.

Wonderful times, we're all in disagreement. :thumb:

I'm always happy to disagree and don't think I'm hounding you but you explained what you didnt like to DDID (namely the head of the organisation using a public medium to air negative views about an employee). I was just wondering why you feel this is 'poor form', 'not ok', 'isn't fine'?

Is it because its not protecting a corporate asset? Has any employment law been broken? Do you feel the criticism is unjustified? Is it just not cricket? Do you feel Gabby deserves more respect? You feel Xia should act with more decorum?

Genuine interest, nothing else

24 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I'm always happy to disagree and don't think I'm hounding you but you explained what you didnt like to DDID (namely the head of the organisation using a public medium to air negative views about an employee). I was just wondering why you feel this is 'poor form', 'not ok', 'isn't fine'?

Is it because its not protecting a corporate asset? Has any employment law been broken? Do you feel the criticism is unjustified? Is it just not cricket? Do you feel Gabby deserves more respect? You feel Xia should act with more decorum?

Genuine interest, nothing else

Fair enough.

My criticism of the comments that he has made is that an employer should not be taking to social media/a public forum to make such derogatory comments about one of their employees..

There are many other discussions to be had about corporate policy, sense of direction with regard to future recruitment, & so on but that's not what I've criticized. I've simply said that I think the comment that he made was poor form.

Get 'upset' about that as much as you want. Run with whatever theory you may wish. I have criticized him for the comment that he made (people disagree - that's fine) and I'd have criticized Di Matteo for saying the same thing and the previous managers and owners, too.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

I'm not upset and I'm not badgering you for a response if you don't want to give one. I was just wondering (and still am) the reasoning behind your point of view is all. I know you think it's poor form, you have stated as much. Without a why though, it seems a little '5 monkeys'.

Anyway @snowychap peace and love, big hugs, hearty handshakes or whatever your own definition of a 'real man' is comfortable with ;)

Â