Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I dislike not being able to follow the VT threads during working hours... tips on how to produce as expected and follow VT at the same time anyone?

On Xia, I don't think I have fully grasped how extraordinary it is to get so much info on what's going on at the club. Even though I think he has gone too far a couple of times and some tweets have sent chills down my spine, it's just so darn interesting to get this info. It's not just the message in the short tweets, but it gives such an unusual insight in the role and the work of the owner, the relation to the players and the manager, how transfer dealings are conducted etc.

I think one thing that confuses me a bit is that the tweets on the one hand can be seen as official press releases from the club, and on the other hand as just emotional expressions from the person Tony Xia. It's a difficult equation and I guess it requires the reader to distinguish between the two roles when you read the tweets. It makes the nickname Tony two phones even more suitable though! All in all at the moment I enjoy getting so much info!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, peterms said:

I would say three things.

First, find out more about who he is and Recon are and where the money actually comes from - the story so far is unconvincing.  Depending on the answers to that, further action might or might not be needed.

Second, lobby for changes in the law to prevent football clubs being bought and sold like they were stocks and shares - they are part of the common good, their worth and value comes from what supporters have done to build up the clubs over more than a hundred years, not from some fancy spreadsheet work or whizzy deal.  Ownership must recognise, respect and reflect that; in other words, clubs are not to be traded like commodities, they are to be safeguarded and protected like in more enlightened countries that haven't sold their soul to the devil for a quick buck.

Third, prepare for that change by developing, funding and educating supporters trusts.

These are not sequential.

First, I am unsure what is to gained by the ongoing delving in to the background of  tony's Empire.....surely his funding of players to possibly improve the team is all we should be concerned with.....We have had 2 football authorities check out his credibility, and are satisfied.......is that not enough?

secondly, In over one hundred years we have rode the waves in terms of football and business ownership, we are an institution that would not be easy to eradicate for many, many reasons. Don't feel as concerned as you do, I suspect there are over 40,000 of us  that are more concerned with the team now , than our existence overall.

Third, The plans are fanciful, it is alluding to supporter buy out, which in todays world of high finance is pie in the sky.....further more ,decisions by committee or by group will not work in football ......you need one leader.

Aston Villa will always be in existence.......The only thing threatening that , is results like last Saturday.

2 hours ago, peterms said:

The twitter stuff is the least of my concerns.  The future of the club is the bigger issue.

Why would we want to be involved with someone whose speciality is secrecy jurisdictions?

And why did we have on the board a vet with some dissolved companies behind him, who was working with Harris against the Portsmouth fans?  The same Harris who worked with Yeoung and Shinawatra, helping them get control of clubs?

Why would having these people on the board be in the best interests of our club?  The view of the Portsmouth fans was that these people very much did not have the interests of the club at heart.  Are they still involved with us in any capacity at all, I wonder?

Non-ideal, as you say.  Other expressions might come to mind.

Sorry, Bristol City 3 Aston Villa 1 is the biggest threat to our future.

16 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

wouldn't it be awful if all this transparency caught on and the clubs wrestled a bit of power back from the players and their agents ;)

well, it has also limited the chinese whispers at football clubs and the ITK's are redundant.....pardon the pun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I'm getting nervous on who our new world class No9 striker could be?

It was Hernandez but the deal fell through because Hull are apparently awkward as **** to deal with right now. 

7 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It was Hernandez but the deal fell through because Hull are apparently awkward as **** to deal with right now. 

It sounds like we spent a week negotiating daft figures with hull, finally had something accepted only to have the player ask for some even dafter and we walked away

people can moan about the kodija money if they want but it sounds like we walked away from figures we weren't willing to pay Hernandez 

• Like 1

Â