Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

When someone's position is perceived as untenable at a club...the owner of said club gets involved don't they? ;)

Which came first,  untenable position or owner's comment making it untenable ?

1 hour ago, peterms said:

Well it's clearly not the only way to deal with them. If their conduct is unacceptable you can fine them or move them on.

Link

Agbonlahor has also been fined two weeks wages - totalling over £100,000 - with Villa concluding their investigation into the suspended striker's conduct,

Link

Gabby Agbonlahor is expected to remain an Aston Villa player after turning down a move to Reading this summer.

Whats your next diplomatic solution?

Oh - and wouldn't being a "man" involve standing up for yourself, rather than bending over and taking it because it suits the boss?  Just a thought.

You trying to say Postma's not a real man :suspect:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

The fine and disciplinary action you refer to was in April,  not taken by his current employers and for a situation that required action,  not see the link from that to him refusing to go to Reading

Edited by Richard

It's not massively professional no.

But it's Gabby. It's about time he was on the wrong end of someone else being unprofessional. 

I'm bored of him taking the mick out of the club and fans.

He's being hung out to dry. Good.

• Like 4

I think Ryan hit the nail on the head. With Gabby, where does it end? We still have Villa fans defending his behaviour because he posts a pic of himself topless wearing Villa shorts.  

They appear to have tried everything with him. Not just RDM etc, but the previous regime(s) also. At the surface it may seem unprofessional to call him out in public and the choice of wording was poor (though English is Tony's second language), however Gabby is a special case in my opinion. He's bleeding the club dry.

Yes we gave him the contract, we're honouring it. He's not honouring his commitment to Aston Villa Football Club. So **** him.

Whatever Tony has said, "unprofessional" or not, it's coming from a good place with us and this club in mind. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

if someone just won't agree to a move you want, then you either have to find some other use for them, or else negotiate an acceptable outcome

• Like 1

@peterms

What, like cutting the lawn? He's a footballer who is a disruptive influence in the dressing room and as a result cannot play football for us. 

No doubt we'd have paid his wages on that loan too. Or most of his wages should he move. He rejected both offers. 

We've reached an impasse, so agree or disagree Tony has decided to play it hard. 

10 minutes ago, Richard said:

The fine and disciplinary action you refer to was in April,  not taken by his current employers and for a situation that required action,  not see the link from that to him refusing to go to Reading

I would say his employers then and now were AVFC.  The change in ownership doesn't mean he has a new employer.  A new boss, yes.  But the employment relationship is with the employing organisation.

1 hour ago, jimcohen said:

because this stuff is normally kept in house as it may upset other players. Players stick together and some may think "what if Tony tweets bad stuff about me now?" 

Not that I disagree with the tweet, I love it. Gabby and all the players need to know their is a new sheriff in town!

I love the tweet, it says it as it is. It also reflects what a number of fans think. 

The world has gone PC mad, this bloke in the normal world would have been dismissed a long time ago, as not fit for purpose or up to the job. Instead he is on gardening leave, picking up 60k a week. He doesn't care who he mugs off

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

@peterms

What, like cutting the lawn? He's a footballer who is a disruptive influence in the dressing room and as a result cannot play football for us. 

No doubt we'd have paid his wages on that loan too. Or most of his wages should he move. He rejected both offers. 

We've reached an impasse, so agree or disagree Tony has decided to play it hard. 

Then deal with him, in line with the contract, employment law, and what is reasonable.  Tweeting shit isn't playing it hard, it's posturing.

1 minute ago, peterms said:

Then deal with him, in line with the contract, employment law, and what is reasonable.  Tweeting shit isn't playing it hard, it's posturing.

Football is not an everyday business. You may argue it should be, but unlike in almost every other walk of life the players hold the power. 

Posturing, sure. Whatever word works best for you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peterms said:

I would say his employers then and now were AVFC.  The change in ownership doesn't mean he has a new employer.  A new boss, yes.  But the employment relationship is with the employing organisation.

Whilst I take you point on the legal ownership of his contract my point was very much to do with the change in personalities / ownership and the fact that his fine for misconduct was in April for a separate event not really linked to a potential move to reading,  especially as those new personalities where spending time assessing a squad .  But hey ho not sure where that gets us as the substantive point on whether or not Xia should have tweeted as he did I tend to agree with you.

I also feel in the absence of transfer news and actual,  you know, football matches that debates on the topic of Xia's tweets will be common place on here so something we need to get used to.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Football is not an everyday business. You may argue it should be, but unlike in almost every other walk of life the players hold the power.

It's absolutely not an everyday business, and clubs collectively have foolishly put players in a different and daft position.

But clubs are not powerless, and neither are they absolved from either employment law, or the requirement to act reasonably as employers.  It shouldn't be beyond their wit to deal with situations, and if they fail to do so and resort to jibes on twitter, well, that's pathetic.

I also find it a little ironic,  but this is less of a point as well actually,  that we were able to prevent a player from moving clubs as it did not suit us financially but then are perfectly at liberty to criticise a player for not moving clubs as it did not suit him financially.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

I also find it a little ironic,  but this is less of a point as well actually,  that we were able to prevent a player from moving clubs as it did not suit us financially but then are perfectly at liberty to criticise a player for not moving clubs as it did not suit him financially.

I get the hypocrisy... But what does this club owe gabby? Absolutely nothing. His lack of professionalism, terrible attitude, terrible performances mean that any kind of treatment he gets is fully deserved. He's picking up his good wage and its quite clear he doesn't give a shit about us fans or the club so absolutely **** him and treat him badly as he treated us badly.

Â