Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Eamonn sounds like a right bitch. I am usually against all forms of bullying, online or otherwise. In this case though, let him have it. 

I cannot understand why people use twitter, as a marketing tool to sell your shit to the masses fair enough...but people actually use it as a form of conversation? Who are these people? I don't know any of them.

its so bad I actually taking Richards side of this argument :P

• Like 1

he is slowly winning me around though it might be more to do with him spending money than anything else, though I do like his interaction and he does feel like he wants to learn about the club and cares compared to Lerner tattoo

his twitter thing im still not that fond of :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah people are too ungrateful to be honest, regardless off the end of the era, Randy did alot for us for a few years, and I feel simply couldn't do anymore.

We are like gold digging women us lot lol

Got to disagree there. To say he couldn't do anymore is just wrong. Relegating us is certainly not the best he could have done. 

Off the field stuff, he certainly could have communicated better with fans as well. 

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

CqAVI7iWEAAvgUe.jpg

Not sure our owner should be so blatantly floating health and safety rules. Where are the stewards?  Ian Taylor was lucky to get away without a broken arm looking at that! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

he is slowly winning me around though it might be more to do with him spending money than anything else, though I do like his interaction and he does feel like he wants to learn about the club and cares compared to Lerner tattoo

his twitter thing im still not that fond of :P

I like the interaction, painful as it can sometimes be. I think it's mostly a very positive thing. But then I remember it all started nice enough with General Kr*l*k too...

Love the fact that he announces things to fans on Twitter before the media get to know.

16 hours ago, blandy said:

I think that's harsh. In the first few years Randy did do stuff. The BH thing he did more than "not cancel" it. It had stopped under Ellis. The club couldn't afford to do it. RL not only did it, he upgraded on the plans originally set. The partnership with Acorns, the Holte Suite, the Pub, the inside of the TR stand - all good things in many many regards.

What's different to me, with Dr T is that RL kind of did things that he felt would be good - like the Mosaic, as an example - he made facilities better, he made the ground and training ground better, they got the 82 squad back at the club, and reconnected with former players. Good, wholesome "feel good" things. And I thank him for it.

What Dr T is doing is more outward looking, perhaps. Making links and connections and planning globally (though RL also said stuff about breaking the US to an extent  - hence the US tours and so on).

RL (at the start) was "romantically nourishing", whereas Dr T is enthusiastically, er, expanding things, perhaps.

I agree with this. I think it is obviously easy, and totally understandable, to focus on where his ownership ultimately took us. I do think we need to remember though that he came in with the best of intentions and did some excellent stuff initially as you mentioned with Acorns, which was a fantastic gesture, Bodymoor Heath, The Holte Pub and Suite. He also pumped an absolute fortune into the club.

Where he ultimately failed is that he lacked the nous to run a football and failed to make up for his shortcomings by employing people to the senior positions above the manager who could run the club well and see it realise its potential in terms of income. He gambled everything on Champs league qualification and when it failed we never recovered.

When I was involved with the protest group I would have walked away before seeing it get vicious against Lerner because I genuinely believe he meant well.

For all our sakes I hope that Xia is a much better businessman than Lerner but does have some of his traits certainly in terms of respecting the history of the football club. Perhaps then Lerners greatest achievement could well be selling to Xia.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Â