Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

7 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Hope he means the last of a few - wonder who this no9 is??

Doesn't sound like Bamford, as I can't imagine that to be a particularly challenging deal in the greater scheme of things. Having said that, I would be surprised if we didn't have fingers in a few pies in case our no.1 target doesn't come to fruition.

We don't want a repeat of the Adebayor saga from this time last year and ending up with no striker.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Dear Tony. Supporting villa over the last few years has been unsatisfying, unrewarding, a chore, painful. Our club decayed from within and the owner, and senior club staff saw it happening, let it fester, many cancers that became and weren't dealt with. Our club had no ethos, it was us and them, fans disconnected from the club. Supporting Villa was like having a right proper munter of a wife, one to be embarrassed about because she had issues a many and looked like Susan Boyle.

Your project to restore us, in this short space of time, all seems to be heading in the right direction. You're getting a lot of things right. It's not all just down to splashing the cash to get us out of the division, you obviously have a short term, medium term and long term plan backed also by your business knowledge and expertise to establish further our infrastructure. I am impressed by this. 

You clearly are passionate and so far a man of your word. Which, is kind of scary ( in a nice way ) if your ambitions for us were to even slightly materialise. It is nice to be excited, this has been missing for so long now. I used to dread our games, our transfer dealings. The club as said , was rotten to the core. Us fans, would pay not too long ago, to see home games where we knew we would be lucky to break 30% possession, watch every away team come and play like a home team. 

Those times are over. You're signing big cheques for players that are absolutely needed, remedially. You clearly have a clue. Thanks for stepping in, restoring my faith in the club, my excitement. Way back in the day, I would nag my parents to let me phone Clubcall to hear the news of our links to players we were linked with. Many years on, I am at the point suddenly where I am regularly checking this site, the Birmingham Mail, the BBC transfer gossip page, daily to see who might be coming and who might be going, keen to see us as we remould. As said, like how a kid is excited kind of like before Christmas Day. We're all getting to open our presents early, our latest one Jedinak is just what the doctor ordered. No more Simon Dawkins. No more Yacouba Syllas. 

The transfer window will shut and we will be happy I'm sure then on with the slog. We are on board, with restored pride, passion, love and belief in the club. It's been like watching a real life Football Manager save game unfold before my eyes.

Six months ago I couldn't have envisaged this. Sometimes it's necessary to take one step back to take two forward. That one step back was the relegation and sale, the first step forward is your takeover, our pre season and this season. It's a giant first step.

I don't have Twitter etc so I guess this is an open letter on the back of a little to drink this evening so hats off. Cheers. 

Good Post, Midfielder. However, although this is not the RDM thread, I think that his name could have been included somewhere, regarding the calibre of players that we are now getting.

8 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Do people think he means it's the only one left? Or that it'll just be last?

You would reckon last, because it was in response to a specific question, what about the real no9?

Well we know he has already said they wanted an attacking mid, and striker at least? Unless the number 9 is one which could actually interchange between the roles. I think we will get at least 2 more at the very least.

1 hour ago, VillaBrum said:

Good Post, Midfielder. However, although this is not the RDM thread, I think that his name could have been included somewhere, regarding the calibre of players that we are now getting.

I totally agree about RDM and his back room staff. After work drinks and stealth sunburn made for a strange evening. I completely forgot about that post until this morning, had I have had more wits about me that long post would have been thesis-length with more thankyous than an Oscar winner's speech. I really like RDM and the direction he's taking us, Rome wasn't built in a day. RDM et al, Midfielder loves you too. 

Sober though. Thanks Tony

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pilchard said:

Wow. He really is being open about what's going on.

iIs answering a question about Lescott and if he's going for a fee.

Gary Megson thinks he should shut up.

So I have gone from being wary, (because I think it will backfire on him) to being 100% behind the Doctor.

• Like 2

Â