Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

17 minutes ago, F1STFULL said:

Dr Xia is a passionate guy, can't knock him for that. Even though Holloway might not be too far wrong :(

I think Holloways analysis is absolutely spot on.

I did find this tweet of Tonys funny in a way, and yes, he showed passion, but there is no doubt that method of communicating will blow up in his face.  No doubt whatsoever.

And really, unless he is pretty soon to unveil some very good signings, he is in danger of becoming just talk, and a few guys on a Forum liking it wont outweigh the thousands who will wonder where the action is.

8 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Say what you like about Dr T tweet but Holloway was being a t**l.  There is not reasonable pundit who would predict Villa to get relegated or finish 16th in Championship considering the teams that are in it and squad Villa has.  Yes we are all concerned that we arent getting rid of the likes of flabby but lets be realistic here.

Even 22 % of VT ers think we will get between 13th and 20th, which is about 51-58/9 points.  16th would be about 55 points.

If we signed nobody else I can't see us getting  60 points, and wouldn't be the least surprised if we got 50, which would indeed be about 16th.

• Like 1

At best his tweets show an incredible amount of naivety, a trait which sadly contributed to 6yrs of sh#t. I hope it doesn't him as long as our last custodian to realise it.  

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tony Xia, the Chinese Dave Whelan :unsure:

a timely reminder that dave whelan getting on his soap box and belittling us in the national press and the club making absolutely no response what so ever was one of the lowest points under lerner for me...

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is as much as i loved the tweet, he doenst seems to take criticism very well, and i am sure he will get alot if he doenst back RDM with players

He may be a bad loser as well. Perhaps RDM may need to succeed fairly quickly.

14 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Say what you like about Dr T tweet but Holloway was being a t**l.  There is not reasonable pundit who would predict Villa to get relegated or finish 16th in Championship considering the teams that are in it and squad Villa has.  Yes we are all concerned that we arent getting rid of the likes of flabby but lets be realistic here.

I'm still optimistic of what's ahead for the next month and season but had there been no takeover and we were at the exactly the same point regarding transfers in and out, I would be thinking 16th is pretty likely despite the few signings looking alright.

There has been a takeover though and although there has not been much change on the playing staff. The breath of fresh air the takeover has brought, the new coaching team and senior management, a couple of players which we were crying out for Will play a big part in stopping our rot. 

I've been keen to get rid of some players but many of them under performed last season, they are not just simply shit. I think at least some of those players if they are needed will lift their game.

Then I believe there will be new players in over the next month which will help freshen up and improve quality further.

Holloway has probably just looked at how we were last season, not seen much change and come to his conclusion, which is fair enough. Which is what I would be thinking if Dr Xia wasn't now here but I also think he will be wrong come May.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Facepalm-Meme-04.png

I have my views. I don't like the guy and tinkering something is fishy about the whole thing. I won't ridicule your opinions as I'm not 9 years old.

That tweet was as small time as it's gets and is something Id expect from Blues. Not us.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Are you trying to get us talking about something else other that Dr.T's tweet?  :ph34r: 

Someone said on an earlier post that Xia may already be posting on this site.

See your :ph34r:, and raise you a :ph34r:.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We had randy Lerner and Eric Black and we're relegated as one of the worst teams in the history of the league. And you regret every day that he took us over? What you enjoyed the previous regime so Much?

This makes no sense. You have just pointed out that we were relegated as one of the worst teams ever and THAT is my point! Dr Xia has come in and it's still practically the exact same ******* lining up at Sheffield Wednesday next week. I was desperately hoping that wouldn't be the case but it is. On top of that he is sending childish messages out on social media. Would Abramovich or Gill do that? No chance.

I have no faith in this guy. Not one bit. It will not end well.

Edited by One For The Road

5 minutes ago, deamie said:

What did Dr Xia actually tweet.....i've missed it and apparently it's deleted now ?

'A failed player, failed manager and now f***ed pundit. Don't bother reading at all!'

In response to Holloway saying we will either be relegated or finish 16th.

Tony is naive, it will blow up in his face, he needs PR people, we are AVFC and we are classy and do not conduct our business like this. I still don't get it. It's Tony's club, he is fighting our corner and until this window closes and we have been monumentally let down, I just don't understand the criticism.

Â