Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

What a shockingly amateurish and stupid thing to do.

Just about as daft as his line about making us as big as Real and Barca.

Who is advising this man?

I'm worried about this fella. Something doesn't feel right, he acts like a clown and we've seen no evidence of his supposed billions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dundeevilla said:

I'm worried about this fella. Something doesn't feel right, he acts like a clown and we've seen no evidence of his supposed billions.

Do you want to see a bank statement or something?

Oh..

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Lucky you don't own the club then, you'd probably appoint the bell end. 

So me thinking we will finish 16th next season automatically means that if I were to own Aston Villa, I'd appoint Holloway as manager?

• Like 1

We need more of this. Good on him, I like the fighting talk. Fed up with pundits being allowed to say whatever they want from an armchair. Every player, manager, owner etc is so full of cliches. I understand that it's about being professional but just sometimes, raw emotion and saying it how it is is vitally important too. It's all part of the game we love and we want to see that passion!!! You tell me we are finishing 16th and I would come out with a Similar answer too!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3718284/Aston-Villa-owner-Tony-Xia-calls-Ian-Holloway-failed-player-failed-manager-f-ed-pundit-prediction-finish-16th-Championship.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I personally like that quote from the Mail comment section and agree. We never pull in the same direction ffs, a big part of Leicesters success was the unwavering support of their fans, we are just a proper depressing, negative black cloud lingering around all the time. More concerned about being politically correct than showing passion and fight for the club. I hope RDM puts comments like Holloways in the dressing room to fire them up!

• Like 3

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

So me thinking we will finish 16th next season automatically means that if I were to own Aston Villa, I'd appoint Holloway as manager?

You talk the owner down, you talk the club down, you are giving nobody a chance. Why on earth do you bother following the team?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

it's still practically the exact same ******* lining up at Sheffield Wednesday next week.

Can I have Saturday night's lottery numbers too?

33 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Even 22 % of VT ers think we will get between 13th and 20th, which is about 51-58/9 points.  16th would be about 55 points.

If we signed nobody else I can't see us getting  60 points, and wouldn't be the least surprised if we got 50, which would indeed be about 16th.

I'm not an optimistic person but i really cant see us finishing below 10th no matter what Holloway says.  P.S we are all doom and gloom on VT so them polls are skewed :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3718284/Aston-Villa-owner-Tony-Xia-calls-Ian-Holloway-failed-player-failed-manager-f-ed-pundit-prediction-finish-16th-Championship.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I personally like that quote from the Mail comment section and agree. We never pull in the same direction ffs, a big part of Leicesters success was the unwavering support of their fans, we are just a proper depressing, negative black cloud lingering around all the time. More concerned about being politically correct than showing passion and fight for the club. I hope RDM puts comments like Holloways in the dressing room to fire them up!

Yeh, all us fans need to take a long, hard look at ourselves. 
This has nothing to do with Bacuna, Lescott, Richards, Gestede, Westwood, Veretout, Guzan and Gabby, it is all our fault. All we do is sell out every away match, why can't we do more?

God, I'm mad at me. 

I'm so mad, I might accidentally tweet a picture of my new KIA that I've bought on Finance.

Bloody fans.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You talk the owner down, you talk the club down, you are giving nobody a chance. Why on earth do you bother following the team?

Sorry mate.

We've signed some great players, the owners tweets are f***** brilliant and we're going to win the league.

UTV.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sorry mate.

We've signed some great players, the owners tweets are f***** brilliant and we're going to win the league.

UTV.

5 weeks till window shuts. Tony tweets when he wants. Internet valium is cheap these days.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, all us fans need to take a long, hard look at ourselves. 
This has nothing to do with Bacuna, Lescott, Richards, Gestede, Westwood, Veretout, Guzan and Gabby, it is all our fault. All we do is sell out every away match, why can't we do more?

God, I'm mad at me. 

I'm so mad, I might accidentally tweet a picture of my new KIA that I've bought on Finance.

Bloody fans.

To be fair, I think we are a little bit to blame. If I had 30,000 people stood behind me at work, waiting for me to make a mistake and then continuously boo me for the rest of my day, I really don't think I'd perform to my full potential at all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dundeevilla said:

Completely agree with this train of thought but am holding back untill the end of the window to see what we do.

Totally embarrassed to have an owner spouting there mouth like this. Firstly Gana comments now this? 

Players and owners alike may want to avoid him.

3 minutes ago, Godders said:

To be fair, I think we are a little bit to blame. If I had 30,000 people stood behind me at work, waiting for me to make a mistake and then continuously boo me for the rest of my day, I really don't think I'd perform to my full potential at all.

well then football isnt the game for them. they get paid huge salaries for doing quite little and cant take a bit of abuse

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Completely agree with this train of thought but am holding back untill the end of the window to see what we do.

Totally embarrassed to have an owner spouting there mouth like this. Firstly Gana comments now this? 

Players and owners alike may want to avoid him.

Have any of you ever taken a look at great quotables from a certain fella called Mark Cuban? Ya know, the mega rich successful Billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks?

On a serious note, is it a British thing to be so bloody boring and PC all the time, in a bloody SPORT for god sake, A SPORT! This is not the house of parliament ffs!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Have any of you ever taken a look at great quotables from a certain fella called Mark Cuban? Ya know, the mega rich successful Billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks?

are you comparing Tony Xia to Mark Cuban?

Â