Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

When Xia speaks of the academy and producing our own players, he might not mean as it currently exists, there could well be plans to improve it. And he hasn't said that we're going to be relying on it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Investment was priority, whilst it's impressive how much he's done in a month, I'm not impressed with the squad largely remaining as was.

Although we do have a similar squad as we did this time last month, I don't see how you can be unimpressed. He has publicly announced he is trying to reduce the squad numbers and bring in a few more players before the transfer window closes. 

Put it into perspective, Remi Garde still in charge while being taken over by a guy who couldn't give a damn about the club, investing minimal money and was anonymous for the whole season, or if i told you last year that a new chairman was coming in, with a former champions league winner as a manager, with the chairman investing highly in the club trying to please the fans, which would you prefer?

I really think we are in no state to be 'not impressed' by anything imo. Give it time.

Could he get into shit over this? Putting the club in a bad light.. Hes better off ignoring shit like this. As funny as it was. Could backfire. Talk is cheap Tony. Where are our new signings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KSV said:

Could he get into shit over this? Putting the club in a bad light.. Hes better off ignoring shit like this. As funny as it was. Could backfire. Talk is cheap Tony. Where are our new signings. 

Bore off and enjoy it for once! 

4 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Bore off and enjoy it for once! 

I found it hilarious but coming from our owner.. is a bit unprofessional. Would prefer we won the league by 20 points and then he talks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KSV said:

Seriously, some people are too PC, when did football become such a "gentlemans" sport ffs, some people need to switch over to golf, polo, or lacrosse! Banter, fight and passion have always and SHOULD always be a part of football!

5 minutes ago, useless said:

He should post on here.

I have a high suspicion he does.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Farlz said:

That is fantastic 

No. It really isn't.  It's ******* embarrassing. Couldn't be more small time and unprofessional if he tried.  I don't want an owner bitching people in the media. I'd rather he went off and found some proper money to invest in this disaster of a club.

• Like 4

Â