Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So the whole talk of the fans being the 12th man is all bollox. The idea of "support-ers" is bollox. The idea that a stadium full of encouragement fires up players is bollox. If your child was at a football match, made a mistake and started being booed by the whole crowd, I am guessing you would tell him to man up and have no issue with the crowd. (Please don't response with bollox like they are not children and well paid professionals because that is obvious).

It's almost as if footballers are humans too. It is almost as if positive vibes encourage people in every walk of life, from the tea lady on wards. Tea Lady makes a cup not to your taste once we gonna boo her every time she is carrying a cup?

I have no idea what the hell Lescott's tweets have to do with this.

Lescott's car tweet summed up the players attitudes towards the fans and the club as a whole.

Anyway, I can't continue this argument. 
I blame the players entirely. You blame us fans. Let's just agree to disagree. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lomaski said:

In simple terms:

A man has voiced his opinion as part of his job and in turn has been berated, insulted and sworn at by a supposed respected business man.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer, more respectable guy hey? Poor Ian.

And where was the "swearing" you speak of? lol. Just because the last "failed" was replaced by asterisks doesn't make it swearing.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

22 minutes ago, Lomaski said:

In simple terms:

A man has voiced his opinion as part of his job and in turn has been berated, insulted and sworn at by a supposed respected business man.

Just my opinion, but I don't want the owner of the club I support acting in such a disrespectful and childish manner. For me, the evidence is mounting up that Dr Xia isn't all he is being made out to be.

I agree with you, and this is probably the reason he deleted his post. He probably regrets now.

I am disappointed by the PR advisor that Xia has for the club business. He certainly needs a new assistant for that!

Having said that, I do feel him - plus we don't really know what has happened, could it be some personal reason between these two? Or was it a simply an anger-management issue, when someone told you that your new house (you like so much) is completely utterly rubbish? I don't think in any cases Xia should react like that, but from all interviews/weibo posts he had before he is certainly an 'emotional' person than a 'politician' who never says what they think. Quite an unusual behaviour from a successful businessman I would say. But I consider this as a negative sign for running a club....

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So the whole talk of the fans being the 12th man is all bollox. The idea of "support-ers" is bollox. The idea that a stadium full of encouragement fires up players is bollox. If your child was at a football match, made a mistake and started being booed by the whole crowd, I am guessing you would tell him to man up and have no issue with the crowd. (Please don't response with bollox like they are not children and well paid professionals because that is obvious).

It's almost as if footballers are humans too. It is almost as if positive vibes encourage people in every walk of life, from the tea lady on wards. Tea Lady makes a cup not to your taste once we gonna boo her every time she is carrying a cup?

I have no idea what the hell Lescott's tweets have to do with this.

I think there are some fans too pessimistic.  But I can see why someone could be.

I think you are right too, fans make a difference.  I reckon at the top level in sport they can add that 1% to see you over the line.   Not foolproof of course, else well supported teams would always win, and they don't.

But yes, I reckon if positive fans add 1%, then non-positive fans could lose us 1%.  So the fans might have cost us up to two hundredths of a point last season.

As someone on the slightly sceptical and worried side of the fence, its getting a little bit much people who don't agree all is rosy getting flack for it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Richard said:

When Alan ball played for Everton I think , he wore different coloured boots . His dad said to him, I hope you're good son. 

Xia , I hope you're good son

You are Doug Ellis aren't you? :)

Every week on the Sunderland message board (anarchy it was)  there would be a 'Merson predicts a loss' topic. There would then be about 6 pages of insults, bile, jibes and downright nasty comments. All because he expressed a very reasoned and fair opinion. These people were not capable of reasoned emotion or response, I found it staggering.

Then we have an owner comes out with shit like this.

I actually backed him only yesterday but on the basis of that tweet and everything else I've read on his twitter I am actually starting to feel a bit uneasy about him...not about his transfers but about his character and how that might affect the decisions he makes in the long run... 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2

Understand both arguments regarding The Doc's antics and the seeming lack of transfer activity. However I do know that the feel good factor is quickly being replaced with anxiety for me personally, which is worrying. Whatever happens in August will be massive for the near future of the club IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I actually backed him only yesterday but on the basis of that tweet and everything else I've read on his twitter I am actually starting to feel a bit uneasy about him...not about his transfers but about his character and how that might affect the decisions he makes in the long run... 

I've been uneasy about his tweets from the start. I'm all for him tweeting to let us know what's going on, I'd just be a lot more comfortable if his tweets were more professional and thought through.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3718284/Aston-Villa-owner-Tony-Xia-calls-Ian-Holloway-failed-player-failed-manager-f-ed-pundit-prediction-finish-16th-Championship.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I personally like that quote from the Mail comment section and agree. We never pull in the same direction ffs, a big part of Leicesters success was the unwavering support of their fans, we are just a proper depressing, negative black cloud lingering around all the time. More concerned about being politically correct than showing passion and fight for the club. I hope RDM puts comments like Holloways in the dressing room to fire them up!

Inspirational quotes from their own fans failed to fire up the players for the cup final two seasons ago. Let's hope a failed player/manager's quote works!

With the way we went dow, and having only brought in three uninspiring players, Holloway won't be the last pundit to predict a struggle for the Villa this season. 

My fear is that we start off well, get past the window closure then struggle until it opens again. 

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Every week on the Sunderland message board (anarchy it was)  there would be a 'Merson predicts a loss' topic. There would then be about 6 pages of insults, bile, jibes and downright nasty comments. All because he expressed a very reasoned and fair opinion. These people were not capable of reasoned emotion or response, I found it staggering.

Then we have an owner comes out with shit like this.

Yes but Holloways wasnt a very reasoned and fair opinion.  He was just taking a cheap dig.  Just because his beloved Blackpool went into free fall when they got relegated.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Yes but Holloways wasnt a very reasoned and fair opinion.  He was just taking a cheap dig.  Just because his beloved Blackpool went into free fall when they got relegated.

Which bit did you think was unfair ?  I thought he expressed views very similar to what many fans have been saying, and what they were all saying a few weeks ago.

"The players felt the weight of the shirt but not the importance of it" - that sums them up.

"They have to sort out the squad, the mentality, and the crowds expectations" - that sums it up too.

I would go as far as to say I would be very interested to know which part of it Tony disagrees with !

That reply was pretty much how I'd expect Donald Trump to respond, and he's about to be elected US president so it might be the right way to go about things.

But it's not how I'd like our owner to act, even if it was kinda funny at first glance.

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Which bit did you think was unfair ?  I thought he expressed views very similar to what many fans have been saying, and what they were all saying a few weeks ago.

"The players felt the weight of the shirt but not the importance of it" - that sums them up.

"They have to sort out the squad, the mentality, and the crowds expectations" - that sums it up too.

I would go as far as to say I would be very interested to know which part of it Tony disagrees with !

They're lucky I've put them this high.

That's what i would call a personal smart remark.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm genuinely gobsmacked that there are a couple of people on here blaming the Villa fans for our players performances last season.
I spent £2,000 on away tickets/travel etc. last season and saw us score 1 goal. That's all my fault is it?

30000 people can contribute alot more to a toxic athmosphere then a few on the pitch. this athmosphere will affect the players eventually when its a constant. they are still human. its not a major portion of the blame cos obviously it all comes down to the players but it does eat away at confidence

• Like 1

Â