Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't see where they're coming from and I don't see Bruce halting this slide. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

4 points from Bristol and Rotherham.

4 points from Norwich and QPR home games.

Point away at Burton

Point at Wigan.

Point at home to Reading

Point at home to SHA

Point at Blackburn

Point at home to Brighton reserves on final day.

50 points.

Even then if that's all Steve Bruce can come up with for rest of the season he has no business being here in August.

I think we'll turn the season around and won't go down, but the fact we're even having this duscussion with huge investment and one of this league's biggest managerial names is something else. I still think it's down to the team not having had enough time to gel yet. Also that coupled with the fact that we have a completely useless keeper and too many chances squandered. It'll be ugly, but we'll turn this around. I always react like a nutter after another dismal loss, but I've seen something good in all our new signings so I'm not completely at a loss for hope just yet. Let's just survive and build a **** foundation for once. That's all I want right now.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

4 points from Bristol and Rotherham.

4 points from Norwich and QPR home games.

Point away at Burton

Point at Wigan.

Point at home to Reading

Point at home to SHA

Point at Blackburn

Point at home to Brighton reserves on final day.

50 points.

Even then if that's all Steve Bruce can come up with for rest of the season he has no business being here in August.

Optimistic with alot of those IMO.

35 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

you want to keep half this squad?

Loads to go in the summer. Loads.

We can't keep changing personal. We need stability. 

We have a more expensive squad than virtualy every side above us. Spending more money won't help. 

The reason those cheaper squads are doing much better than us is because they have stability. Everyone knows their role, everyone knows each other's strengths and weaknesses, every one knows the plan and what each other is going to do over the 90 mins. 

We are a bunch of strangers playing like they've just started preseason training together. 

Starting the whole process again in the summer will be another step backwards. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

you want to keep half this squad?

Loads to go in the summer. Loads.

No way. We'll never get anywhere if we keep doing that every window. There should be a couple of changes here and there not drastic. Stability is what we need

Manager, backroom staff, DCM, Keeper, CB, LW and possibly LB.

Then we will be in a pretty good position when the next season starts.

Providing we can stay in this league that is.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

I want to see stability as much as the next man but Hutton, Bunn and Kozak all leave in the summer anyway.

Johnstone has gotta be sent back at this rate. Richards is leeching money. Cissokho should leave. I can't see a future here for Bacuna past the summer. Veretout and Gil will probably be sold, Sanchez is off I believe, Tish will be back along with GG and Lyden to compliment Jedi, Lansbury, Hourihane, Bjarnason - seems a lot of average midfielders in there for me and too many and a lack of balance.

McCormack - well who can say, Gabby - can't see him giving up his last year of paychecks myself

if up to 12 of them left it wouldn't surprise me or do us any harm.

I call for continuity mostly, but with that lot (new midfielders aside from those I've mentioned) I'm not sure what we'd want to keep or why.

Stability comes after the clearout for me, and we haven't finished yet imo.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Manager, backroom staff, DCM, Keeper, CB, LW and possibly LB.

Then we will be in a pretty good position when the next season starts.

Providing we can stay in this league that is.

Personally I think that a big part of our problem is that we have too many new players. Changing 5 more would increase our problem. I'd like to have a stable summer with possibly just a new experienced keeper being the priority and then see how we go to January.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

650.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fi

That really is not good at all.

As I've said before, I was willing to give him to the summer and then replace him.

But I don't think we can afford to.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I want to see stability as much as the next man but Hutton, Bunn and Kozak all leave in the summer anyway.

Johnstone has gotta be sent back at this rate. Richards is leeching money. Cissokho should leave. I can't see a future here for Bacuna past the summer. Veretout and Gil will probably be sold, Sanchez is off I believe, Tish will be back along with GG and Lyden to compliment Jedi, Lansbury, Hourihane, Bjarnason - seems a lot of average midfielders in there for me and too many and a lack of balance.

McCormack - well who can say, Gabby - can't see him giving up his last year of paychecks myself

if up to 12 of them left it wouldn't surprise me or do us any harm.

I call for continuity mostly, but with that lot (new midfielders aside from those I've mentioned) I'm not sure what we'd want to keep or why.

Stability comes after the clearout for me, and we haven't finished yet imo.

I think, out the ones you mention, barely any of them play. I think the stability comes from keeping the first team squad together, the ones that play, and adding to them where needed I.e goalkeeper. Letting go of the majority of those players you mention won't affect stability.

• Like 1

Â