Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

7 minutes ago, dubliner said:

you could be sure this thread would not exist.

Oh it'd exist alright.  You can be sure of that :P Warranted?  Maybe not.

• Like 1

It is a very realistic proposition. We have yet again managed to take good players from other clubs and make them look like a pile of ****.

There's every chance we won't win enough games to stay in this division. I don't know what to do with Bruce because we will only replace him with some other hopeless sod. 

It's all so utterly depressing and it's showing signs of getting even worse.

How is this even possible!!???

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

to think we entertained the idea of promotion just a over a week ago..

I think everyone sane realised the gig was up a month or so ago. It was incredibly unrealistic after Wolves, nevermind Brentford.

Anyone who thought we had a chance last week needs to be sectioned.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think everyone sane realised the gig was up a month or so ago. It was incredibly unrealistic after Wolves, nevermind Brentford.

Just supporting this team warrants that exclusive vetting these days..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

looking at fixtures and its hard to see where victories will come from. we go away to 3 top 6 challenging teams and have Reading, Norwich, Derby, Wednesday and Brighton at home plus a derby with blues

And we dont win away.

...or at home.

Especially away though.

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

How can a club spend circa £50m on three of the best strikers for this level and be second lowest scorers in the league. It's got to have something to do with the way we're set up and being coached.!

This 100%, we should be at the very very very least in the top half....and that would only be acceptable because of new players bedding in and taking time. But no no no Aston Villa FC far surpass expectations each and every time. Pratically two teams signed this season, and still no real signs of progress.. 

37 minutes ago, deeps said:

Could happen. There are 2 spots really (Rotherham are gone) could happen. Shouldn't even be talking about this given the £'s spent. 

Rotherham in my mind is the only match that we were in complete control of this season. 

Of the team that we fielded back in August there were only 2 of those players present in the line up tonight. 

Its staggering that we could be going to Rotherham in March with a different 11 to earlier in the season having spent a shed load of money and yet be severely weaker as a team.

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think anyone who thought we had a realistic chance of promotion at ANY point of the season needs to be sectioned. We were never, ever going to be getting promoted this season. Not even the slightest possibility in my view. We had an entire club to rebuild. Still do in fact.

I'm willing to bet that the play offs will be too much for us even next season. Unless its the League 1 play offs that is. This club is in serious trouble. I think we can expect a good few years out of the top flight.  We have become Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest.

Right in the mire now looking over our shoulder rather than looking up the league like we should be. Only a matter of time before Bruce acknowledges it in a post match interview (probably after we get pummelled next Monday). Great. 

Â