Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

We really should not have sold Westwood, who is going to the scapegoat if we get relegated. Imagine the irony of Westy playing Premier League next season while we're in league one....

You should start westytalk. 

You'd love it. 

• Like 1

We aren't going to get relegated. There's some real shit in this division, most of which we play again. 

I do agree that the last month or so has been pretty disappointing, and we'll doubtless finish closer to it than we would have wanted, but we won't actually go down. 

44 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We aren't going to get relegated. There's some real shit in this division, most of which we play again. 

thing is fans have said this all season and shit teams are still taking points off us. Wolves, Preston, Brentford, Forest, Ipswich are nothing special and we havent beaten them in 10 meetings this season

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

thing is fans have said this all season and shit teams are still taking points off us. Wolves, Preston, Brentford, Forest, Ipswich are nothing special and we havent beaten them in 10 meetings this season

Okay. 

I'm not going to argue back, you either think we're going to get relegated or you don't. I don't. If others do, fair enough. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Okay. 

I'm not going to argue back, you either think we're going to get relegated or you don't. I don't. If others do, fair enough. 

I dont think we be relegated but its a bit naive to think we dont have a chance of going down since we cant win games against so called crap teams

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think we be relegated but its a bit naive to think we dont have a chance of going down since we cant win games against so called crap teams

But we can win games against crap teams. We beat all the current bottom 4, for example. You're cherry picking which crap teams you talk about. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

But we can win games against crap teams. We beat all the current bottom 4, for example. You're cherry picking which crap teams you talk about. 

from teams 7th-20th we have won a pathetic 3 games and lost 8 games and drawing 8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Some real shite like Ipswich, Forest and Brentford? All of which we have lost to in consecutive weeks. We are not a good footballing side and we are playing too many new players which never works. Relegation is a possibility. 

Which players do you reckon we can retain when we drop down to L1? 

11 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Some real shite like Ipswich, Forest and Brentford? All of which we have lost to in consecutive weeks. We are not a good footballing side and we are playing too many new players which never works. Relegation is a possibility. 

We will NOT be relegated or come anywhere close to it - I think we will finish top half at worse but that is hardly acceptable considering the money spent on this squad .

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

from teams 7th-20th we have won a pathetic 3 games and lost 8 games and drawing 8

I'm not arguing that our record is great. Obviously it isn't, that's why we're in the middle of the bottom half of the table. I'm merely trying to explain why I don't think we will get relegated. For us to get relegated, we have to:

• collect one point fewer than Nottingham Forest
  • AND collect two points fewer than Wolves
  • AND collect three points fewer than QPR
  • AND collect five points fewer than Bristol City
  • AND collect six points fewer than Burton Albion
  • AND collect EITHER eight points fewer than Blackburn OR eleven points fewer than Wigan OR twenty points fewer than Rotherham

I wouldn't consider that a good bet. Is it possible? Absolutely, yes. It isn't particularly likely. 

None of this should be taken to mean that I'm saying we have a good record, or that we've done well enough this season, both of which are obviously not true. 

30 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Re first part, see above - YES it is a possibility, NO it is not likely. 

Re your question, were you asking that to me or to the board? I don't think we're going down, so I don't think we need to worry about it. However, if we do go down, I anticipate that we may well be forced into administration as I assume our finances would be a complete disaster zone, so I'm guessing we would have a fire-sale of anybody and everybody. 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Any team that loses 5 from 6 is certainly capable of losing 9 from 10. 

If we lost the next 4 I wouldn't be overly surprised. At that point the numbers posted above are completely redundant. 

The numbers aren't 'redundant', they are simply a factual statement of where we are now. 

Obviously if we don't gain any more points this season, we will go down. Nobody is disputing that. 

Probably need 4 wins to be safe - this is the second rut this season after starting with one win in 11 and now none in 7 - that's half a season wIth one win in a division where you need 20 plus wins at least to make the play offs .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Probably need 4 wins to be safe - this is the second rut this season after starting with one win in 11 and now none in 7 - that's half a season wIth one win in a division where you need 20 plus wins at least to make the play offs .

Yep if before it was the start under RDM that had killed our promotion chances then this run with Bruce has left us needing to look over our shoulders a bit. Not great is it? On paper we should be killing teams but we've not had one solid 90 mins as a team. IIRC we've had 45 mins against Brighton where we were awesome but the game had gone, 45 mins against Preston where we were great and now the first half against Ipswich. That's a game and a half, and it's nowhere near when we need it for 90 mins every week to get out of this league.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

You should start westytalk. 

You'd love it. 

Well he just played in a team that drew with Chelsea. Anyways if I started Westytalk you would just flood it it with your opinion of him day in and day out. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I do agree that the last month or so has been pretty disappointing, and we'll doubtless finish closer to it than we would have wanted, but we won't actually go down. 

Have to agree. I dont think we'll go down as there is rubbisher rubbish in this division.

BUT, it doesnt bode well that given we dont win games away, we've seemingly stopped winning games at home. If that continues, we will be snookered.

31 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Well he just played in a team that drew with Chelsea. Anyways if I started Westytalk you would just flood it it with your opinion of him day in and day out. 

Well that would be ok because it would be westytalk and not the relegation thread on villa talk. 

Â