Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well that would be ok because it would be westytalk and not the relegation thread on villa talk. 

I'll pay that but if I knew you were still trolling the AW thread I wouldn't have gone off topic here. Glad I know where to find you now. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'll pay that but if I knew you were still trolling the AW thread I wouldn't have gone off topic here. Glad I know where to find you now. 

Commenting on Ashley Westwood in the Ashley Westwood thread is trolling? From the man talking about Ashley Westwood in the Aston Villa relegation thread. 

Good one. 

I'll leave it there on this one. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Commenting on Ashley Westwood in the Ashley Westwood thread is trolling? From the man talking about Ashley Westwood in the Aston Villa relegation thread. 

Good one. 

I'll leave it there on this one. 

Well, that got a little serious..... Enjoy the replay of the Burnley match

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The numbers aren't 'redundant', they are simply a factual statement of where we are now. 

Obviously if we don't gain any more points this season, we will go down. Nobody is disputing that. 

Read again, I did say "at that point". 

If we lose the next 4 we will go down. Terrifying thought. 

**** you guys!

We are a frustrating Draw v Barnsley and an Absolute hammering at Toon away from serious trouble. With Derby the next week I fear the worst.

These chain of results simply has to stop. Draws will only have us treading water so we have to win.

New manager anybody?

Bruce Out

• Like 3

Next 3 games are tricky.

Barnsley (joint 3rd best away team in the league behind Newcastle & Brighton).
Newcastle
Derby

Then 2 'kind' fixtures

Bristol City & Rotherham.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Next 3 games are tricky.

Barnsley (joint 3rd best away team in the league behind Newcastle & Brighton).
Newcastle
Derby

Then 2 'kind' fixtures

Bristol City & Rotherham.

Should target 13 points from them but this beiNg villa will probably get 3 .

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

no disrespect but at start of season if I said I be worried about a home game vs newly promoted Barnsley I would have got a ban from this site :P

Even more so had you said we'd be 10 points behind barnsley and almost 30 behind Brighton come February :(

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 4

having to worry about a home game versus Barnsley is just something I never imagined experiencing as a villa fan. far from panic mode, but we seriously need to turn shit around and fast. not worried about relegation (yet), but I am worried about how negative we're playing, how we're not able to string simple passes together, how we're not doing the basics, how we're not playing as a team, how we're not putting in the required shift for 90min in any game, how we're not strong enough to resist panic mode when under pressure, how we're not...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eastie said:

Even more so had you said we'd be 10 points behind barnsley and almost 30 behind Brighton come February :(

To be fair to Brighton, they've been incredibly unlucky not to have been a premier league team for a good few seasons now, they have an incredible infrastructure there, their training ground is state of the art, their chairman is Brighton born and bred, when they go up they will be staying up and in the top 10 within a few years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

To be fair to Brighton, they've been incredibly unlucky not to have been a premier league team for a good few seasons now, they have an incredible infrastructure there, their training ground is state of the art, their chairman is Brighton born and bred, when they go up they will be staying up and in the top 10 within a few years.

They also have a brilliant manager. Ridiculously underrated.

If only we'd gone for him in the summer and promised him the money we've spent - you could be sure this thread would not exist.

I think that we will be in deep brown stuff if we lose the next three or take just one point. If that happens, I can see our guys go right into their shells for the relegation battles against Bristol City and Rotherham and that would leave us extremely vulnerable. For me, it is vital that we beat Barnsley tonight and get some much needed confidence back.

Â