Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

I did the scary thing and looked at the draw...... we have Newcastle Derby Norwich Fulham Reading Huddersfield and Brighton to play.....any so called winnable games (what are they these days?) are away from home. 

I honestly cant see us getting more than 5-6 points for the remainder of the season. 

The only teams who have won less games than us are the three sides in the relegation zone. 

And the one aspect of our game which was keeping us competitive, our defence, has completely gone to shite as we're shipping 2 goals a game since Johnstone has been between the sticks. 

We've had 39 shots on goal in our lasts 2 games.  We are not playing badly.  We're terribly unlucky in that our mistakes always seem to be punished by a goal.  As much as people don't want to hear it, this team are still in the process of gelling, and they're doing it while creating massive amounts of goalscoring chances.  We need to be more clinical.  Our strikers need to develop an understanding, and we need to concentrate more at the back in an attempt to limit the mistakes.  Bog knows what we can do about the keeper situation.  Bruce is not the problem though.  Removing Bruce is not the solution.  Keep the faith.  We're half way through February.  We bought a new midfield in January which is showing positive signs.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got something at Newcastle tbh.

And yes I know we need to start picking up wins if only to quell this particular discussion.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

We've had 39 shots on goal in our lasts 2 games.  We are not playing badly.  We're terribly unlucky in that our mistakes always seem to be punished by a goal.  As much as people don't want to hear it, this team are still in the process of gelling, and they're doing it while creating massive amounts of goalscoring chances.  We need to be more clinical.  Our strikers need to develop an understanding, and we need to concentrate more at the back in an attempt to limit the mistakes.  Bog knows what we can do about the keeper situation.  Bruce is not the problem though.  Removing Bruce is not the solution.  Keep the faith.  We're half way through February.  We bought a new midfield in January which is showing positive signs.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got something at Newcastle tbh.

And yes I know we need to start picking up wins if only to quell this particular discussion.

Problem is though BOF as you know being a football fan like me for many years is that once the results are negative and the defeats are coming thick and fast it's a deadly slide. Results were poor under RDM but there were a lot of draws so it wasn't defeat after defeat. This is now a bad run with losses. 

This is fast approaching a crisis if it isn't already. I don't we have the mentality for this. We certainly didn't last season and I don't see any difference 

• Like 2

Just now, KHV said:

Problem is though BOF as you know being a football fan like me for many years is that once the results are negative and the defeats are coming thick and fast it's a deadly slide. Results were poor under RDM but there were a lot of draws so it wasn't defeat after defeat. This is now a bad run with losses. 

This is fast approaching a crisis if it isn't already. I don't we have the mentality for this. We certainly didn't last season and I don't see any difference 

Yeah I realise losing is a habit the way winning is.  But I think this team (and I include the manager in that) need to keep believing in the way they're moving the football and creatint chances, and not change from the way we played the first half v Barnsley or the way we played first half against Preston NE. 

We're fragile.  That's the problem.  Conceding goals has a disproportionate effect on our style.  Not so much yesterday as only the 3rd goal really affected us, so that's 1 slight positive, and hints at an improving mentality or belief.  But we have tended to be poor at coming from behind (hat tip to your avatar).

The difference between last season and this is that we're playing better this season and we have better players.  I realise it seems silly to suggest it is 'only' the results that are lacking, but I believe they will come if we continue what we're doing.

Anyone not wary that relegation is a possibility is living in denial and Delusional.

We simply have to stop losing, drawing only helps as to keep us ticking over between wins.

AVFC has to take action before its too late

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Anyone not wary that relegation is a possibility is living in denial and Delusional.

We simply have to stop losing, drawing only helps as to keep us ticking over between wins.

AVFC has to take action before its too late

Everyone is aware it's a possibility.  However I don't believe it's likely on the balance of probabilities, but if someone does, then they should take the 50/1 still being offered by SportingBet.  I would suggest not taking action for the sake of taking action.  It needs to be the right action if it is taken, whatever that happens to be.  For me we're not at that point yet as the last 2 performances have been encouraging.

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Everyone is aware it's a possibility.  However I don't believe it's likely on the balance of probabilities, but if someone does, then they should take the 50/1 still being offered by SportingBet.  I would suggest not taking action for the sake of taking action.  It needs to be the right action if it is taken, whatever that happens to be.  For me we're not at that point yet as the last 2 performances have been encouraging.

OK I'll be more specific.

I hope DrT, Ho, Wyness, Round and Little are aware that relegation is a possibility.

Whatever they do or dont do is enough to keep us up

Â