Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

I feel lower tonight than I did on the day our relegation was confirmed.

I think it's because I had from December of that season to prepare myself for us going down.

I don't feel prepared for this complete and utter free fall coz I didn't see it coming. We are right  up shit creek without a paddle.

**** me

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

There were a few people getting arsey about the very existance of this thread back in August. I remember being called ridiculously negative just for saying that we wouldnt make the play offs!

Well, its a very realistic possibilty now that we will go down and its not this thread that is ridiculous but the promotion thread. 

The likes of Burton, Blackburn and Wigan will all fight. We know we wont. We still have to go all those teams too. Its going to be another battle against relegation for the 6th straught year. How depressing.

Not that I'm happy about it but I got attacked for mentioning the possibility of it a month ago. I wrongly thought that getting Hourihane and Lansbury in might help avoid getting sucked in though.

I wouldn't worry too much about the result tonight, it changes little but it will be important to have a replacement for Bruce lined up withtin the next 2 weeks. Hogan being out is obviously a big blow too but if we do manage to scrape a couple of wins somewhere at least some youngsters might get a chance to be blooded.

I feel lower tonight than I did on the day our relegation was confirmed.

I think it's because I had from December of that season to prepare myself for us going down.

I don't feel prepared for this complete and utter free fall coz I didn't see it coming. We are right  up shit creek without a paddle.

**** me

• Like 1

Anyone having watched the last two months, having seen our new players, having seen our injuries, having seen our discipline and still doesn't believe there's a good chance of relegation is possibly the most optimistic person in the world. 

I laughed at this being a possibility in August (but didn't think we'd be promoted/get to playoffs) but there is no doubt we're almost in an unstoppable spin towards League One. There is almost becoming an inevitability about it where the perfect storm is coming together to sink us.

Very very worried now, you can barely see where the next goal is coming from, never mind points.

10 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Tonight's the first time I genuinely feel like we could go down. We don't play very well and we're probably the unluckiest side in England, not just the division. When will it ever end?

7th of May versus Brighton. And the blissful respite of the summer. Looking forward to it already- 3 months off not watching the Villa.

Â