Relegation thread 2016/17

GingerCollins29

Sylla says it's not on. Close the thread!

Exclusive | Yacouba Sylla: “I still follow Aston Villa every weekend.”

Your old club, Aston Villa, are sinking further and further since their catastrophic year last season. Why have they disintegrated so much?

Personally, I follow Villa every weekend, because I still have colleagues who play there. I would not say that it is a club that is sinking, because it was bought not long ago, and you still have the passion of their supporters there. We all know their supporters – it is magical at Villa Park that the fans are always there for the team, even in the Championship.

I think that they will easily stay up in the Championship, and since it is a transitional season they will have had the time to rebuild to be able to hope to re-join the Premier League, because it is one of the most decorated clubs in England with Manchester United, and one that had never been relegated.

I do not think they are sinking, it is a club in transition. After that, to go from the Premier League to the Championship is quite hard, because it is a relatively difficult league – I think it is the hardest second division in Europe. They play a lot of matches, and many players who are used to the Premier League have to adapt to a style of play that is completely different.

It is hard, just ask Wolves and all the clubs who have also gone down. The Championship is no fun, it is a very hard league. I have friends who play there every weekend, and it is difficult but full of passion. Teams who go down from the Premier League will not automatically go up after the season they play in the Championship.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2017/exclusive-yacouba-sylla-i-still-follow-aston-villa-every-weekend/

• Like 4

On 25/03/2017 at 13:01, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I occasionally tweet Sylla his song and he always gives it a like. He's done ok for himself to be fair, playing at a mid table Ligue Uuuuughn side. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I need to be sent to remedial football class. 

In your defence, we have 15pts from 21 since then.  Of the previous 21 points available to that date, we managed to get 1 solitary draw :)

• Like 1

"I think that they will easily stay up in the Championship, and since it is a transitional season they will have had the time to rebuild to be able to hope to re-join the Premier League, because it is one of the most decorated clubs in England with Manchester United, and one that had never been relegated"

Well not strictly true but what a lege Sylla- he still loves the Villa!

• 2 weeks later...

Mathematically we can no longer be relegated, just for the record :D

18 points from relegation places, 11 from promotion places. I will still be happy with a result that leaves us closer to the top than the bottom, said that before season began.

No, because you could still have a discussion about how close; or otherwise; we came.  It's still a topic that can be talked about even though the outcome is no longer possible, short of points deductions :P 

I never get the fascination with wanting any threads locked.  If you don't want to talk about something then don't post in it :) 

Nah close it as a symbolic gesture, an acceptance that we're turning the corner. We've had relegation threads for so many seasons now, binning this one off could be like the metaphorical Phoenix rising from the ashes. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BOF said:

No, because you could still have a discussion about how close; or otherwise; we came.  It's still a topic that can be talked about even though the outcome is no longer possible, short of points deductions :P 

I never get the fascination with wanting any threads locked.  If you don't want to talk about something then don't post in it :) 

The reason I want this thread in the trash simply because it's a positive being locked :)

• Like 1

Â