The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We're clearly narrowing our search down, then!

Extensive negotiations involved a whole host of bidders whereas constructive negotiations are more focused on one party.  Has to be, right?! :Detect:

We’ll probably have intense negotiations next week, followed by final negotiations.  Lets all hope that isn’t followed by failed or new!!!!

Constructive suggests developing towards agreements. Extensive doesn't really suggest anything beyond talks are underway. Neither give you any idea whether a sale is days weeks or months away. And it's unlikely we will get such a statement until the sale is basically done.

Sadly I don't think the march, or any protest, has crossed their minds in making such a statement. They've just tried to keep the idea of a takeover progressing in peoples minds and keep the fan base informed.

• Like 1

People are harping on about this, for me once this is done during the Euros we'll be grand, if the new owner can save a few million here and there could be worth a nice squad player in the champo.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

...the players most definitely should show their appreciation to us the supporters as given the crap served up the support has been fantastic.

I'm not so sure, that from the players perspective it has been fantastic. I mean basically the team has been slated, individual players have been slated, there's bee gallows piss taking and so on.

Before anyone kills me, I should say that from an observers view, or from a fans view, I agree it's been good - excellent, but the players view will be different. Are Bacuna, Lescott, Gabby, and so on really thinking "yeah, they've been great, I need to thank them"? (No).

Plus, it could get a bit nasty.

At the end of the game, any player is quite at liberty to applaud all sides of the ground if they so wish, but going in and then coming back out later to specifically do a lap - nah, not for me. Unless they were going to carry something apologising.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nath182 said:

Well yeah I feel a bit better about it than I did before reading the statement. We all whinge how there is no communication from the club, maybe they're just trying to keep us updated with how it's going. Or is that too positive?

From the Aston Villa I've seen the last 5 years. I'd say it's too positive. hope it's right but nothing about this club in recent years makes me believe we'll do things right. 

manager needs appointing quickly,  not even our board are that dumb not to realise that.  So either negotiations will be concluding shortly,  or negotiations will be ending shortly.

30 minutes ago, Richard said:

manager needs appointing quickly,  not even our board are that dumb not to realise that.  So either negotiations will be concluding shortly,  or negotiations will be ending shortly.

Pearson must be hoping for the latter to get another job.... ;)

Groundhog day?

I have to say the quote that gets me excited (i.e. lots of inward investment):

"our negotiations are now with those parties that we believe will have the passion and ambition to return the Club to winning the highest honours in European football" 

This is tempered by the fact that I am certain, but can't find the quote, that Randy's arrival was greeted with similar empty rhetoric.

I also note that it refers to plural, inferring that there are several monied parties - lets hope its Ellison and Wang Jianlin

Clinging to hope.....

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Love the phrase 'many a slip twixt cup and lip' , well done sir.

How many people regularly slip more than once while performing the admittedly delicate task of drinking from a cup?

Nonsense. 

• Like 2