The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

To be clear I don't think it's a great strategy unless something is 99% likely to complete in the next couple of weeks and I have said on here a couple of times that I feel this is why B & K resigned.  

However it is probably better news than an announcement along the lines of "whilst we continue to follow lines of enquiry with potential interested parties we have appointmented Mick McCarthy to oversee pre season team building and lead us into the forthcoming season" . That would convince me nothing was likely to happen. 

You do not fancy Mick for the job then? ;) 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

How many people regularly slip more than once while performing the admittedly delicate task of drinking from a cup?

Nonsense. 

I bet that a pot you watched boiled at least once. Examining every known proverb now, are we? ;-)

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

I can understand the cynicism after the last five years of mistake after mistake, I just think on this occasion it's misplaced.

As Mark said earlier, regardless of what we believe the intentions of these statements are, we all want the same thing. No matter who is proved right in the end, we're all on the same side and will either suffer or rejoice together.

I agree 100%.  This feels different and the fact we have been relegated means the value of the club has plummeted.  Now is the right time to takeover a club the size of Aston Villa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TB said:

I bet that a pot you watched boiled at least once. Examining every known proverb now, are we? ;-)

:)I'm a known whinger about proverbs. Don't get me started on 'it's always darkest before the dawn', and I don't agree that 'a stopped clock is right twice a day' either. 

I don't think proverbs are meant to be taken that literally. I agree that the 'darkest before the dawn' proverb is wrong when compared to the physics of real world. But if we're going to be nit-picking - surely a stopped clock is right twice a day? Even measured in nano- or picoseconds that's absolutely correct.  What's your chosen time-frame? 

"A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing"... Now there's Sherwood for ya. 

But I do wonder whether any of the old English proverbs were two-liners originally, like their Norwegian counterparts - one line to state the (supposed) wisdom; the second to make the first remembered through humor / absurdity / alliteration. 

Unfortunately, nowadays in general only the first line is remembered.

e.g. 1) "No-one knows where a hare might roam"

2) " the man said, setting a snare trap in the oven"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TB said:

I don't think proverbs are meant to be taken that literally. I agree that the 'darkest before the dawn' proverb is wrong when compared to the physics of real world. But if we're going to be nit-picking - surely a stopped clock is right twice a day? Even measured in nano- or picoseconds that's absolutely correct.  What's your chosen time-frame? 

"A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing"... Now there's Sherwood for ya. 

I'm happy to expand on my idea, but I suspect it would be extremely boring for everyone else so maybe one for the boring thread!

Edited by HanoiVillan

19 hours ago, Neil said:

This is the bit that worries me most, smoke and mirrors to detract away from a new manager...still got season tickets to sell.

I'm just disappointed that I will not get to use my sniper rifle as the lap of appreciation has been canned.

Apart from risking the loss of a cherished seat.....no one has the fans arms up their backs in relation to season tickets sales.

who would buy a car that is at the back of the dealership unseen?

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we are sold, I hope our new owner has as much passion for the club as Steve Gibson does for Middlesbrough. A great example of an excellent owner. Lerner is the complete opposite.

Middlesbrough structure vs ours

An absolute disgrace

Middlesbrough 

Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 14.31.31.png

Aston Villa

Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 14.32.11.png

Whoever arrives to our club needs to restructure this whole football club top to bottom.

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 3

I pray that anyone interested in taking over our mighty club was hiding somewhere in the crowd today. If they were they will be itching to get the deal done so they can start returning this magnificent institution back to where it belongs and today will make them see and understand that the top echelons of the game is where it should be with the crowd baying them on to glory 

4 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Middlesbrough structure vs ours

An absolute disgrace

Middlesbrough 

Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 14.31.31.png

Aston Villa

Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 14.32.11.png

Whoever arrives to our club needs to restructure this whole football club top to bottom.

True, but that is surely just a partial list for effect. We have no medical team? lol