The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

At least they'll be people who will understand the massive potential the club has. Ultimately, we're not going to be asset stripped. They're going to make good business decisions to try to get a return on their investment.

Barring a Man City/Chelsea style bottomless pit of money benefactor, this is as good an ownership proposal as any. They don't profit by cutting costs and running us into the ground. Randy definitely didn't.

Like everyone else sometimes its better the devil you know- but not this time. Even if it is a consortium trying to get a quick return on a promotion then that is still better than our Randy.

All we ask is for a decent footballing and business structure and a reasonable player budget.

We don't need any more  tattoos, false declarations of unstinting support, restoring pubs or romantic nourishment.

In a ideal world it would be a local business person and or fan backed takeover but at this stage that is not that likely.

Chinese vc money?  Seems very unlikely.  Vc's like certainty. They will see a business in an area of business they know and understand and can see exactly how they can add value with their investment often intermingling their portfolio with economies of scale and cross selling 

Football clubs have no certainty. You can invest huge sums and get it so wrong (can't you Randy).   On the face of it it looks good. Buy it cheap,  invest up front,  get to the PL and it's worth a ton more

If you are a VC why gamble on an unknown quantity like a football club where you have no experience and a volatile risk of appointing the wrong manager or chief executive or spunking money on crap players when you could buy another aerospace company to add to your tried and tested aerospace portfolio with and almost guaranteed return?  Football is way to much like gambling for VCs to work 

Practically ANY takeover is good.

As I see it, we are GUARANTEED more misery if Lerner stays so even if every change is a gamble at least we COULD improve under new leadership.

I'd rather risk any change than stay as we are because of the fear of the unknown. 

Could be very good, or very bad. However i'm leaning to the optimism side. No Group wants to come here and just spunk money for nothing. If they are looking to get a return on investment surely they will be doing their best to get the product in tip top shape!!!

This is the only good news we can have because we need to get the ball rolling.

I'm happy that this group want to break even by the very least, if this is true, they must have a cohesive business and football strategy in place to make this happen. What will be interesting is whether they are going to be hands on or are they are going to be behind the scenes and employ people to run the club?

One thing that i am dead certain on is if our club is going to be Chinese owned then the name of our football ground will change.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

It's the Mirror, it's basically a mute story.

Is it the mirror so basically a mute story? :)

Edited by sidcow

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Chinese Venture Capitalists? 

No thanks.

Makes me think: Token effort to get back in the prem with a bit of a cash spent, fail, asset strip to recover any potential losses. 

OR: The Opposite of that

• Like 1