The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

2 hours ago, blandy said:

I'm not so sure, that from the players perspective it has been fantastic. I mean basically the team has been slated, individual players have been slated, there's bee gallows piss taking and so on.

Before anyone kills me, I should say that from an observers view, or from a fans view, I agree it's been good - excellent, but the players view will be different. Are Bacuna, Lescott, Gabby, and so on really thinking "yeah, they've been great, I need to thank them"? (No).

Plus, it could get a bit nasty.

At the end of the game, any player is quite at liberty to applaud all sides of the ground if they so wish, but going in and then coming back out later to specifically do a lap - nah, not for me. Unless they were going to carry something apologising.

Ha ha-  I like the sound of that, it conjured up something like them carrying Gabby on a big Egyptian style sedan thingy and feeding him grapes and kebabs and stuff, then tipping him out in front of the Holte End so we could all pelt him with (inedible) food and grot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Richard said:

manager needs appointing quickly,  not even our board are that dumb not to realise that.  So either negotiations will be concluding shortly,  or negotiations will be ending shortly.

Blimey Richard, been on the happy pills ?!!

• Like 1

So the negotiations are now after a couple of weeks "very constructive negotiations which could lead to the sale of the Club to a new Owner". So that suggests to me that any negotiations that are or are not happening might or might not lead to a new owner which is not really telling us much more than we had already gathered. "The appointment of the manager is at this time inextricably linked to the current negotiations". So that suggests to me that the club are telling us that no new manager will be appointed until negotiations are concluded one way or the other so don't expect anything to happen before then.

Our football club is in limbo at the worst possible time. I hope these negotiations unlike others mentioned in the past lead to a sale but I fear they will also come to nothing and that we will be left with a much more limited pool of managers and potential new players to choose from in a couple of months time.      

• Like 2

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I think I'm just gonna take a lay down and set my alarm for June. Something should've happened by then, shouldn't it? Hopefully? Please? :(

We'll be going into the last week of the transfer window saying "if we get a new owner soon we might have chance to make a signing..." 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

We'll be going into the last week of the transfer window saying "if we get a new owner soon we might have chance to make a signing..." 

..and a new manager? I think the transfer window will be open after the transfer window closes for loan deals for the likes of us and the other teams in our new division so there would still be the chance to make some new signings. ;)

8 minutes ago, John said:

So the negotiations are now after a couple of weeks "very constructive negotiations which could lead to the sale of the Club to a new Owner". So that suggests to me that any negotiations that are or are not happening might or might not lead to a new owner which is not really telling us much more than we had already gathered. 

Well... yeah, that's pretty obvious, isn't it? They're still negotiating so until it's been concluded one way or the other what else can they say? 

I think you're focusing on the wrong part of the statement. The fact they released an update at all suggests something positive, as does describing the negotiations as 'constructive'.

As for the managerial vacancy being 'inextricably linked', that's pretty obvious too, right? New owners that are serious in their pursuit of buying us would much prefer to hire their own man. I'd go as far as to say that not hiring a manager after all this time since Garde left is yet another positive concerning takeover talks.

I don't buy the whole season tickets sales guff and I think they'd be more focused on getting in a new manager and putting a positive spin on that, a 'new era' type thing, than lying about a potential takeover in the hope a few more season tickets are bought.

• Like 4

Just now, Ginko said:

Well... yeah, that's pretty obvious, isn't it? They're still negotiating so until it's been concluded one way or the other what else can they say? 

I think you're focusing on the wrong part of the statement. The fact they released an update at all suggests something positive, as does describing the negotiations as 'constructive'.

As for the managerial vacancy being 'inextricably linked', that's pretty obvious too, right? New owners that are serious in their pursuit of buying us would much prefer to hire their own man. I'd go as far as to say that not hiring a manager after all this time since Garde left is yet another positive concerning takeover talks.

I don't buy the whole season tickets sales guff and I think they'd be more focused on getting in a new manager and putting a positive spin on that, a 'new era' type thing, than lying about a potential takeover in the hope a few more season tickets are bought.

Well that is obviously a very positive way of looking at it and I hope you are proved right very soon. 

I can understand the cynicism after the last five years of mistake after mistake, I just think on this occasion it's misplaced.

As Mark said earlier, regardless of what we believe the intentions of these statements are, we all want the same thing. No matter who is proved right in the end, we're all on the same side and will either suffer or rejoice together.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

How many people regularly slip more than once while performing the admittedly delicate task of drinking from a cup?

Nonsense. 

I seem to manage it quite often; don't even seem to be able to finish a meal without staining whatever I'm wearing. I've taken to wearing an apron when we get a chinese now. I just eat like a pig!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

"The appointment of the manager is at this time inextricably linked to the current negotiations". So that suggests to me that the club are telling us that no new manager will be appointed until negotiations are concluded one way or the other so don't expect anything to happen before then.

Our football club is in limbo at the worst possible time. 

I think this is a positive thing. If they were at all not serious of selling or were remotely unsure of the parties looking to buy they would HAVE to get someone in. The fact that they are saying the manager will not be appointed by them but by the future owner makes me think something is far more likely to happen in a reasonably short period of time than not

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I would also like to know who were these supporter representatives they consulted with and who decided that a lap of appreciation was not appropriate.

I would think absolutely anyone they spoke to 

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think this is a positive thing. If they were at all not serious of selling or were remotely unsure of the parties looking to buy they would HAVE to get someone in. The fact that they are saying the manager will not be appointed by them but by the future owner makes me think something is far more likely to happen in a reasonably short period of time than not

I very much hope you are right because if not it would be a very negative thing for the club to be doing when so much needs to be done by a new manager so quickly. 

15 minutes ago, John said:

I very much hope you are right because if not it would be a very negative thing for the club to be doing when so much needs to be done by a new manager so quickly. 

To be clear I don't think it's a great strategy unless something is 99% likely to complete in the next couple of weeks and I have said on here a couple of times that I feel this is why B & K resigned.  

However it is probably better news than an announcement along the lines of "whilst we continue to follow lines of enquiry with potential interested parties we have appointmented Mick McCarthy to oversee pre season team building and lead us into the forthcoming season" . That would convince me nothing was likely to happen. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Is it time to guess the billionaire yet? I'm going David Thomson of Canada, 22 billion dollars, philanthropist and art lover, a sexed up version of Randy.

Is that 22 billion Canadian though? That would prob get you a large salt and vinegar kettle chips and 50g bag of baccy