The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 minute ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

As for the statement, I'd like to think that all link in with the rumours. That there is 3 parties, all who have done due diligence. They are happy to continue with negotiations and Lerner/Hollis are happy they've got enough money to buy the club. Now comes the finer details of  Lerner deciding who is best for him and hopefully the club as well as all other things involved in a sale and who wants us the most.

That's what I'd like to think, God knows if it's anywhere close to that but fingers crossed that it will happen, hopefully this month.

I hope your right mate and same for everyone else who is of the belief that a sale could be close and progressing nicely.

Bottom line is that is what we all want isn't it. Some of us are a little more wry than others but deep down we all want to believe that a much brighter future under an owner with the where with all to take us forward is getting closer. We deserve that and this great club deserves that.

• Like 2

Just now, markavfc40 said:

I hope your right mate and same for everyone else who is of the belief that a sale could be close and progressing nicely.

Bottom line is that is what we all want isn't it. Some of us are a little more wry than others but deep down we all want to believe that a much brighter future under an owner with the where with all to take us forward is getting closer. We deserve that and this great club deserves that.

Go on Mark, treat yourself !!  Just for an hour or two at least, join with us happy (but probably deluded) optimists who think something is really happening - it's a good feeling I promise you.

Only don't blame me when/if the hangover comes......................

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I cant recall you saying anything, certainly in the last two years or so, that I have disagreed with, so it comes as a surprise to me that I do on this one !

1. I think it tells us we are definitely in real and meaningful talks - I didn't know that until now.

2. I don't recall us having been here before.........when was the last time anyone at the Club properly confirmed we were even in talks with anyone ?  And certainly no-one to my knowledge has ever said "we are in constructive negotiations which could lead to the sale of the Club to a new owner"....or anything remotely like it.  All I've ever heard before was Lerners witless ramblings.

Whilst we are not there yet and there is 'many a slip twixt cup and lip' I think this is the best news we have had for 5 years...........and I doubt we will get anymore with the type of confidentiality stuff that attaches to such things.  Additionally the new Manger link he referred to must at least imply strongly that it will happen, else why wait - Hollis is not an idiot.

I am well cheered up.

take me to war with you

• Like 1

This is it @NeilS.  The players know how we feel.  I don't think it would do any good or have any benefits to put them through that.  The fans know they're the one bright light this season but they wouldn't take the players' praise sitting down, so in my view it shouldn't happen.  Everyone already knows where each party stands.

10 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I cant recall you saying anything, certainly in the last two years or so, that I have disagreed with, so it comes as a surprise to me that I do on this one !

1. I think it tells us we are definitely in real and meaningful talks - I didn't know that until now.

2. I don't recall us having been here before.........when was the last time anyone at the Club properly confirmed we were even in talks with anyone ?  And certainly no-one to my knowledge has ever said "we are in constructive negotiations which could lead to the sale of the Club to a new owner"....or anything remotely like it.  All I've ever heard before was Lerners witless ramblings.

Whilst we are not there yet and there is 'many a slip twixt cup and lip' I think this is the best news we have had for 5 years...........and I doubt we will get anymore with the type of confidentiality stuff that attaches to such things.  Additionally the new Manger link he referred to must at least imply strongly that it will happen, else why wait - Hollis is not an idiot.

I am well cheered up.

1.) We were told almost three weeks ago we were in extensive negotiations with regard to a sale of the club

2.) It was widely reported in March 2015 that we had signed a non disclosure agreement with a potential buyer.

Maybe I am just being a little too cautions to allow me to get my hopes up too much just yet. The words in isolation appear very promising I acknowledge that but taken in the context that talk has been cheap from those running the club for a number of years now then I do think we shouldn't be getting our hopes up just yet.

Like I just said though the bottom line is that we all want to see this club in the hands of an owner that can take us forward and back to the level we all think we should be. Whilst some like me remain very cautions we are all still straining at the lease for the same outcome.

Edited by markavfc40

12 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Regarding negotiations, if they were fibbing I don't think they'd release another statement much less than describe them as 'very constructive'. Sometimes I think some fans will put a bad spin on any news that comes out of the club, or that some people just like to be negative so that if it happens they can say 'I told you so'.

I dunno, seems quite a positive message to me and I like the increased communication from the club.

All communication regarding the takeover that isn't 'I've sold to a bloke with all the money in the world, tarrah' is going to be met with with derision, unfortunately. There's literally nothing else they can say that will be met with much positivity.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I have been thinking about the "Lap of appreciation" thing for a few weeks now and wondering whether there would be one or not at the Newcastle game. I think for the players it would probably be a similar experience to Cersei Lannister's Walk of shame (except for the nudity) in Game of Thrones.

tumblr_npzfr5zVNo1u5zgb7o2_1280.png

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well considering that the appointment of a new manager is 'inextricably linked' with the takeover, I would certainly hope so! :o

This is the bit that worries me most, smoke and mirrors to detract away from a new manager...still got season tickets to sell.

I'm just disappointed that I will not get to use my sniper rifle as the lap of appreciation has been canned.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

1.) We were told almost three weeks ago we were in extensive negotiations with regard to a sale of the club

2.) It was widely reported in March 2015 that we had signed a non disclosure agreement with a potential buyer.

Maybe I am just being a little too cautions to allow me to get my hopes up too much just yet. The words in isolation appear very promising I acknowledge that but taken in the context that talk has been cheap from those running the club for a number of years now then I do think we shouldn't be getting our hopes up just yet.

Like I just said though the bottom line is that we all want to see this club in the hands of an owner that can take us forward and back to the level we all think we should be. Whilst some like me remain very cautions we are all still straining at the lease for the same outcome.

1. I'm going to gamble that 'very constructive negotiations which could lead to a sale' are a step forward from 'extensive negotiations, which, after all, could have meant anything.

2. It was indeed widely reported but Fox then didn't say anything like Hollis now.

Anyway, we shall, of course, see.

Nearly three weeks ago we were told the club were in extensive negotiations regarding a sale. Now we are in constructive ones. Anyone any idea as to whether the prospect of a sale based on this is more or less likely? it sounds like they have made a statement for the sake of it to me right before the last home game of the season knowing there will be a mass supporter march pre game and apparently the threat of a pitch invasion.

Edited by markavfc40

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

and apparently the threat of a pitch invasion.

Really hope this is just rumour - really is the last thing the club needs!!  Hopefully people will be too preoccupied with balls, balloons and beer :)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I am well cheered up.

Love the phrase 'many a slip twixt cup and lip' , well done sir.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Really hope this is just rumour - really is the last thing the club needs!!  Hopefully people will be too preoccupied with balls, balloons and beer :)

You'd be amazed at the amount of people that asked us to organise a pitch invasion. Like we were going to publically organise and encourage supporters to do something totally illegal and get ourselves arrested for our troubles.

The club are fully prepared for a pitch invasion I would imagine but I expect some will try to get on.

Edited by markavfc40

14 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Nearly three weeks ago we were told the club were in extensive negotiations regarding a sale. Now we are in constructive ones. Anyone any idea as to whether the prospect of a sale based on this is more or less likely? it sounds like they have made a statement for the sake of it to me right before the last home game of the season knowing there will be a mass supporter march pre game and apparently the threat of a pitch invasion.

We're clearly narrowing our search down, then!

Extensive negotiations involved a whole host of bidders whereas constructive negotiations are more focused on one party.  Has to be, right?! :detect: 

Edited by bobzy