The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Doesn't fill me with hope. Only negotiating with those who want to get us back to the top of Europe. I'm sure that's a big **** list. I'd be happy if they just negotiated with anyone who **** cares. 

• Like 1

"There has been no shortage of parties who would like to own Aston Villa but our negotiations are now with those parties that we believe will have the passion and ambition to return the Club to winning the highest honours in European football. "

I have plenty of Football Manager experience in doing this, guys.  Don't be worryin'.  B)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nath182 said:

Sounds promising.

Does it? if anything was close to happening they wouldn't release a statement saying we're still trying and we're only going to sell to the very best. 

• Like 3

At the very least I'd rather be in very constructive negotiations than not.  Yes we're trusting that they're not pulling the wool over our eyes but when taken alongside the quotes from Bernstein and King when they left, I think things are happening.  Bernstein and particularly King had no loyalty to Lerner and no reason to lie once they had left their positions.  Quite the opposite in fact.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nath182 said:

Well yeah I feel a bit better about it than I did before reading the statement. We all whinge how there is no communication from the club, maybe they're just trying to keep us updated with how it's going. Or is that too positive?

Too positive.

They all suck.  VILLA OUT.

I am sure the timing of this has nothing to do with the protest march tomorrow

It tells us very little and the club seems no closer to a sale than it was three weeks ago when they made the original statement. Time will tell but we have been here, and apparently much closer, before now only to see nothing come from it.

I would also like to know who were these supporter representatives they consulted with and who decided that a lap of appreciation was not appropriate. The lap of appreciation is for players to thank fans and should go ahead regardless of the inevitable abuse.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nath182 said:

Well yeah I feel a bit better about it than I did before reading the statement. We all whinge how there is no communication from the club, maybe they're just trying to keep us updated with how it's going. Or is that too positive?

Agreed. I actually think that was a very good thing to do and I don't believe they would have made a statement if they did not think negotiations were going well. Its nice to see communication.

I know we have had worst **** time for years but the negativity with things likes this still shocks me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am sure the timing of this has nothing to do with the protest march tomorrow

It tells us very little and the club seems no closer to a sale than it was three weeks ago when they made the original statement. Time will tell but we have been here, and apparently much closer, before now only to see nothing come from it.

I would also like to know who were these supporter representatives they consulted with and who decided that a lap of appreciation was not appropriate. The lap of appreciation is for players to thank fans and should go ahead regardless of the inevitable abuse.

Mergers and acquisition are highly confidential. Every party will have signed a non-disclosure agreement.

The supporters meeting was mentioned at length in other threads. Most websites, forums and groups were represented (although surprisingly not VT).

4 minutes ago, mwj said:

Mergers and acquisition are highly confidential. Every party will have signed a non-disclosure agreement.

The supporters meeting was mentioned at length in other threads. Most websites, forums and groups were represented (although surprisingly not VT).

Like I said we will see. Lets hope there is something in it but we have been here before.

As for the supporters groups I would love to know the individuals who didn't think the players should do the lap of appreciation to thank fans for our support. If that was the case it doesn't represent the views of supporters I know as the players most definitely should show their appreciation to us the supporters as given the crap served up the support has been fantastic.

Edited by markavfc40

This is promising news imo.  The fact that they state that they are only in negotiations with those that want to get villa back to where we should be,  and that it references them as 'those' (indicating there are multiple parties who have strong ambitions for the club) makes feel that a takeover could actually happen this year.  

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

This is promising news imo.  The fact that they state that they are only in negotiations with those that want to get villa back to where we should be,  and that it references them as 'those' (indicating there are multiple parties who have strong ambitions for the club) makes feel that a takeover could actually happen this year.  

Well considering that the appointment of a new manager is 'inextricably linked' with the takeover, I would certainly hope so! :o

• Like 2

I am just relieved to hear that negotiations are ongoing and to receive some communication from the club.  Maybe I am being willingly naive, but the line, "our negotiations are with those parties that we believe will have the passion and ambition to return the Club to winning the highest honours in European football" was nice to read and gives me some hope.  We will see in due course but I doubt SH would be making announcements like this if he didn't expect a positive outcome.   

• Like 2

It is best to err on the side of caution when making statements, than to make bold statements. I don't think Hollis could say a lot else on the matter at this moment in time to be fair to him. If he had made a statement saying a sale was imminent, and things went bad or took longer than expected then he would be called all sorts of things on here and by fans at the ground. My personal point of view is that it is promising that negotiations are still on going and fingers crossed it will all work out for the best for the club shortly.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It was probably just the poll The Mail did.

As for the statement, I'd like to think that all link in with the rumours. That there is 3 parties, all who have done due diligence. They are happy to continue with negotiations and Lerner/Hollis are happy they've got enough money to buy the club. Now comes the finer details of  Lerner deciding who is best for him and hopefully the club as well as all other things involved in a sale and who wants us the most.

That's what I'd like to think, God knows if it's anywhere close to that but fingers crossed that it will happen, hopefully this month.

• Like 1