The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Isn't money just 'evil' full stop. I imagine if you follow it's trail, where ever it's found, you'll come across people being exploited and worse. If you were to seriously make a stand against, it you'd probably have to go and live in the wild and survive off the land.

And we'll never actually know if the Chinese government are backing Xia, because they or Xiatong will never admit to it.

• Like 1

We'll find out during the season.

If a ref makes a bad decision that costs us a game and then goes missing in the following week week we'll have confirmation.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

we can't change the world and we shouldn't busy ourselves trying.

Many said the same about #outthedoor74 etc. We have a new owner now.

The actions of people do cause change. I would go so far as to argue that only the actions of people can cause change, and we absolutely should try. 

85da48664320d721ed15e5ce2b680eda.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Danwichmann said:

Many said the same about #outthedoor74 etc. We have a new owner now.

The actions of people do cause change. I would go so far as to argue that only the actions of people can cause change, and we absolutely should try. 

85da48664320d721ed15e5ce2b680eda.jpg

I don't doubt the sentiment of your claim.....and I agree with your profound comments.

My point is we are a football team....lets stick to pragmatics of that.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, useless said:

Isn't money just 'evil' full stop. I imagine if you follow it's trail, where ever it's found, you'll come across people being exploited and worse. If you were to seriously make a stand against, it you'd probably have to go and live in the wild and survive off the land.

Money is just a way of keeping score. The game is called capitalism and by its very nature will lead humans to exploit other humans. Capitalism doesn't have to be evil of itself; humans are quite happy to bring that to the game.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Money I was always told, is just a future claim on goods and services. In of itself it has no value.

You won't mind giving me all of yours then ;-)

I go away for a few hours and come back to a load of stoned and pissed geezers philosophising about the perceived evil of money, the pros and cons of capitalism and mafia style hits on referees next season. Where are all the miserable old gits moaning about the state of the club's half time pies?!  #wewantoutVTback 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

BBC running article that it's compeleted. Says Xia Chairman, Samuelson vice chairman and Wyness CEO. Click here

Chinese businessman Dr Tony Xia has completed his £76m takeover of Championship club Aston Villa.

The 39-year-old has passed the Premier League and Football League's fit and proper person test and will become the new chairman of the West Midlands side.

Dr Xia succeeds American Randy Lerner, who bought Villa for £62.6m in 2006.

Villa were relegated from the Premier League for the first time last season, finishing bottom, and have since named Italian Roberto di Matteo as manager.

Dr Xia spent six years at Harvard and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, including five months at Oxford University, before returning to China.

He made his fortune as the owner of Recon Group, a holding company that has the controlling interest in five publicly listed companies on the Hong Kong and Chinese stock exchanges, employing 35,000 people in 75 countries.

His takeover comprises a £52m purchase price and a £24m overdraft. In addition, he will contribute £60m in operating costs.

Dr Xia met the Football League's Shaun Harvey in London on Monday for formal confirmation he had passed the owners' and directors' test, after the Premier League had been satisfied in its investigations. 

The new Villa vice-chairman is Chris Samuelson, an international financier who has been involved in a failed proposed takeover at fellow Championship club Reading and also an attempted financial injection into Premier League Everton more than a decade ago.

The new chief executive is Keith Wyness, who filled the same role at Scottish Premiership club Aberdeen, then Everton.

Samuelson was instrumental in getting Dr Xia interested in the Villa project and introduced the new owner to Wyness.

Dr Xia is expected to inject about £30m into the transfer fund available to former Chelsea boss Di Matteo as he rebuilds a first-team squad that won only three league games last season.

• Like 2

Samuelson was instrumental in getting Dr Xia interested in the Villa project and introduced the new owner to Wyness.

Very interesting bit. Whom we thought was the villain, the dark man, turned out to be the man behind the takeover after all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Finally the nightmare of randolph lerner is over. Now welcome Dr X to the club, big rebuild ahead but feeling confident we can have  a successful campaign and take us back to where we belong. 

Ive heard Randy is retaining some villa shares....:D