The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

So do we think that a new owner, new manager, new coaches can bring a new mentality to this football club.

First signing now needs to be a new captain, someone who's actually capable of fulfilling the role on and off the pitch 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

There are actually 2 typos. Here's the one from the 2nd sentence.

Dr Xia has been informed he passed the owners and directors test and following the competition of paperwork today is now the Club's new Owner and Chairman.

I'm questioning the options for redundancies here. The people we need have been sacked yet the deluded, illiterate media team are still here. Hurry up, Xia, we want more sackings!

Back on topic, I'm sort of sad to see Hollis go. The takeover, without him, would have either gone to an equally-deluded American or not have happened at all. Things sped up ten fold after his financial prowess came to the club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hi Tony :D 

In a bit of seriousness, it would be amazing if Mr Xia himself actually joined VillaTalk. Not such a deluded idea either, considering his love of Weibo and social media in general. As long as he kept it under wraps, it would probably be at least one of the first cases of an owner fully interacting with fans of the club.

• Like 1

Just now, meme said:

In a bit of seriousness, it would be amazing if Mr Xia himself actually joined VillaTalk. Not such a deluded idea either, considering his love of Weibo and social media in general. As long as he kept it under wraps, it would probably be at least one of the first cases of an owner fully interacting with fans of the club.

I think we all know how that ended up when Krulak joined VT...

• Like 1

Just now, JPAngel said:

I think we all know how that ended up when Krulak joined VT...

Krulak is 74, though. Xia is 39 and probably a lot more used to social media :P. Besides, as long as Xia didn't reveal it was him, it would be a bright idea.

We're cracking on to you, @Deisler123!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, meme said:

I hope not, too much negativity on here for that - we want (need) him to fall in love with the club :ph34r:

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

I hope not, too much negativity on here for that - we want (need) him to fall in love with the club :ph34r:

I'm sure he recognises the most passionate fans (or maybe British people as a whole) always have something to moan about... :detect:

Just now, hippo said:

When do we lock the thread ?

It's still possible to talk about the takeover after it has happened.  The thread will fall away as interest fades.  The desire to lock threads always fascinates me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOF said:

It's still possible to talk about the takeover after it has happened.  The thread will fall away as interest fades.  The desire to lock threads always fascinates me.

I was only kiddin ! 

In anycase someone else might buy us before the season starts.....Ive heard theres this rich aussie gezzeer.........zzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1