The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

12 hours ago, terrytini said:

...'secondary school' moralising...

Edit.

You may have your point of view about things and they are obviously different from those people in this thread whom you are accusing of this 'secondary school' moralizing but ridiculing other people's genuinely held opinions in such a way is piss poor.

12 hours ago, terrytini said:

as long as the breaking of the rules is done in a carefully considered and risk assessed way, I'm not even too worried about that either

And therein lies the problem (for me), I'm afraid.

Write off people's issue(s) with this kind of stance as 'secondary school' moralizing if you wish but that says more about where you stand than where they do or how they put forward their stance.

Edited by snowychap

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Beeb article:

...a holding company that has the controlling interest in five publicly listed companies on the Hong Kong and Chinese stock exchanges...

Did they cut and paste that from the original press release? :)

Edited by snowychap

17 minutes ago, useless said:

According to BBC WM Twitter, the club have denied that the takeover has been completed.

So Dr X has denied that Dr X has completed the takeover, even after Dr X used social media yesterday to announce that Dr X had completed the takeover.

Complex guy, our Tone!

11 hours ago, useless said:

Money I was always told, is just a future claim on goods and services. In of itself it has no value.

You shouldn't believe everything you're told. Including this.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Comments such as these are incredibly pathetic.

You may have your point of view about things and they are obviously different from those people in this thread whom you are accusing of this 'secondary school' moralizing but ridiculing other people's genuinely held opinions in such a way is piss poor.

And therein lies the problem (for me), I'm afraid.

Write off people's issue(s) with this kind of stance as 'secondary school' moralizing if you wish but that says more about where you stand than where they do or how they put forward their stance.

Not really.

There has been some ridiculously hyperbolic statements made in this thread that deserve to be put down. 

Just now, mwj said:

There has been some ridiculously hyperbolic statements made in this thread that deserve to be put down. 

Would you mind going through and quoting them - just so that we know whose opinions deserve to be 'put down'?

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Would you mind going through and quoting them - just so that we know whose opinions deserve to be 'put down'?

I am sure one of them is mine.. I'm always chatting all sorts of shit.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, limpid said:

You shouldn't believe everything you're told. Including this.

I believe it because it's true, unless your someone who collects money for it's stylistic quality. And I don't believe everything that I'm told, including what you say.

13 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Well in the last few pages we've covered money laundering, slavery and dictatorships so that's a start. Godwin's Law in effect

Would like to think we've been talking to a few new signings and are just waiting for official confirmation before announcing them, would be quite cool to announce 2-3 new signings on one day.

Think Man. City did that one summer under Sven when they had a takeover (not the Sheikh)

10 minutes ago, mwj said:

Well in the last few pages we've covered money laundering, slavery and dictatorships so that's a start. Godwin's Law in effect

As you have declined to quote the posts containing the opinions that need to be 'put down', let's just take the one of them, slavery.

The only person to mention slavery in the last couple of pages is Danwichmann when commenting upon the kafala system (I had no idea what that is until looking it up after he mentioned it) and when talking about people in Nepal:

16 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

I have no doubt what so ever that the working conditions are a huge violation of human rights for these unskilled labourers, and the kafala system is nothing short of modern day slavery for many workers.

15 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

there are about a quarter of a million people in slavery in Nepal itself

So there are two of the 'ridiculously hyperbolic' statements that need to be put down, is that correct?

Edited by snowychap

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

As you have declined to quote the posts containing the opinions that need to be 'put down', let's just take the one of them, slavery.

The only person to mention slavery in the last couple of pages is Danwichmann when commenting upon the kafala system (I had no idea what that is until looking it up after he mentioned it) and when talking about people in Nepal:

So there are two of the 'ridiculously hyperbolic' statements that need to be put down, is that correct?

It was more the fact that a thread about a football club takeover ends up about slavery via Qatar and China, but sure... what about the other two I mentioned or are you happy only picking what's convenient?