Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Why is black getting so much flack?

Because the candidates as you put them who deserve the flack are the one's he picks for our first team week in week out

Well to start with, it rhymes...

Please no Black next season in any role, his 'caretaker' spell has proved his utter incompetence.

Edited by Harry

Black struggling has no bearing on his coaching abilities, about which we know nothing, but was OK for Bruce, and Garde, and if Pearson was happy with it, Pearson.

Whilst I've seen nothing to like it does seem to me some fans can't wait to assume the worst on little evidence.

I'll have a guess he may know how to coach. What would matter is the chemistry between them, and the other coaches appointed. It's premature and a little uninformed to write him off already.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Please no Black next season in any role, his 'caretaker' spell has proved his utter incompetence.

I have also had to change my signature :(

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

End of the day we still have a few weeks advantage over Norwich and Newcastle/Sunderland plus about 8 teams in championship, we should really be making it count.

Weeks? Relegation has been a certainty for months and we haven't "made it count"

That would have required a few things all sadly lacking from our club, namely: foresight, planning, effort, leadership and ability.

I think Black's shown us all we need to know. Each week he has a chance to choose from the current crop of 30 or so crap players, and he consistently chooses 11 crap players.

Black out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Black struggling has no bearing on his coaching abilities, about which we know nothing, but was OK for Bruce, and Garde, and if Pearson was happy with it, Pearson.

Whilst I've seen nothing to like it does seem to me some fans can't wait to assume the worst on little evidence.

I'll have a guess he may know how to coach. What would matter is the chemistry between them, and the other coaches appointed. It's premature and a little uninformed to write him off already.

The trouble is I do think there is evidence. Ok it's never clear what the division of duties is between a manager and a coach but under Garde there was little evidence IMO of Black influencing matters on the field. Since he has been manager he has seemed out of his depth, again IMO.

Added to that his team selections have been poor and lacking in any sort of invention. I though Black came with a decent CV but I have seen little evidence to suggest he has added any real value. As with many of the players he is tainted with our abject failure so for me at least I think he needs to go along with those players.

18 minutes ago, midian said:

Theres a article that Celtic want Pearson and trying to get him on the Express website.

That be great if true then we can hopefully. Get moyes. Don't think he has any chance of getting Celtic job in all honesty

On 25/04/2016 at 21:54, terrytini said:

I always remember watching 'World at War' and the episode about the Far east had this old song "It's a lovely day tomorrow" which came across very moving given the context.

Whilst not comparing our fate to those suffering in war (!!) it seems apt.........".Its a lovely day tomorrow, tomorrow is a lovely day...if today your heart is weary, if every little thing looks grey, just forget your troubles and learn to say, tomorrow is a lovely day....... "

Trouble is, the war was 1939-1945, 6 years.  We've had longer than that and tomorrow still keeps getting feckin worse !!

In my view the definitive ww2 documentary. Everyone should watch it.  It is much better than watching the villa.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Steve McLaren is a shit manager but Roy Keane thinks he is one of the best coaches he has worked under, could say same with Paul Clement didnt do a great managerial job at Derby but he has PSG, Real Madrid hire him as a coach 

• Like 1

I've just read one report where Pearson is coming in and Black is staying to work with him. When will things stop getting worse?

I don't see that as things getting worse, personally. Each to their own and all that. But it looks like "better" to me.

14 hours ago, Pilchard said:

Impressed by Eric Black's contribution since joining us then?

Not particularly, though it's hard to assess. 

14 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I heard that when Pearson joined Leicester one of the first things he did was get rid of the bad attitude players. He didn't ttry to tame them or bully them into submission he just got them out of the club. This included some of the more talented players. First thing he wanted to create was a culture where everyone was pulling in the same direction.

This was said by a psychologist still working at Leicester interviewed on the BBC about the amazing rise of lcfc.

Doesn't sound so bad to me.

That would be nice.

I wonder what it'd be like working with 0 players?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I heard that when Pearson joined Leicester one of the first things he did was get rid of the bad attitude players. He didn't ttry to tame them or bully them into submission he just got them out of the club. This included some of the more talented players. First thing he wanted to create was a culture where everyone was pulling in the same direction.

This was said by a psychologist still working at Leicester interviewed on the BBC about the amazing rise of lcfc.

Doesn't sound so bad to me.

And what happens if we can't get rid of these kind of players? What does Pearson then do?