Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

Might as well wait now.  Not only if a takeover is happening, but the managerial merry-go-round will be in full effect in a couple of weeks.  The options for out of work managers will be much wider.

2 hours ago, rubberman said:

Might as well wait now.  Not only if a takeover is happening, but the managerial merry-go-round will be in full effect in a couple of weeks.  The options for out of work managers will be much wider.

Or all the good managers will be snapped up and we'll have to choose between Joe Kinnear and Paul Ince

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

According to Steve Gibson @ Boro he has said that Pearson has "already gone to Villa"......

Hopefully he meant to a holiday villa in marbella....

This wouldn't be a progressive appointment in my opinion and would certainly indicate that we're not been sold anytime soon either.

Just now, theboyangel said:

Hopefully he meant to a holiday villa in marbella....

This wouldn't be a progressive appointment in my opinion and would certainly indicate that we're not been sold anytime soon either.

Or sold and pearson is their pick.

People have been calling for a short term to get us up then we progress from there

Pearson has championship experience,  got Leicester up and they progressed after.  So dont we want a short term option now then?

Not saying I support Pearson by the way but as a short term,  if in fact that is where we are going,  and to sort out the arseholes,  then maybe he is ideal

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

People have been calling for a short term to get us up then we progress from there

Pearson has championship experience,  got Leicester up and they progressed after.  So dont we want a short term option now then?

Not saying I support Pearson by the way but as a short term,  if in fact that is where we are going,  and to sort out the arseholes,  then maybe he is ideal

Even then there are better short-term options. I'd take McCarthy and probably even Bruce over Pearson for example.

Edited by Mantis

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

I would rather install someone who will be with us for the long run - yet another quick fix will result in yet more seasons of transition and players coming and going.

We don't need someone to come in and sort out the arseholes if we prioritise and rid the club of said arseholes.

By bringing in a 'task master/arrognant dick' I could see us taking the cheaper option of retaining the element at the club in the hope it gets fixed.

• Like 4

IF Pearson is brought I at least hope it isn't in the hope that he can "sort out" the poisonous players at the club because we should be way past that point now. words removed like Lescott, Gabby etc should be ruthlessly disposed of. There can be no compromises.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I would rather install someone who will be with us for the long run - yet another quick fix will result in yet more seasons of transition and players coming and going.

We don't need someone to come in and sort out the arseholes if we prioritise and rid the club of said arseholes.

By bringing in a 'task master/arrognant dick' I could see us taking the cheaper option of retaining the element at the club in the hope it gets fixed.

I agree entirely.  I do not want people to think my post favours a short term fix.  I do not believe that is the way we need to go,  just saying I have seen a few people suggest that is what we should do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don't see the problem with any of McCarthy, Pearson or Bruce. Proven Championship managers who have eached achieved promotion.

We are not a Premier League team guys...

Doesn't mean we have to hire words removed, though.

• Like 2