Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

I'm not very romantically nourished by the prospect of Pearson but I wouldn't be too angry about it. Every manager is a gamble, at least in the pot we're picking from. 

There's not many managers out there that can fight off a pack of savage dogs with a stick, so that seems as good as reason as any to go with him. At least he's got recent, relevant experience in this league and might just get us up. All depends on the takeover though really doesn't it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

Even then there are better short-term options. I'd take McCarthy and probably even Bruce over Pearson for example.

Before, I didn't care if we appointed Steve Bruce. Now I realise Eric Black was formerly his assistant, that immediately puts me off him, as he's not going to do what I want (put Eric Black in a cannon and fire him over the roof of the Trinity Road Stand). 

• Like 3

Still holding out for Moyes.

Pearson would be an also suitable though if we didn't have the budget.

Really can't say I've seen anyone else I want near the club as yet

Pearson for me. Fed up of David O'Dreary managers. If the players can't, at least the manager will entertain us.

Except for in his dull post match interviews zzzzzzZZZZZZZ

24 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Pearson for me, all day long.

Let's be realistic, as it stands, person would be a bit of a coup for us. Has achieved a lot more in the game the last few years than this shower of shit have.

Yup, I have to agree, as things are getting a person would be a bit of a coup !

To be honest part of me doesn't want a Manager, a takeover, or indeed any more fixtures. It would be a relief if they just decided to shut the 'shop', board everything up and just forget all about football.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Can't believe some people would want Mad Mick McCarthey.. We're bad but surely not that bad!

He has a good record - what more do you want ?

Not my fave  but what seemed daft even a year ago is no longer so.

52 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

While not the worst name mentioned, Pearson would be yet another manager coming in without his preferred staff. There is enough shit to sort out at the moment without trying to cobble together another back-room team.

Agree - I'm ok with Pearson but not with a new 'team' - we've enough crap to sort out as it is.

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

To be honest part of me doesn't want a Manager, a takeover, or indeed any more fixtures. It would be a relief if they just decided to shut the 'shop', board everything up and just forget all about football.

They tried that 9 months ago , can't we fo something different 

• Like 1