Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

7 hours ago, Pilchard said:

I'm not sure a manager such as Pearson is a good idea with such a poisonous atmosphere already in existence.

I dont think he would take any crap from these assholes/players. be only reason I Would be keen on him if honest

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I keep saying I don't care who he is, but I'd now like to qualify that slightly:

I don't care who he is, as long as he sacks Eric Black immediately. 

Can't agree more, which is why I don't want Steve Bruce! The thought of Bruce/Black next season - no thanks!! 

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

But the negativity won't disappear until a new manager is appointed.

Naaaah, this is VT, negativity will persist. Then will come the "obviously no takeover is close", "see you in League 2" posts etc.

• Like 1

If we get new ambitious owners, Di Matteo?

Worked in the Championship and Premier League, every time he's been sacked it's been viewed as controversial on the whole. Worked at WBA and applied for the SHA job. Apparently still has a house in Warwickshire. Will have good contacts in European football.

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Worked in the Championship and Premier League, every time he's been sacked it's been viewed as controversial on the whole. Worked at WBA and applied for the SHA job. Apparently still has a house in Warwickshire. Will have good contacts in European football.

Always like Di Matteo to be honest. Isn't he Manager at Schalke 04 though?

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Resigned after leading them to 6th in 2015. They were bottom half when he took over but he led them into the Champo league spots and then won 2 of their last 10 games. 

Interestingly he was the one that put Sidney Sam and Kevin Prince-Boateng on a form of gardening leave after being unimpressed with their attitude and something happening behind the scenes. So clearly wouldn't put up with what is going on here at the moment.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think he would take any crap from these assholes/players. be only reason I Would be keen on him if honest

Yes I have definitely come round to Pearson and most neutrals I speak to think he's a good idea for us as well not many pick holes with his past behavior either. His stock seems lower here than elsewhere 

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

No thanks. All does is park the bus and try to nick 1-0 victories. We've had years of depressing football. I want us to be an attacking side in the championship.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I know the below team would still lose, but at least there would be a fight worth watching!

Gestede

Grealish - Ayew - Traore

Gana - Vertout

Cissokho - Toner - Okore - Hutton

Guzan

subs: Green, Lyden, Sanchez, Gil, Bunn, Clark, Westwood.

Would take that team, especially if we can add 3-4 quality players to the squad.  GK, CB, CM, F

- been wanting to see that front four in that formation all season 

Edited by Gary Thomas

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nope. He's back in the UK, and living in the Midlands.

• Like 1

Found this amusing...all down to Lerner...

Game of thrones

The description of 'twists and turns and emotional turmoil' could easily be used to describe this season's Premier League, with big teams falling from grace and unlikely candidates battling it out to be named Kings of England.

But if the Premier League throws up as many twists and turns as Game of Thrones, then which clubs would be best suited to which character?

Edited by mikeyp102

He's been mentioned in here previously, but further talk of Flores possibly being shown the door.

Going for a Watford manager who will most likely finish around mid table in the top flight while also reaching the FA cup semi final in the same season as we drop down a division. I have to be honest, the symmetry of it appeals to me.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but as it was Bernstein who said the next manager would be English (or British if you interpreted it that way) do we still think that's going to be the case?

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

No thanks. All does is park the bus and try to nick 1-0 victories. We've had years of depressing football. I want us to be an attacking side in the championship.

The most recent display I remember from his side is Schalke beating Real Madrid 4-3 at the Bernabeau. So I think he can play with that mentality but I doubt he would in the Championship.

His West Brom side that won promotion scored 89 goals in 46 games, which is more than any other team in the league bar the winners Newcastle. We've scored 105 goals in our last 3 seasons in the premier league. 

Their top scorer in the league was Brunt and the overall was Dorrans, both midfielders. Think he can be exciting when the time calls for it 

• Like 2