Keinan Davis

a-k

4 hours ago, av1 said:

Won't make it at this level imo

Why not? I think he has all of the attributes, he’s quick, strong, good in the air, he can bring others in to the game. He is a good finisher although a lot on here don’t think he is

He had a limited number of opportunities with the ball in fairness. I didn't see much hold up play and at one point the ball was passed to him with his back to goal and he misjudged it and it rolled under his foot. However it was very good play for his turn and shot.

I have massive reservations about his ability to score goals though. Ultimately at this level we need to sign a better forward in January to compete with Wesley.

• Like 1

People writing this lad off , it astounds me.

Now I'm not saying he will make it, but his forty odd appearances have pretty much all been 10 or 5 minutes here or there.

His one run in the side was when we were desperately struggling playing negative football under Bruce and his introduction really turned out season around.

His lack of goals is alarming but when he did play seven games in a row he did start scoring getting two goals in his 6 game run 

Strikers are confidence players. Don't write him off until he has had at least a run in the side in a good side capable of creating chances for him

Edited by ramshackler
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why not? I think he has all of the attributes, he’s quick, strong, good in the air, he can bring others in to the game. He is a good finisher although a lot on here don’t think he is

I think this is what he lacks, everything else is there he just can't score! 

• Like 1

Don't think he's quite up to it yet, and that's coming from someone who wanted us to try him over Wesley not that long ago.

When/if we get a new attacker in January I'd sen Davis out on loan.

If we can sell Kodjia then I guess Davis will stick around as cover.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I honestly don't think his goal return is that important, as his game is about getting others into play - if we play well as a team and score when he's on the pitch, that's what really matters. 

YES

• Like 1

Hit and miss in his cameo, messed up some basic stuff but then looked a world beater for a few seconds with his burst and shot.......I’m still a fan and I still think there’s potential to be converted but he has to improve on the simple stuff more consistently.

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hit and miss in his cameo, messed up some basic stuff but then looked a world beater for a few seconds with his burst and shot.......I’m still a fan and I still think there’s potential to be converted but he has to improve on the simple stuff more consistently.

Needs a loan for me. 

Thought he was alright. Did some poor stuff, which almost seemed due to concentration or nervousness, and did some good stuff as well. 

It's just impossible to judge a player on a short cameo. He had some decent movements in front of the box as well, but for some reason our wide players decided to whip the ball in behind him. 

Not for me, he doesnt have enough.  Some on here have said that if he can bring others into play then that would be enough if didnt score goals.  The only way this would work is if were playing two up front.  We need a striker who is going to score some goals i.e. 12 per season (hopefully more) and for me I'd be surprised if Davis would hit 6-8 goals and that (IMHO) is being generous.  I dont think the rest of his game is really special enough to counter that lack of goals.  It's good and he does bring in other players but not nearly enough to warrant it and especially not for a team in our position who is new to the league and plays the system we do.

Hopefully in January we bring in another striker and Davis goes out on loan or sold.

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Don't think we should be that quick to write him off, he's an affective sub to bring on in late stages of the game, gives us a different dynamic

Really, i never think so and yes he's different as will any player coming on to the pitch to replace another.  I think it always weakens the team dramatically because he doesnt have that impact but I guess he does have fresh legs. 

17 hours ago, nick76 said:

Hopefully in January we bring in another striker and Davis goes out on loan or sold.

Loan for me see how he develops. I think we’d rue selling him at this stage to be honest, especially when we haven’t seen what he’s capable of (even if he can’t cut it at Premier League level). 

• Like 2

Can't help but like him.

There is a player in there. The way he took the ball on his chest and just ran past their CB and creating a chance all on his own was impressive.

If only it went in! Not a great angle though, very hard to score from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Can't help but like him.

There is a player in there. The way he took the ball on his chest and just ran past their CB and creating a chance all on his own was impressive.

If only it went in! Not a great angle though, very hard to score from there.

Agreed, only Marco Van Targett can manage goals from those angles! :D

Â