Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The moment he gets a goal and confidence rises you wanna drop him? No way. I really like Davis. Top talent. But there's no way we should be dropping Wesley against Palace. 

Read my original post more closely. Especially the date.

• Thanks 1

I know it never really happened but i always thought some sort of 4-4-2 with him & Hogan/A Hogan like player could actually be a very dangerous combination. Maybe born 20 years too late for the big man, little man front two combo. He's definitely got something but it's quite scary that our entire forward line is a new guy that is not especially known for putting the ball in the net, A 29 year old guy who is injured more often than not and isn't exactly prolific at a lower level and a 21 year old kid who has scored a goal every 20 or so games at any sort of senior level

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

I know it never really happened but i always thought some sort of 4-4-2 with him & Hogan/A Hogan like player could actually be a very dangerous combination. Maybe born 20 years too late for the big man, little man front two combo. He's definitely got something but it's quite scary that our entire forward line is a new guy that is not especially known for putting the ball in the net, A 29 year old guy who is injured more often than not and isn't exactly prolific at a lower level and a 21 year old kid who has scored a goal every 20 or so games at any sort of senior level

Me too. Wednesday at home it happened. Was excited.

Adam Reach i think it was riffled one in on the volley from 500 yards after 30 seconds and it was never saw again.

Selfless worker when the ball is deep, which is great. Worked channels hard, held it up when it hit him, couple of tasty stepovers I wasn't expecting as well.

Must be more of a goal threat though. Once we've progressed up the pitch, go and get in that box Kei.

• Like 1

Biggest sign of improvement for me was the near post run for his goal. Getting into the position to score, that's what he needs to work on more. Hopefully the goal will give him that confidence boost he needs. 

Like others, I really want to see him succeed, it would be a  great story to go from getting released from Stevenage to scoring in the Prem.

Edited by holtend4life
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I think most people are in agreement that his strength,  hold up play, the bringing of other players into the game are all strong attributes to Keinan's game with the main concern being the lack of goals.

Well hopefully the one he scored last night will give him the confidence to perhaps back himself a little more and to get more goals which will be a great thing for Villa and put pressure on Wesley which is what it's all about - pressure for places.

Goals always aid confidence......but I think it will come. I think like a child be a slow walker or talker, he will get there.

I think he is just one of those players that have taken his time, like David Platt, not saying he is like David in style, just saying Platty was a slow starter too.

Keinan, does one of the hardest bits in his physicality, he now needs to work on the finesse  bit, some do it the other way around.

I say slow starter........... but he is still only 21, still wet behind the ears. If he stays positive, patient and determined to work hard, the goals will come and when they do.......

........I think he will be a really good player.

ps Keeping him here and working/competing with Wes, may do him the world of good.....both of a similar stature to benchmark themselves.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Does his contract expire in 2020?

Bit concerning if so (assuming no optional extension), ohare in the same position and we have already activated his extension.

And Rushian Hepburn-Murphy also expires in Summer 2020, same for Easah Suliman

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

good, sensible management by the club, these "kids" are all over 20 now, we can release all of them if they do nothing this year, no one is coming in from abroad to sign them in jan, if they're not good enough for us then no English bigger fish will come in for them in may either so we still hold enough sway over them

big incentive for them

I think davis will be the only one left this time next year, we have the next wave to try and push through

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

As well as Hepburn-Murphy, and Davis... Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare and Andre Green are also out of contract in 2020, although we might have options to extend their deals for one year. I imagine Davis will sign a new deal soon, we aren't just going to let him go for free in the summer.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

As well as Hepburn-Murphy, and Davis... Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare and Andre Green are also out of contract in 2020, although we might have options to extend their deals for one year. I imagine Davis will sign a new deal soon, we aren't just going to let him go for free in the summer.

We defo don't have an option on ohare, his base contract expired 2019 and we triggered the 1 year extension to 2020.

3 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Thought we was great when he came on. Has to be close to a start whether outwide or up top with Wesley.

He’s not a winger by any stretch of the imagination, he’s a natural centre forward. There is this idea on this forum that he is a poor finisher but I don’t think he is, not at all. There is a lot of potential there with him, I think Smith sees this

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s not a winger by any stretch of the imagination, he’s a natural centre forward. There is this idea on this forum that he is a poor finisher but I don’t think he is, not at all. There is a lot of potential there with him, I think Smith sees this

He is closer to being a goalkeeper than a winger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He needs to improve his movement (like mitrovic as an example)

He is physically competent.....needs to read the game more and make runs like he did against crewe.....its all about football intelligence and timing....he does tend to be a bit static at times and then he gets clobbered.

The paradox is if he moves more he will be less physically challenged.

I'm hoping he can develop a bit more like Mitrovic and become a more rounded player.

Â