Keinan Davis

a-k

On 21/10/2019 at 14:58, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Loan for me see how he develops. I think we’d rue selling him at this stage to be honest, especially when we haven’t seen what he’s capable of (even if he can’t cut it at Premier League level). 

Agree should we buy a striker Davis needs to go on loan to a championship club develop some more then let DS and his staff re access in the summer. Just not ready yet. 

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Agree should we buy a striker Davis needs to go on loan to a championship club develop some more then let DS and his staff re access in the summer. Just not ready yet. 

I don't think we will give him a chance apart from the next 2-3 months (it he goes on loan and we get anyone).

To be honest, we need to give more than the odd 5-10 mins here or there.

Every cameo he makes he looks twice as sharp as Wes. 

He's also been very unlucky not to score a couple of goals in my opinion, he's had some great saves and blocks against him which could easily have gone in. 

It's a matter of time before he starts scoring. 

Wes is just so ineffective and basically has scored half his goals during a shockingly bad Norwich performance.  

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Fact is Davis gets talked up because people don't like Wesley, and that's always a bad way to judge a player.

He had a really good cameo today, but failing to tuck away that chance shows why DS has preferred Wesley, for all his faults.

What we really need for the long term is a new striker. The big question is whether we need him in January to stay up (I think Davis and Wesley might be good enough to keep us up), or do we wait until the summer when the money will stretch further?

• Like 1

The thing is, we have seen it so often that a player comes off the bench, plays well or better than the player he replaces, starts the next game and is a crock of shite.

We have Liverpool at home next so I would expect us to have more possession so I'd stick with Wes but next away game where we could be pegged back a little, I'd consider starting Davis.

• Thanks 1

I am not in the start Keinan camp but why Dean waits so long to bring him on i'll never know.  Did the same against Burnley.  Wes got concussed and he still threw him back out there for another 10 minutes before Keinan got his shot.  Wes's finishing is miles better Keinan but man when he has a stinker its bad.  Real bad.  Why not bring Keinan on a little earlier. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Can you provide and evidence to back up this "fact" please? 

It was a turn of phrase, but my point was that Davis was not being talked up as an option for the starting 11 over the summer transfer window. It's only Wesley's performances that are making him an option.

Is giving Keinan his first premier league start against a certain Van Dijk a good idea? I'm not sure but I'm quite tempted. 

I think we all know full well he isn't going to start banging the goals in but right now I think he offers more than Wesley. 

The problem is with Wes and Keinan is......" you change the bowler but don't change to bowling"

They are very similar....and the change is marginal.

We need pace up front to stretch teams and frighten their back four.....We also need a winger who can do the same....who says Trez has pace?

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The problem is with Wes and Keinan is......" you change the bowler but don't change to bowling"

They are very similar....and the change is marginal.

We need pace up front to stretch teams and frighten their back four.....We also need a winger who can do the same....who says Trez has pace?

Keinan got pace.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

The thing is, we have seen it so often that a player comes off the bench, plays well or better than the player he replaces, starts the next game and is a crock of shite.

We have Liverpool at home next so I would expect us to have more possession so I'd stick with Wes but next away game where we could be pegged back a little, I'd consider starting Davis.

Exactly this. Football matches tend to start out as chess games, and finish like basketball games. More goals are scored in the second half, it's easier to beat a tired defender, etc.

I think Davis has earnt a start, but we shouldn't get too excited about it. His career goalscoring record is abysmal.

Â