Keinan Davis

a-k

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

I would start him - but don't expect DS to. I do hope he gets longer than 10 minutes at the end though.

I hope he features more too. I have to admit I wasn’t a fan of his. Felt his attitude wasn’t right. But from what I’ve seen of him this season it looks like he’s working very hard on his game.  

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hope he features more too. I have to admit I wasn’t a fan of his. Felt his attitude wasn’t right. But from what I’ve seen of him this season it looks like he’s working very hard on his game.  

Why didn’t you think his attitude was right? For me, that’s one of his strengths 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why didn’t you think his attitude was right? For me, that’s one of his strengths 

I remember a few games when he came on and seem to just strut about. Wasn’t chasing or pressing at all. I also heard stories about him being a bit arrogant when meeting fans. As if he had made it big time and above them.

These things stuck with me, admittedly very unfairly. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I remember a few games when he came on and seem to just strut about. Wasn’t chasing or pressing at all. I also heard stories about him being a bit arrogant when meeting fans. As if he had made it big time and above them.

He doesn’t come across at all to me like that, he’s come from non-league. It’s a fairytale story

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think he is arrogant. I saw an interview with him where he was trying to answer the questions but clearly finding it a bit uncomfortable. He's only 21 its only natural to find it a bit awkward having to make conversation with total strangers who think they know you because they've seen you playing football. He probably comes across that way because so many other footballers seem to be unnaturally confident and have had loads of media training.

• Like 2

On 23/09/2019 at 02:02, Skruff said:

His holdup play has been superb for every minute I've seen him play so far this season.

Think it was a mistake not to bring him on yesterday. 

Disagree, the ball wasn’t getting to Wesley, Davis wouldn’t have made a blind bit of difference. 

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He has everything except goal scoring ability. It's a real shame.

he couldn't score against Brighton's U15s so how will he score in the Prem. I agree though in a two up front he could be really effective as his hold up play is great, he just isn't a natural centre forward even if he looks like one.

37 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He has everything except goal scoring ability. It's a real shame.

We keep saying the kid has no scoring ability as if he has had such an extended run in the team, multiple chances and missed a plethora of sitters.

Again, do people remember how many sitters Tammy missed in this team, and how many chances he needed to score?

Keinan is still developing and he just looks to be getting better and better.

Was brilliant in those highlights.

Either way, he can and will be very useful up there.

• Like 2

His work rate and strength could be crucial for us this season and he should be used to help us close off games and retain the ball high up the pitch. He brings others into play so well. Maybe he could do a similar job out on the left, similar to what Heskey did fairly successfully for Plop.? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

The more I see of him the more he reminds me of Heskey. A good hold up player who will create chances for those around him but isn't likely to score many goals.

No offence but this is such a lazy comparison. Heskey is a member of the premier league 100 club, from a young age he was feared by a lot of defences. He had pace and power. Davis currently can only hold up play and even then we haven’t seen him do it much against top defences. 

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

No offence but this is such a lazy comparison. Heskey is a member of the premier league 100 club, from a young age he was feared by a lot of defences. He had pace and power. Davis currently can only hold up play and even then we haven’t seen him do it much against top defences. 

It's not though. He has excellent hold up play reminiscent of Heskey. 

It's not like you can use the argument "we haven’t seen him do it much against top defences." when he doesn't get a chance to shine.  He should have come on second half against arsenal. It was bleeding obvious to anyone half competent. Except Deano for some bizarre reason. 

Â