Keinan Davis

a-k

16 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'd give him a shot on Monday. Can't be worse than Wesley.

Well he can, since Wesley has 1 goal this season in just 4 games and was brilliant in our last home game. Davis on the other hand has 2 career league goals

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well he can, since Wesley has 1 goal this season in just 4 games and was brilliant in our last home game. Davis on the other hand has 2 career league goals

It’s not just about scoring goals, yes it is the important thing for a striker but Davis has other attributes like bringing others in to play and holding the ball up. Davis will run through a brick wall for his team and I like that in a player, that’s not to say he doesn’t have ability, he has great first touch, he can finish too, make no mistake

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s not just about scoring goals, yes it is the important thing for a striker but Davis has other attributes like bringing others in to play and holding the ball up. Davis will run through a brick wall for his team and I like that in a player, that’s not to say he doesn’t have ability, he has great first touch, he can finish too, make no mistake

It isn't just about that... but when we're likely to struggle for goals this season, it's very, very, very much about that.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

24 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

One brilliant moment...

I know it’s two different posters but I found this funny considering Davis has only ever scored 2 goals for us. 

Edit: for the record I wouldn’t have a problem if he started. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know it’s two different posters but I found this funny considering Davis has only ever scored 2 goals for us. 

Edit: for the record I wouldn’t have a problem if he started. 

That’s funny because when we signed Darren Bent, I was ridiculed on here because all he did was score goals and eventually he kept us up virtually by himself

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

That’s funny because when we signed Darren Bent, I was ridiculed on here because all he did was score goals and eventually he kept us up virtually by himself

Bit of a strange comparison and this is ever-so-slightly exaggerated in any case.  Bent was a good finisher for us, especially the first half-season he was with us, but I don't remember him hitting double figures in any season from then on in?  Could be wrong here though.

He was nowhere near the level of importance - in terms of both all-round play and also scoring goals (which is what you want!) - as Christian Benteke, who truly did keep us up single handedly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Bit of a strange comparison and this is ever-so-slightly exaggerated in any case.  Bent was a good finisher for us, especially the first half-season he was with us, but I don't remember him hitting double figures in any season from then on in?  Could be wrong here though.

He was nowhere near the level of importance - in terms of both all-round play and also scoring goals (which is what you want!) - as Christian Benteke, who truly did keep us up single handedly.

I can’t argue with that

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ll be suprised if you were ridiculed the season he was signed. It was an exciting time and he was banging them in the for fun. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ll be suprised if you were ridiculed the season he was signed. It was an exciting time and he was banging them in the for fun. 

Everyone else was saying that he didn’t have the all round game to go with his goalscoring instincts

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Everyone else was saying that he didn’t have the all round game to go with his goalscoring instincts

A striker that does nothing but score goals is fine when he is scoring goals. When he isn’t it’s like playing with 10 men.  Hogan being a good example. 

Davis and Wesley have more to their game. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A striker that does nothing but score goals is fine when he is scoring goals. When he isn’t it’s like playing with 10 men.  Hogan being a good example. 

Davis and Wesley have more to their game. 

Best example I've seen at this club was Bent. 

On 12/09/2019 at 01:07, bobzy said:

Bent hit 9 in each of his first two seasons with us, alongside Young and Downing, we looked quite a formidable attacking outfit, and all three men got called up for England.

Many fans were concerned and some even hysterical about relegation the year we signed Bent and Houllier was sick. We ended up salvaging a mid-table finish.

I could never understand it myself, but when it was apparent European placing would be beyond us, people lost a lot of confidence and enthusiasm.

Unfortunately next up we would lose our best assets and supply line for Darren Bent, in Young and Downing, and replaced with N'Zogbia who admittedly was performing at Wigan.

Anyway, onto Davis, I think he is quite a capable player of worthy contributions for us. I'm not sure if he's ever been a prolific scorer but I think his skill level is adequate to play.

I wouldn't want to depend on him weekly right now, but people suggesting he doesn't have the goals in him forget he played half a season in our 4th placed championship finish.

You don't achieve that level of success playing with 10 men for half a season, Davis was able to play an effective and functional role, and for me, I see him doing okay if called on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â