Keinan Davis

a-k

7 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I've only watched the highlights but looked impressive last night. I'd still start wesley, I think he needs to spend more time with the team and get into the box. Against Burnley he will get that chance 

Yeah he did look good, probably deserves to come on the last 20-25 mins, whether that is replacing one of the wide players or Wesley.

48 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's not though. He has excellent hold up play reminiscent of Heskey. 

It's not like you can use the argument "we haven’t seen him do it much against top defences." when he doesn't get a chance to shine.  He should have come on second half against arsenal. It was bleeding obvious to anyone half competent. Except Deano for some bizarre reason. 

But as I said, Heskey has far far more to his game. So yes I think it is a lazy comparison. 

I can use the argument that he hasn’t played against top defences much, because he hasn’t. The coaches obviously don’t think he’s ready. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

But as I said, Heskey has far far more to his game. So yes I think it is a lazy comparison. 

I can use the argument that he hasn’t played against top defences much, because he hasn’t. The coaches obviously don’t think he’s ready. 

Except the point you made wasn't that the coaches don't rate him yet. You said and I quote

"Davis currently can only hold up play and even then we haven’t seen him do it much against top defences." 

Which is subjective and a fair enough PoV, but you actually try and use the fact he hasn't played against top teams as an argument that maybe even his hold up play isn't up to scratch. Which it obviously is. And what's the point of being a glass half full person. Maybe Davis gets his shot against top teams and plays utterly brilliant. He should have come on against arsenal and Deano probably regret that every morning. 

On 26/09/2019 at 20:45, cheltenham_villa said:

I've only watched the highlights but looked impressive last night. I'd still start wesley, I think he needs to spend more time with the team and get into the box. Against Burnley he will get that chance 

Oops.

Don’t agree that we need to continue playing Wesley so we a) don’t knock his confidence and b) allow him time to gel with the team.

We need points and we need them now. This league is unforgiving and I think Wesley is costing us points. Davis needs to be given a run out. 

• 3 weeks later...

You can see this lad is such a confidence player.

First few touches went straight through him, but as soon as he shrugged his marker off at half way line turned and ran he looked a different player.

I'd love to see him get a good run in this team. He literally has only had one run of games in a turgid Bruce ball team.

He has so much strength and ability but it's not going to develop playing five minutes here and there. Would love to see what he is or isn't capable of

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Very decent cameo i thought.

Got strength and pace for days.

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Poor cameo in my eyes. Was brought on to make the ball stick up top, and he really struggled to do that. 

Ahh the rich tapestry of football. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, av1 said:

Won't make it at this level imo

Bit harsh for me. I think he has decent attributes, strength, pace, brings others into play, probably needs a run of games like most strikers do to get his confidence up. 

Today, he was 50/50, a couple of times it didn't stick when played into him, but the turn and run on the half way line and the chest and strike in the box was very good, it's moments like that show he has some potential.

• Like 1

Â