Keinan Davis

a-k

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If it was Lukaku would still be at Man Utd.

Man Utd didn't want him because a decent goalscorer is all he is. He is a crap "footballer"

Rashford and Martial scores less goals than him but still they bring much more to the team.

This is a pretty shocking argument especially given United are up to nothing now and when Lukaku was considered their main man they finished second.

Another way to look at it is that every single successful team in any league has a forward with at least a 'respectable' goal ratio. You'd actually struggle to find a successful side who doesn't have a forward with a ratio nearing 1 in 2.

5 hours ago, Philosopher said:

It is the MAIN thing. And he has done very well at the MAIN thing by which we judge strikers

It is important no doubt, but it's just flawed thinking saying it's the main thing. If we would have scored 6-7 goals with a striker that did the other stuff better than Wes, we might have had 3-6 points we currently don't have. 

What's clear from his performance is that he's definitely not got the positioning to be a real goal threat. He doesn't move into the right attacking spaces or make dangerous runs - he's happy to drop deeper and help with the build up but he's not there to finish it. Think he'd be fine in a striking two but not in the formation we play. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

What's clear from his performance is that he's definitely not got the positioning to be a real goal threat. He doesn't move into the right attacking spaces or make dangerous runs - he's happy to drop deeper and help with the build up but he's not there to finish it. Think he'd be fine in a striking two but not in the formation we play. 

I actually think his ability to bring the midfield into attack would be interesting with Grealish, but guess we won't see that now. Was a good 45 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I actually think his ability to bring the midfield into attack would be interesting with Grealish, but guess we won't see that now. Was a good 45 

It was OK. I was expecting him to do more after some impressive cameos but Wesley has nothing to worry about, injury or not. 

• Like 1

I thought his 45 today was as good lone striker performance as I've seen Wes do all season. With Grealish and a full strength team he'd be more likely to grab a goal today as well. 

He doesn't have the touch like Wes, and doesn't seem completely confident at times. But give him a season in the championship and I would like to review him. Ideally I would like to see Wes have a season in the championship as well, but that's not likely. 

Anyway striker needed come january. 

I've been saying start him v Liverpool but I thought he was poor tonight. 

Take ages to get the ball under control. Turning with it like the old keepers on PES used to.

Anyway, hope it's not too bad because I'd rather be throwing him on than Kodj still.

Â